General Discussions #6

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm.. well, it seems that maybe we need to "follow the money".

If someone is unemployed, has unpaid tax bills, is facing felony embezzlement charges and attorney fees, and is paying a different attorney to represent him for the murder of his wife - for which he has not been charged - all this costs money..

where is he getting his money?

So, instead of "Show me the Money!" the title of that page should have been "Show me the Lines of Credit!"

golfmom said:
So, instead of "Show me the Money!" the title of that page should have been "Show me the Lines of Credit!"
Maybe, but most creditors would be VERY reluctant to continue to provide credit to someone with less than perfect credit.

So, it goes back to, how is he paying for all this?

I am thinking trust fund.

We need to make sure people (media) know to look into that when they are pursuing this story.

I vote we start a thread on this topic rather than continuing it in our General Discussion thread.

Nemmer said:
What about life insurance?
Hi Nemmer,

That is a very good question. Is there any way we can find out if life insurance is playing in to this?

golfmom said:
I vote we start a thread on this topic rather than continuing it in our General Discussion thread.
I agree

Moxie said:
We need to make sure people (media) know to look into that when they are pursuing this story.
They may not pick up the story right away. There is currently an 11 year old missing from scout camp that is the lead story on every station.

Moxie said:

Let's move the financial discussions / motivations to the insanity thread. That way PFM won't yell at us and we can keep the forum tidy!

newkid said:
They may not pick up the story right away. There is currently an 11 year old missing from scout camp that is the lead story on every station.
Okay - we need to make sure that little boy is found safely and then we will drum up the media in UT.

..interesting article march 1996...
http://www.sltrib.com/search

School Notes
[font=Arial,Helvetica][size=-1]Date: March 25, 1996 [/size][/font]
[size=-1]
-- Four Alta High students have been chosen to attend ``Operation Enterprise,'' a national 10-day program offering high school and college students business-world experience with top executives. They are: Raven Abaroa, Enrique Ferrini, Chris Stowell and Treg Wilder, who will attend the program sponsored by Junior Achievement and the American Management Association.

[/size]
[size=-1]Author: The Salt Lake Tribune [/size]

there's a new poster named Jack ... if you're reading this thread Jack, any information you have about Janet would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for joining in on the conversation. We're seeking justice for Janet.

...maybe a little O/T but..........this guy went on trial yesterday in NC...

http://www.wral.com/news/4627427/detail.html

WAYNE COUNTY, N.C. -- The second murder trial of a Wayne County man accused of raping and killing a 5-year-old girl began Monday.

Eric Lane

Opening statements began in the case of Eric Lane, who is charged with first-degree murder, first-degree kidnapping and a first-degree sex offense in the death of Precious Whitfield, whose body was found in a creek in 2002.

............that trial, (along with the post today by ewws....) , that there were 3 murders in the last week alone ! in durham ..........

http://www.wral.com/news/4625484/detail.html
UPDATED: 12:48 pm EDT June 19, 2005

DURHAM, N.C. -- On Friday, the Durham Police Department reported that the number of crimes in the city was at a four-year low.
But on Saturday, the department was investigating its third murder this week.

.......i realize that those cases deserve attention....and that durham has a limited number of LE as well as media coverage ..but at the same time...

......it's now been 8 weeks ! since janet was found dead.............
http://web.archive.org/web/20010828024037/ravenstree.com/images/Wedding/004.jpg

...how can LE say it was a "not random" murder.....leave it at that ...........never step back up to the mike with an update............. and expect we'll forget ?

...it's not fair, especially to jant.........and i'n back to the "media blitz" asking why ?

lauriej said:
............that trial, (along with the post today by ewws....) , that there were 3 murders in the last week alone ! in durham ..........
Unfortunately that is not so shocking for Durham.:(

Does anybody feel it would help to write/email the DA's office on this? How close do the DA's office work with LE on an ongoing investigation? Could LE just put something like this on the back burner and the DA wouldn't get involved until LE decided they had a suspect?

ewwwinteresting said:
Does anybody feel it would help to write/email the DA's office on this? How close do the DA's office work with LE on an ongoing investigation? Could LE just put something like this on the back burner and the DA wouldn't get involved until LE decided they had a suspect?
Or LE could have taken it to the DA, and the DA said..."thats not enough, we need more". DA isnt gonna charge anyone until they feel they have a solid case.

ewwwinteresting said:

Maybe I'm in the minority, but, I'm of the opinion that it never hurts to write, call, contact, ANYONE...that could potentially impact any aspect of this case.

Mike Nifong
Durham County District Attorney
Durham County Courthouse
201 E. Main Street
Durham, NC 27701

Office Phone: 919-564-7100
Office Fax: 919-560-3220

I posted this in another thread, but I'll include it here as well. Raven's blog is still up. It's the one thing he didn't delete... http://ravenstree.blogspot.com/

Thinking that he may possibly be paying attention to his online ramblings and the comments posted by others, I took the liberty of sending him a message. Perhaps others from this forum could go there as well and drop him a line?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie