Death photos

beesy

myspace.com/beesy_boo
Reaction score
Is it just me or do others consider having the very close up pix of Devon at the crime scene and Damon at the morgue disrespectful? Even the poorly written and edited book, MTJD, put black bars over the boys' eyes. On her site you see everything in very clear color. www.justicefordarlie.net How can she stand to have those pix posted like that by her supporters
Do they think those pix would help her case?

beesy said:
How can she stand to have those pix posted like that by her supporters

I think they believed it would help her case, Beesy, but from what I've seen and heard, it backfired on them big time. Darlie's website is operating from the premise that an intruder did it...in that scenario, they probably thought the photos would inflame the public enough to want to get the "real killer". How could someone do that to those poor boys???

Darlie/Darin/ family/supporters underestimated people's intelligence from day one, and eight years later, they still don't get it. The only thing those photos do is inflame people's hatred of what Darlie did to her little boys.

Ya know which one really gets to me? The photo of Damon (gallery 5) with his face pressed into the gurney. My first reaction was, "Somebody, quick, turn him over so he can breathe..." Then I realized that I didn't have to worry. Darlie made sure her son would never breathe again.

beesy said:
Is it just me or do others consider having the very close up pix of Devon at the crime scene and Damon at the morgue disrespectful? Even the poorly written and edited book, MTJD, put black bars over the boys' eyes. On her site you see everything in very clear color. www.justicefordarlie.net How can she stand to have those pix posted like that by her supporters
I don't think Darlie's family has anything to do with the justicefordarlie website. Her family operates the other one, which is .org.

Goody said:
I don't think Darlie's family has anything to do with the justicefordarlie website. Her family operates the other one, which is .org.
I said her supporters, not her family, and I am sure if Darlie made it known to them she didn't want those horrid pix shown, they'd take them off. Since they believe in her so much, they'd listen to her. It all lands on her doorstep

Mary456 said:
Ya know which one really gets to me? The photo of Damon (gallery 5) with his face pressed into the gurney. My first reaction was, "Somebody, quick, turn him over so he can breathe..." Then I realized that I didn't have to worry. Darlie made sure her son would never breathe again.
I hate that one too. When I 1st saw the crime scene pic of Devon, I thought that he didn't really look like he was in a natural sleeping position. Then, later when I checked on my 8 yr old son, he was in the same position! Freaked me out! I moved him

I don't think they care. You're talking about people who allowed two dead children to be dug up and their hands removed. Not big on compassion if you ask me.

beesy said:
I said her supporters, not her family,

That you did.

beesy said:
and I am sure if Darlie made it known to them she didn't want those horrid pix shown, they'd take them off. Since they believe in her so much, they'd listen to her. It all lands on her doorstep
I am not sure that is true. Some of her supporters are like a fan club, I guess, but there are people against the death penalty who are activists and others who probably have their own agendas posing as her supporters as well. The woman who runs the justicefordarlie site is not someone I know personally, but she's been around for a long time. I believe she used to host Darlie's website for her and her family. When the family took it over, she started this one. I am not sure a phone call from Darlie would make her jump, but maybe. As I said I have no personal knowledge. My experience with people though tells me that any high profile case cannot be controlled by any one person or group.

I know a lot of people are bothered by the photos but I am not sure the case could be investigated so thoroughly by websleuths without them. Not that that changes anything in her defense, but it gives me a little bias on the subject.

I can't say that I would post a photo of my child like that on the internet or approve of anyone who did, but I've never been on death row. If my very life depended on it, I might be convinced that it was necessary.

On the other hand, since I believe her to be guilty, I concede that the only right thing for her to have done was to confess. That does make the open publication of the photos an atrocity.

I guess that means I agree with you. Sorry it took me so long to get here. ;)

Jeana (DP) said:
I don't think they care. You're talking about people who allowed two dead children to be dug up and their hands removed. Not big on compassion if you ask me.
I want to ask why you object so much to this, and then I remember that she is guilty and I realize that she could have stopped it all simply by confessing and doing right by the dead children. The fact that neither one of them stopped the maddness at that point says a lot about both of them.

Goody said:
I want to ask why you object so much to this, and then I remember that she is guilty and I realize that she could have stopped it all simply by confessing and doing right by the dead children. The fact that neither one of them stopped the maddness at that point says a lot about both of them.

That's it exactly. She's still doing it too.

I have a friend who lives a couple blocks from the murder house. It bothers me just knowing I am going near her home every time I visit that friend. In fact, I try to get her to come to my house so I don't have to deal with it. I once tried to tell this friend how I feel but she must think she is stuck there or something, so she feels she won't let Darlie's crime dictate her neighborhood. I think that is easier said than done!

Jeana (DP) said:
I knew they dug them up, but they cut off their hands?!!!!:furious:

Cowgirl said:
I have a friend who lives a couple blocks from the murder house. It bothers me just knowing I am going near her home every time I visit that friend. In fact, I try to get her to come to my house so I don't have to deal with it. I once tried to tell this friend how I feel but she must think she is stuck there or something, so she feels she won't let Darlie's crime dictate her neighborhood. I think that is easier said than done!
Is anybody living there now?

[
QUOTE=Mary456]I think they believed it would help her case, Beesy, but from what I've seen and heard, it backfired on them big time. Darlie's website is operating from the premise that an intruder did it...in that scenario, they probably thought the photos would inflame the public enough to want to get the "real killer". How could someone do that to those poor boys???
Darlie/Darin/ family/supporters underestimated people's intelligence from day one, and eight years later, they still don't get it. The only thing those photos do is inflame people's hatred of what Darlie did to her little boys.
In MTJD Chris often shows 2 different pix of the same area. He says things like "where'd the pillow go"? The LE in any case lifts up items to see what's UNDER the item, pillow, plant etc. Often, the perp will "hide" something under an item. That's why the police took pix of the things in place as they found them and then another pic of the item removed! There is no conspiracy! The crime scene was controlled as much as possible. The cops and paramedics are only human and if they kicked some glass out of the way or tracked in some dirt, these small mistakes do not make Darlie innocent. All she has is every "innocent" killer's in prison excuse, "shoddy police work".

beesy said:
I knew they dug them up, but they cut off their hands?!!!!:furious:

Yes. In order to rehydrate the digits to get the fingerprints, the hands had to be removed. The family doing this, knowing that she's guilty, pisses me off to no end.

Jeana (DP) said:
Yes. In order to rehydrate the digits to get the fingerprints, the hands had to be removed. The family doing this, knowing that she's guilty, pisses me off to no end.
Oh God, that is a detail of this case I could have gone without knowing. That is nearly worse than murdering them, to me at least. She couldn't even let them rest in that world either. That made me cry, so far nothing else has!

Cowgirl said:
Does your friend know Mercedes? She still lives there, I think.

No, she says she doesn't know anyone over there. She says she avoids looking at the house too, but does not know if anyone is living there now.

The next time I go to her house, I will take a look, since I am now curious. Imagine how her next door neighbors must feel. I would sell my house if I lived next door, but then, it is such a well known murder that it might be hard to sell your house there.

Mary456 said:
they probably thought the photos would inflame the public enough to want to get the "real killer". How could someone do that to those poor boys???
I had a thought in the middle of the night! In our fave book, Chris mentions that the kitchen was too dark for an intruder to see her jewelry. How did he find the knives?

beesy said:
I had a thought in the middle of the night! In our fave book, Chris mentions that the kitchen was too dark for an intruder to see her jewelry. How did he find the knives?

O.K I don,t post much but I do love websleuths and have posted off and on. Never about this case.But at the risk of being told off , I have always wondered If the husband had hired someone to kill his wife, but she did not die. Yes she had to have surgery and she looked really bad In other words she could not have done that to herself by herself. What if the husband had hired someone to come in and kill his wife, maybe the two kids as well. The kids usually did not sleep down in the family room so really they should of been in there own bedrooms. But Darlie she had been sleeping on the couch for a few weeks, so he would know that. But that night two kids and darlie were all there togeather asleep. Maybe darlie was the one to be killed, kids woke up and they were killed. what is husband suppose to do then?? I would say stand behind Darlie and hope she takes the fall. What was done to those two kids was just awful and who killed them should get death, but I just feel the husband is the one that should be behind those bars. Am I alone in this way of thinking and if so why is it one would think husband was not behind this whole thing.??????Gosh I love websleuths. :)

speedlimitmama said:
O.K I don,t post much but I do love websleuths and have posted off and on. Never about this case.But at the risk of being told off , I have always wondered If the husband had hired someone to kill his wife, but she did not die. Yes she had to have surgery and she looked really bad In other words she could not have done that to herself by herself. What if the husband had hired someone to come in and kill his wife, maybe the two kids as well. The kids usually did not sleep down in the family room so really they should of been in there own bedrooms. But Darlie she had been sleeping on the couch for a few weeks, so he would know that. But that night two kids and darlie were all there togeather asleep. Maybe darlie was the one to be killed, kids woke up and they were killed. what is husband suppose to do then?? I would say stand behind Darlie and hope she takes the fall. What was done to those two kids was just awful and who killed them should get death, but I just feel the husband is the one that should be behind those bars. Am I alone in this way of thinking and if so why is it one would think husband was not behind this whole thing.??????Gosh I love websleuths. :)
Darin was involved somehow, but I think we've pretty much decided he didn't hire anyone to break in to kill or steal things. It's more likely he's helped with the coverup, knows Darlie did it, which makes him a monster as far as I'm concerned. Darlie had been sleeping downstairs about 5 days, not weeks. The problem with the idea of Darin hiring the killer is that there was no intruder, therefore nobody to hire. Darlie is his Trophy Wife. He's never said 1 little teeny negative thing about her publically. He's blinded by her.
As much as we all want to think Darlie didn't do this, the evidence says she did.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back