Interview(s) from TM - the mistress

Gerard Baden-Clay’s former mistress paid six-figure sum for 60 Minutes interview

July 17, 2014 12:00AM

TONI McHugh has returned to the real estate industry under a new name and is rumoured to have accepted a six-figure sum for a tell-all television interview.

The woman who was Gerard Baden-Clay’s mistress for more than three years is trying to move on with her life as rumours abound she was paid up to $200,000 for an exclusive interview with 60 Minutes.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/...inutes-interview/story-fnihsrf2-1226991485168

It's not being televised til Sunday evening, Kimster, but I imagine it may be available to watch online after that. I'm not too sure if that show puts their stuff online, but things often make their way to YouTube etc. Stay tuned!

Will you give airtime to Gerard Baden-Clay’s mistress or his dead wife?

AUSTRALIA, now it’s your chance to deliver a verdict — of sorts — in the betrayal of Brisbane wife and mother Allison Baden-Clay.
While her killer husband Gerard spends his first weekend behind bars as a guilty man, TV viewers have the choice to pass judgment on one of the other women in Baden-Clay’s life: his mistress Toni McHugh.
With rumours swirling that McHugh has been paid up to $250,000 for her 60 Minutes confessional, it’s worth remembering the Queensland Supreme Court heard this same woman was reluctant to show compassion when, shortly after the mother of three was reported missing and at least thought to have run away, she said: ‘I won’t be made to feel guilty.’

http://www.news.com.au/national/will-you-give-airtime-to-gerard-badenclays-mistress-or-his-dead-wife/story-fncynjr2-1226991542322

I'm not sure yet if I'll watch it. :dunno: As TM herself said, 'if it wasn't her, it would have been another woman', so she obviously realizes she's been had and it wasn't what she thought, a relationship. The lies GBC told her isn't a fair representation of Allison's marriage or life. TM was just an instrument for GBC to spruce up his sex god image in his faulty mind. He is sad and pathetic, jmho.

I'm looking forward to seeing/hearing TM for myself.

Just based on how i felt after being married to a narcissist <unique person> - eg., severely doubting my ability to judge people's motives or just what makes them tick - i would say this experience could have left her with not just feeling guilty or responsible (which we could debate all day), but really doubting her own judgment. Yes she was the "other woman" which I don't support and you could say shows that she has poor judgment, but the fact remains that there are many women (and men) who mess around with not the ideal person yet it is not such a massive error in judgment that the story ends in murder. Just saying this because I know that after I realized what my ex and The Fam were (narcissist is the nicest, cleanest way to put it) it rocked my confidence in my ability to make personal decisions about who to trust or not...not just confidence but I felt like up was down and black was white.

Bit disappointed in 60mins bringing up the "right to silence" googling and then not at least mentioning the GBC justification. They should have just left that out as it makes you question the rest of their reporting.

They were really very kind to TMcH - which is not the MO for 60 Minutes. Which makes me think there is still a lot more not in the public domain to warrant their sympathy.

I've been pondering the level of interest in the case - and think that as a community we find it incomprehensible that with the weight of evidence against him, he can look an entire nation in the eye and say "I didn't do it". The mind boggles.

TMcH has got a long road of therapy ahead of her. I am not convinced that she is truly self aware. She may never be able to get to the heart of what's gone on, her decisions, her actions but at least its a path she is now being forced to walk.

I would always question the validity of 60 minutes reporting, so many of their interviews have been staged to look a certain way so we can probably be certain this one was as well.

Ford told 3AW Breakfast he couldn't help but wonder why Toni McHugh opened up publicly about her affair.

&#8220;You can&#8217;t help but think why are you doing this? Why are you putting yourself out there when there are clearly still people who are hurting terribly?&#8221; he said.

&#8220;But she&#8217;s got to work to her own agenda.&#8221;

http://www.3aw.com.au/blogs/3aw-bre...to-work-to-her-own-agenda/20140721-3c9yj.html

Much as I do believe it is wrong for TM to profit in ANY way from this whole situation, I confess I do get a weird pleasure out of knowing how infuriated that GBC would be in his prison cell, knowing that she had been paid big bucks for a tell-all, when he ended up with zilch.

I watched the 60 minutes thing when it was uploaded last night.
You really do have to feel sorry for TM in my opinion.
She was sucked in by the same BS that Allison was.
You can't really take Allison's side and think TM was evil as they were both victims of this manipulative person.
If Allison was alive and you heard the stories, you would be hoping for compensation for her as well.

It was good of 60 minutes to start an appeal for the daughters, but if they had morals they would donate either the same money they paid TM, or even the money they were going to pay GBC for an interview into the appeal.
I mean if he was found not guilty, they would have paid GBC and TM for an interview. There is no real difference except Ch9 is now getting a $600k discount cause they don't have to pay the murderer for his side anymore.

You can't really take Allison's side and think TM was evil as they were both victims of this manipulative person.
If Allison was alive and you heard the stories, you would be hoping for compensation for her as well.

It was good of 60 minutes to start an appeal for the daughters, but if they had morals they would donate either the same money they paid TM, or even the money they were going to pay GBC for an interview into the appeal.
I mean if he was found not guilty, they would have paid GBC and TM for an interview. There is no real difference except Ch9 is now getting a $600k discount cause they don't have to pay the murderer for his side anymore.

I just watched the 60 minutes TMcH interview plus extra part. No, I don't feel sorry for Toni after seeing the interview though I think i did a little bit before seeing this. I didn't feel or see remorse, shame, responsibility or apology. She was so guarded and considered in her answers and so protected by the interviewer. She made no acknowledgement of how Allison's daughters have been affected and how Allison's family and friends must feel, their grief, their pain when they think of GBC shunning Allison because of her. I expected her to say - "Yes, I had a long affair with this man, behind his wife's back. I really wish I hadn't. I wish I had respected Allison enough and myself enough to say, I have feelings for you but I won't be with you while you are in a marriage and living with your wife. You should make a decision about your marriage and if you leave we could start to see each other." She wasn't fed the same BS as Allison. Allison was on the outside, kept in the dark. Toni was on the inside, a confidant. I think Toni had a choice to participate in what was going on, Allison did not.
I feel Toni should be ashamed that she did not take this opportunity to show she had learned something and would not do the same again. She didn't and I don't think she feels she did anything wrong. She resisted being called the mistress or the relationship being called an affair. She seemed most upset about the impact on her life.
I know it was a big price to pay for having an affair with a married man but after the interview I'm amazed that even the consequences haven't helped her to see the light!

No, we really don't have to. Feel sorry for her for what, exactly? She didn't lose a family member. She can easily move on and forget about it. And she's made a profit. Feel sorry because her affair with another woman's husband ended? Oh, poor thing. She's making her own bed by putting her face on national TV. For money. No sympathy from me.

She was so careful and considered in that interview. Always making sure she made herself look good. I had to eyeroll a bit with the "our affair was different" and "i don't think pressuring him made him kill his wife straight after". But then i wouldn't be able to live with myself if i thought i'd contributed to a death so I'd be in denial. In the post verdict #2 thread it was suggested that you watch the interview again and study her body language and head nodding etc it can be quite enlightening.

I really hope the money was worth it. She could have quietly disappeared and put it behind her but she's put herself out for ridicule all over again, and now we all know what she looks like and that she has a new name and lives near a beach. I really don't understand how she could have just exposed herself again like that.

TM has put her face out there for everyone to see, I know her face was out there before but now she has agreed to put it out there and it's in places it never was before.

Myself I don't think I would have done what she did, I had something happen to me once and how I resolved it wasn't the best for me, but it was the best for my kids and I have no regrets because my kids where not dragged though a lot of crap, which had zero to do with them, like TM's poor kids.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ignoreme123
Back