Severe sexual harassment, school does nothing...

Linda7NJ

Reaction score
Williamstown Middle School student faced severe sexual harassment, school did nothing, lawsuit claims
The parent of a former Williamstown Middle School student is suing the school district, claiming teachers and administrators did nothing to stop "severe and pervasive" sexual harassment that started in 6th grade, lasted until 7th and eventually forced the female student to leave school entir...
Read More...

http://www.nj.com/gloucester-county...e_sexual_harassment_and_school_did_nothi.html

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good for these girl's parents for standing with her and supporting her AND bringing legal action against the school. I hope they win and, I'm sorry to say, but perhaps it's time to have cameras monitoring classrooms to at least help avoid the "he said/she said" scenarios. These educators also need to get educated!

JMO ~

I can not even begin to understand how this level of abuse was allowed to go on so long!!!
I'm stunned!

Its like a nightmare, twilight zone story in that it went on as long as they claim it did, and no one in a position of authority stepped up to stop it.

After reading this article and others like it I can't help but wonder if school administrators were afraid of the kids. Or in some cases want to be buddies with the kids. What other explanation can there be for not taking action? At approx 12yrs old the male student has been emboldened, tell me no I'll ruin your life. His future screams trouble. Jmo

ciao

This one hits close to home for me. I used to live in that district and they were known for having pretty good schools. A few years ago...it was a Blue Ribbon School.

I would have removed my child after the first couple of times I realized the school would do nothing. What were the parents waiting for? Damages to get higher? Please. Kids do better when they handle it anyway. A punch in the face, knee to the groin, one time, will raise the bullied kid's confidence and stop the bullying. Bullies only pick on people they are pretty sure won't fight back.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Countrygirlwv
Back