Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: The Crime Scene

The Crime Scene

Is it just me or do others consider having the very close up pix of Devon at the crime scene and Damon at the morgue disrespectful? Even the poorly written and edited book, MTJD, put black bars over the boys' eyes. On her site you see everything in very clear color. www.justicefordarlie.net How can she stand to have those pix posted like that by her supporters
    Do they think those pix would help her case?

Beesy Was Here

So I held my head up high
    Hiding hate that burns inside
    Which only fuels their selfish pride
    We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    A sun that shines on only some
    We the meek are all in one
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Quote Originally Posted by beesy
    How can she stand to have those pix posted like that by her supporters
    I think they believed it would help her case, Beesy, but from what I've seen and heard, it backfired on them big time. Darlie's website is operating from the premise that an intruder did it...in that scenario, they probably thought the photos would inflame the public enough to want to get the "real killer". How could someone do that to those poor boys???

Darlie/Darin/ family/supporters underestimated people's intelligence from day one, and eight years later, they still don't get it. The only thing those photos do is inflame people's hatred of what Darlie did to her little boys.

Ya know which one really gets to me? The photo of Damon (gallery 5) with his face pressed into the gurney. My first reaction was, "Somebody, quick, turn him over so he can breathe..." Then I realized that I didn't have to worry. Darlie made sure her son would never breathe again.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to Mary456 For This Useful Post:

Is it just me or do others consider having the very close up pix of Devon at the crime scene and Damon at the morgue disrespectful? Even the poorly written and edited book, MTJD, put black bars over the boys' eyes. On her site you see everything in very clear color. www.justicefordarlie.net How can she stand to have those pix posted like that by her supporters
    I don't think Darlie's family has anything to do with the justicefordarlie website. Her family operates the other one, which is .org.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    I don't think Darlie's family has anything to do with the justicefordarlie website. Her family operates the other one, which is .org.
    I said her supporters, not her family, and I am sure if Darlie made it known to them she didn't want those horrid pix shown, they'd take them off. Since they believe in her so much, they'd listen to her. It all lands on her doorstep
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Quote Originally Posted by Mary456
    Ya know which one really gets to me? The photo of Damon (gallery 5) with his face pressed into the gurney. My first reaction was, "Somebody, quick, turn him over so he can breathe..." Then I realized that I didn't have to worry. Darlie made sure her son would never breathe again.
    I hate that one too. When I 1st saw the crime scene pic of Devon, I thought that he didn't really look like he was in a natural sleeping position. Then, later when I checked on my 8 yr old son, he was in the same position! Freaked me out! I moved him
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

I don't think they care. You're talking about people who allowed two dead children to be dug up and their hands removed. Not big on compassion if you ask me.

Punlication of Boys' Photos

I said her supporters, not her family,

That you did.

and I am sure if Darlie made it known to them she didn't want those horrid pix shown, they'd take them off. Since they believe in her so much, they'd listen to her. It all lands on her doorstep
    I am not sure that is true. Some of her supporters are like a fan club, I guess, but there are people against the death penalty who are activists and others who probably have their own agendas posing as her supporters as well. The woman who runs the justicefordarlie site is not someone I know personally, but she's been around for a long time. I believe she used to host Darlie's website for her and her family. When the family took it over, she started this one. I am not sure a phone call from Darlie would make her jump, but maybe. As I said I have no personal knowledge. My experience with people though tells me that any high profile case cannot be controlled by any one person or group.

I know a lot of people are bothered by the photos but I am not sure the case could be investigated so thoroughly by websleuths without them. Not that that changes anything in her defense, but it gives me a little bias on the subject.

I can't say that I would post a photo of my child like that on the internet or approve of anyone who did, but I've never been on death row. If my very life depended on it, I might be convinced that it was necessary.

On the other hand, since I believe her to be guilty, I concede that the only right thing for her to have done was to confess. That does make the open publication of the photos an atrocity.

I guess that means I agree with you. Sorry it took me so long to get here.

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense." - Tom Clancy

Fingerprints

Quote Originally Posted by Jeana (DP)
    I don't think they care. You're talking about people who allowed two dead children to be dug up and their hands removed. Not big on compassion if you ask me.
    I want to ask why you object so much to this, and then I remember that she is guilty and I realize that she could have stopped it all simply by confessing and doing right by the dead children. The fact that neither one of them stopped the maddness at that point says a lot about both of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Goody
    I want to ask why you object so much to this, and then I remember that she is guilty and I realize that she could have stopped it all simply by confessing and doing right by the dead children. The fact that neither one of them stopped the maddness at that point says a lot about both of them.

That's it exactly. She's still doing it too.

I have a friend who lives a couple blocks from the murder house. It bothers me just knowing I am going near her home every time I visit that friend. In fact, I try to get her to come to my house so I don't have to deal with it. I once tried to tell this friend how I feel but she must think she is stuck there or something, so she feels she won't let Darlie's crime dictate her neighborhood. I think that is easier said than done!

I knew they dug them up, but they cut off their hands?!!!!
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Quote Originally Posted by Cowgirl
    I have a friend who lives a couple blocks from the murder house. It bothers me just knowing I am going near her home every time I visit that friend. In fact, I try to get her to come to my house so I don't have to deal with it. I once tried to tell this friend how I feel but she must think she is stuck there or something, so she feels she won't let Darlie's crime dictate her neighborhood. I think that is easier said than done!
    Is anybody living there now?
    Last edited by beesy; 06-23-2005 at 01:12 AM. Reason: typo
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

[
    QUOTE=Mary456]I think they believed it would help her case, Beesy, but from what I've seen and heard, it backfired on them big time. Darlie's website is operating from the premise that an intruder did it...in that scenario, they probably thought the photos would inflame the public enough to want to get the "real killer". How could someone do that to those poor boys???
    Darlie/Darin/ family/supporters underestimated people's intelligence from day one, and eight years later, they still don't get it. The only thing those photos do is inflame people's hatred of what Darlie did to her little boys.
    In MTJD Chris often shows 2 different pix of the same area. He says things like "where'd the pillow go"? The LE in any case lifts up items to see what's UNDER the item, pillow, plant etc. Often, the perp will "hide" something under an item. That's why the police took pix of the things in place as they found them and then another pic of the item removed! There is no conspiracy! The crime scene was controlled as much as possible. The cops and paramedics are only human and if they kicked some glass out of the way or tracked in some dirt, these small mistakes do not make Darlie innocent. All she has is every "innocent" killer's in prison excuse, "shoddy police work".
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

I knew they dug them up, but they cut off their hands?!!!!

Yes. In order to rehydrate the digits to get the fingerprints, the hands had to be removed. The family doing this, knowing that she's guilty, pisses me off to no end.

Yes. In order to rehydrate the digits to get the fingerprints, the hands had to be removed. The family doing this, knowing that she's guilty, pisses me off to no end.
    Oh God, that is a detail of this case I could have gone without knowing. That is nearly worse than murdering them, to me at least. She couldn't even let them rest in that world either. That made me cry, so far nothing else has!
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Does your friend know Mercedes? She still lives there, I think.

No, she says she doesn't know anyone over there. She says she avoids looking at the house too, but does not know if anyone is living there now.

The next time I go to her house, I will take a look, since I am now curious. Imagine how her next door neighbors must feel. I would sell my house if I lived next door, but then, it is such a well known murder that it might be hard to sell your house there.

Lightbulb

[QUOTE=Mary456]
    they probably thought the photos would inflame the public enough to want to get the "real killer". How could someone do that to those poor boys???
    I had a thought in the middle of the night! In our fave book, Chris mentions that the kitchen was too dark for an intruder to see her jewelry. How did he find the knives?
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

I had a thought in the middle of the night! In our fave book, Chris mentions that the kitchen was too dark for an intruder to see her jewelry. How did he find the knives?

O.K I don,t post much but I do love websleuths and have posted off and on. Never about this case.But at the risk of being told off , I have always wondered If the husband had hired someone to kill his wife, but she did not die. Yes she had to have surgery and she looked really bad In other words she could not have done that to herself by herself. What if the husband had hired someone to come in and kill his wife, maybe the two kids as well. The kids usually did not sleep down in the family room so really they should of been in there own bedrooms. But Darlie she had been sleeping on the couch for a few weeks, so he would know that. But that night two kids and darlie were all there togeather asleep. Maybe darlie was the one to be killed, kids woke up and they were killed. what is husband suppose to do then?? I would say stand behind Darlie and hope she takes the fall. What was done to those two kids was just awful and who killed them should get death, but I just feel the husband is the one that should be behind those bars. Am I alone in this way of thinking and if so why is it one would think husband was not behind this whole thing.??????Gosh I love websleuths.

Quote Originally Posted by speedlimitmama
    O.K I don,t post much but I do love websleuths and have posted off and on. Never about this case.But at the risk of being told off , I have always wondered If the husband had hired someone to kill his wife, but she did not die. Yes she had to have surgery and she looked really bad In other words she could not have done that to herself by herself. What if the husband had hired someone to come in and kill his wife, maybe the two kids as well. The kids usually did not sleep down in the family room so really they should of been in there own bedrooms. But Darlie she had been sleeping on the couch for a few weeks, so he would know that. But that night two kids and darlie were all there togeather asleep. Maybe darlie was the one to be killed, kids woke up and they were killed. what is husband suppose to do then?? I would say stand behind Darlie and hope she takes the fall. What was done to those two kids was just awful and who killed them should get death, but I just feel the husband is the one that should be behind those bars. Am I alone in this way of thinking and if so why is it one would think husband was not behind this whole thing.??????Gosh I love websleuths.
    Darin was involved somehow, but I think we've pretty much decided he didn't hire anyone to break in to kill or steal things. It's more likely he's helped with the coverup, knows Darlie did it, which makes him a monster as far as I'm concerned. Darlie had been sleeping downstairs about 5 days, not weeks. The problem with the idea of Darin hiring the killer is that there was no intruder, therefore nobody to hire. Darlie is his Trophy Wife. He's never said 1 little teeny negative thing about her publically. He's blinded by her.
    As much as we all want to think Darlie didn't do this, the evidence says she did.
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

22. The Following User Says Thank You to beesy For This Useful Post:

I am not one who doesn't want to think she did this because I have believed she did it from the very beginning. My first memories of her are of her in her short-shorts, chomping gum like a teenager, and shooting that silly string around. Had that just happened afew days earlier to my kids, I don't think you could find me in anything but a straight jacket. She is disgusting and scary.

But the idea that she was the main target -- that someone was trying to kill her and only sliced her throat with a surface wound after plunging the knife over and over into the bodies of the kids -- is clearly not based in logic.

Just look at her injuries! How can it be said that she clearly didn't do them? There is not one cut that could not have been done by her. All she did was press that knife against her throat to cause that wound and then scratched her forearm with the knife. A madman who had just cut gaping holes in the bodies of her children would be doing the same to her. And bruises? Anyone can bruise themselves. Her injuries convict her rather than exonerate her. She would have been better off having no injuries than those self-inflicted ones. Or maybe the "real killer" was obsessed with her big boobs too and didn't want to deflate them?

I am not convinced about her husband. Maybe because I cannot believe there are two people that evil. Time will tell, I guess. I just cannot believe two people sat down and planned to kill their kids together.

[QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]
    [QUOTE]
    I am not one who doesn't want to think she did this because I have believed she did it from the very beginning. My first memories of her are of her in her short-shorts, chomping gum like a teenager, and shooting that silly string around. Had that just happened afew days earlier to my kids, I don't think you could find me in anything but a straight jacket. She is disgusting and scary.
    I didn't mean because she's Darlie. I meant because she's a mother and it's supposed to be instinct for a mother to protect her child. Obviously, alot of mothers don't seem to have that instinct. Knowing that still doesn't keep me from wanting her to be innocent because to come to that conclusion, I have to admit that a mother killed her children.

But the idea that she was the main target -- that someone was trying to kill her and only sliced her throat with a surface wound after plunging the knife over and over into the bodies of the kids -- is clearly not based in logic.
    not based on logic at all. Clearly bullpoopy

Just look at her injuries! How can it be said that she clearly didn't do them? There is not one cut that could not have been done by her. All she did was press that knife against her throat to cause that wound and then scratched her forearm with the knife. A madman who had just cut gaping holes in the bodies of her children would be doing the same to her. And bruises? Anyone can bruise themselves. Her injuries convict her rather than exonerate her. She would have been better off having no injuries than those self-inflicted ones. Or maybe the "real killer" was obsessed with her big boobs too and didn't want to deflate them?
    Some people think she accidently cut her arm while killing Devon and was forced to put herself into the attack. The cut on her arm is a pretty deep cut, but could have been done by her or accidently done. Devon must have fought. He had a cut on his buttocks and bruises on his feet. He could have caused her to cut herself and then she had to become a "victim" too. She might have planned to kill the kids, but I don't think she planned to be a victim. If she did, she didn't plan it very well. The scene is set very sloppily, indicative of panic. I think we are all obsessed with her boobs

I am not convinced about her husband. Maybe because I cannot believe there are two people that evil. Time will tell, I guess. I just cannot believe two people sat down and planned to kill their kids together
    . No I don't think he was even involved in the actual murders, much less planning them. He knows she did it though.
    Beesy Was Here

We're all held captive
    Out from the sun
    Creed
    My Own Prison

Beesy

Darin was involved somehow, but I think we've pretty much decided he didn't hire anyone to break in to kill or steal things. It's more likely he's helped with the coverup, knows Darlie did it, which makes him a monster as far as I'm concerned. Darlie had been sleeping downstairs about 5 days, not weeks. The problem with the idea of Darin hiring the killer is that there was no intruder, therefore nobody to hire. Darlie is his Trophy Wife. He's never said 1 little teeny negative thing about her publically. He's blinded by her.
    As much as we all want to think Darlie didn't do this, the evidence says she did.
    Hi Beesy, Thank you and thee others for responding to my questions. I know Darlie had surgery, so why the surgery if she was not cut bad. Her neck looked bad to me and the brusing was terrible. she was cut clear to the bone on one cut. Yes she could of gotten all of it except the cut on the neck from killing the kids since they fought. But was it ever looked into as far as the husband might of hired someone to kill her? What about the hand print that did not belong to anyone in the house, the foot print.?? The police talk of the intruder entered through the basement window. Darin was the only one not tonched except for the little one upstairs. Yet it was a blood bath down stairs. If he did not hire someone to do it, why on earth would he stand behind her if she really did kill those babies? How could anyone love someone so much to annore what happened to those babies. I figuared he hoped to have her killed and things went wrong and she was still alive.What else could he do except play the loving husband if he feared his but might be in the sling.Could Darlie really not bring herself to question that she was the target and hubby behind it. If it is true Darlie did this, then she should die and sooner the better. I understand that some think darin was involved in some way, so why not question if Darlie was set up???I am so confused in all this. I seen the pic of those poor babies at the crime sceane and morgue, That was so heart breaking. This allowing the boys to be dug up and there hands cut off is so terrible. These people are so cold. Those babies went through so much and then do that. : When is Darlie suppose to be executed???

There are no basements in Texas homes. The screen that was cut to fake the break in was in the garage, but there's no way an intruder came in or went out that way. Moreover, Darlie's "surgery" was not what you think it was. It was mostly to clean the wound. Her doctors said her life was never in danger and he would have released her from the hospital that very day had the circumstances been different. The doctor was concerned about how she would react emotionally due to the deaths of the boys and about the media attention. The cut "to the bone" you're talking about is on her forearm and since that's one of the least fleshy areas of the body, it didn't take much to penetrate the fraction of skin there.

I think you'll find that most people believe Darin knows way more than he's saying. Whether that means he was involved in the murder or the cover up or is concerned that other misdeeds will come to light is anyone's guess.

The bottom line for Darlie is that nothing she says now will help her in the least.

She doesn't have an execution date set yet.

In reference to the 911 call... Does anyone else hear slapping or hitting in the background? Like maybe she is trying to bruise herself intentional. Or maybe she is smacking the backs of the boys trying to rouse them to stay alive. I dunno.

Another thing why did they only try her for the death of one son and not the other? Also, they keep stating that in forums I have read about only one son was dead. I don't get it. What am I missing?

Thanks,

Sue

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast