CA - Agustin Villegas, 32, fatally shot on 91 Freeway, Anaheim, 14 July 2014

kimi_SFC

Reaction score
Received a text alert:

KFIAM640: Shooting closes westbound 91 freeway at 57. www.kfiam640.com

This is also being broadcast live on KCAL-9 according to my family members in the OC :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The embedded video report was updated for this morning's news. This occurred in Anaheim, and there are two surviving witnesses, both teenagers (although for their safety, I'm concerned that the media reported this. Then again, perhaps this is a tactic to scare the perps? Either way, they are in grave danger IMO).

LE is out combing the freeway in search of ballistics evidence. I hope they find it. That is an extremely busy stretch of freeway, yet no witnesses have come forward yet. I hope this changes soon.

The man killed was a mechanic, sole provider to his family, and had no criminal ties :tears:

(snip)

Anyone with information is asked to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.

Oh, dear. :(

http://ktla.com/2014/07/15/anaheim-...uck-on-91-freeway-in-front-of-son-victim-idd/

<snipped>
Police were asking for the public&#8217;s help on Tuesday in finding whoever was responsible for opening fire on a family of four inside a vehicle on the 91 Freeway in Anaheim the previous night, killing a father and leaving one other man wounded.

His son was in the truck ... one of the witnesses. I also hope the perps are arrested soon since they have released name of the victim.

The embedded video report was updated for this morning's news. This occurred in Anaheim, and there are two surviving witnesses, both teenagers (although for their safety, I'm concerned that the media reported this. Then again, perhaps this is a tactic to scare the perps? Either way, they are in grave danger IMO).

LE is out combing the freeway in search of ballistics evidence. I hope they find it. That is an extremely busy stretch of freeway, yet no witnesses have come forward yet. I hope this changes soon.

The man killed was a mechanic, sole provider to his family, and had no criminal ties :tears:

(snip)

Anyone with information is asked to call Orange County Crime Stoppers at (855) TIP-OCCS.

BBM in blue

Very sad and tragic. His family are in my thoughts and prayers.

:cry:

OMG, I was just on this freeway today coming home from Seal Beach.
Had no idea this went on last night.
Poor family!!!!

http://ktla.com/2014/08/20/suspect-...-freeway-drive-by-shooting-pleads-not-guilty/

David Arzate Cabrera pleaded not guilty to murder and other charges related to the July 14 shooting on the 91 Freeway.

“Cabrera is a Mexican national citizen. He is a stated high-level drug dealer. A known cartel-related lawyer called a sheriff’s narcotics investigator inquiring about bonding out Cabrera,” read the document requesting Cabrera be held without bail.

Cabrera, 45, was driving next to a pickup truck on the 91 Freeway when he allegedly shot at the passenger side window, striking 32-year-old Agustin Villegas in the head...

Cabrera, whom police said had no known ties to Villegas, fled the scene in his vehicle after the shooting and was arrested more than two weeks later. Cabrera allegedly had $15,000 hidden in an electronically controlled compartment in his car, according to the court document, which also stated that Cabrera likely had access to “large amounts of resources.”

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GravityHurts
Back