VA dad stakes claim in Africa so 7 yr old daughter can be a real princess

zwiebel

Reaction score
A VA dad has travelled all the way to Africa to stake a claim on a 'Kingdom' so his seven year old daughter can be the princess she dreams of.

' “As a parent you sometimes go down paths you never thought you would,” (Jeremiah Heaton) said.

Within months, Mr Heaton had travelled to an unclaimed 800-square-mile patch of arid desert between Egypt and Sudan. There, on 16 June — Emily’s seventh birthday — he planted a blue flag with four stars and a crown on a rocky hill. '

The newspaper even called up the Egyptian and Sudanese embassies for comment! (they declined to give one)

Despite the fact his kingdom will have to be recognized by the United Nations to be official, Heaton is already planning the agricultural center he intends to build there.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...s-daughter-can-become-a-princess-9605410.html

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 100
Sounds like something my bipolar ex-husband would do! Never mind the monthly bills, work, and daily care and raising of the children, I am flying to Africa to stake a claim!

He is asking for permission from Egypt and Sudan and the flag is blue???

Okay then. Guess it is time to bring the kiddies to his new land. I trust he won't rely on foreign governments for security.

I didn't like to say when I ran this story because it involves a child who cannot possibly be aware of the possible implications...but it made me very uneasy. Buying up bits of Africa for personal exploitation reeks of colonialism to me and is definitely not suitable for a tiny, would-be princess.

Myself, I'd pay for a really good education, wait until she's an adult with a really, really, well paid job....then direct her to Europe if she still wants to be a real princess or whatever, where there are plenty of titles with their crumbling castles and mansions to revive, if only a person has the cash and the sheer determination. And maybe the foolishness...:)

If she uses a big head (-and brain?) in a good way, that's fine by me. I think there's a good chance she could, though I don't know if dad will approve.....:)

Imagine if she grew up to found Ebola clinics in Africa. She wouldn't be a princess then, she'd be a queen. What an honor that would be for the family.

I have heard of living vicariously through one's offspring but this is a bit ridiculous...

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back