Who is GBC? An armchair psych discussion

Kimster

Former Member
Reaction score
Website
www.ufo2001.com
Discuss what makes GBC tick. From his testimony and interviews, are there certain personality traits that we can speculate about him? Do these components lead to murder? Was it the pressure of love and money?

Links required if you're stating a fact about a personality trait, but this is mostly a speculation thread.

It seems to me if GBC had of put as much effort into his business as he did in finding a sexual partner, he would have been a multimillionaire!

It seems to me if GBC had of put as much effort into his business as he did in finding a sexual partner, he would have been a multimillionaire!

Here Here...Noone can dispute this comment I think.....Hugs xx

I'm discovering that extramarital affairs combined with money problems are common components to husbands who kill their wives. This isn't anything I can give you as a fact, it's just from my own observances from following cases on WS and on TV documentaries. I'd love to know if any statistics have been done on this?

Exerts from http://paularenee.wordpress.com/identifying-a-narcissistic-sociopath/

9. Parasitic lifestyle. An intentional, manipulative, selfish, and exploitative financial dependence on others as reflected in a lack of motivation, low self-discipline, and inability to begin or complete responsibilities.

15. Irresponsibility. Repeated failure to fulfill or honor obligations and commitments; such as not paying bills, defaulting on loans, performing sloppy work, being absent or late to work, failing to honor contractual agreements.

I don't believe GBC had ASPD .. he just doesn't show the early signs, and isn't psychopathic enough. He's just a selfish ***** who killed his wife, mostly because he'd degraded her for so long she had no meaning or value any more. He stayed married for selfish financial and social respectability reasons .. I'm embarrassed for him in his need to appear to have it all while having nothing and no abilities, I guess he just couldn't live up to his own legend.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

- Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
- Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
- Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
- Requires excessive admiration
- Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
- Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
- Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
- Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
- Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms/

It's my personal belief a higher than average proportion of wife murderers have NPD (there's a higher representation in prison, than the general population, regardless of crime).

JMO

Intimate partner homicide in Australia

In 2013, the National Homicide Monitoring program released data that showed that 36% (or 185) of all homicides in Australia between 2008 and 2010 were domestic-related.

Of those, 66% (122) were classified as being committed by an intimate partner. However, there has been a 16% decrease in domestic homicides since 2007-08. Unsurprisingly, 143 domestic homicides took place in a residential setting, most often the victim’s home.

The most common causes of death in domestic homicides were stab wounds (43%), beatings (36%), gunshot wounds (10%) and strangulation (9%). Of interest are the motives present in domestic homicides. In 49% of domestic homicides a domestic argument was the apparent motive. Other motives, to a far lesser extent, are jealousy (2%), money (1%) and termination of the relationship (5%).

http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/...te-partner-homicide-media-and-baden-clay-case

You know what .. I automatically reject NPD because it's so overused, but in this case yes, you may be right.

I bet reality is really sinking in for him this morning. Not surprised to see more news about him coming out.

I can't recall who said it where but there was some mention of a dark side to narcissists...which made me laugh in kind of a bitter way because - having once been married to a narcissist (and into his self-worshipping family, oh god! :banghead: ) and now working with one- i think the real newsworthy thing would be if one could find a non-dark side to them. :stormingmad: jmo, of course.

I think GBC is a product of his upbringing. His parents were proud of his achievements to such an extent that if he wasn't achieving he had formed an ability to appear as if he was. This keeping up appearances became progressively hard as his hold on reality and truth became so wide apart. The fact that his father very quickly moved in with advice about ringing a lawyer tells me that he was concerned that the marks on Gerards face WERE looking suspicious. While the family couldn't bring themselves to accept that something was very wrong with this situation and Gerard was implicated they set about to loyaly protect him from the consequences of his actions.

I can't recall who said it where but there was some mention of a dark side to narcissists...which made me laugh in kind of a bitter way because - having once been married to a narcissist (and into his self-worshipping family, oh god! :banghead: ) and now working with one- i think the real newsworthy thing would be if one could find a non-dark side to them. :stormingmad: jmo, of course.

Spot on, once their mask drops you see the monster lurking behind and they all (N & S's) wear masks in the beginning.

Symptoms of Narcissistic Personality Disorder

- Has a grandiose sense of self-importance (e.g., exaggerates achievements and talents, expects to be recognized as superior without commensurate achievements)
- Is preoccupied with fantasies of unlimited success, power, brilliance, beauty, or ideal love
- Believes that he or she is “special” and unique and can only be understood by, or should associate with, other special or high-status people (or institutions)
- Requires excessive admiration
- Has a very strong sense of entitlement, e.g., unreasonable expectations of especially favorable treatment or automatic compliance with his or her expectations
- Is exploitative of others, e.g., takes advantage of others to achieve his or her own ends
- Lacks empathy, e.g., is unwilling to recognize or identify with the feelings and needs of others
- Is often envious of others or believes that others are envious of him or her
- Regularly shows arrogant, haughty behaviors or attitudes

http://psychcentral.com/disorders/narcissistic-personality-disorder-symptoms/

It's my personal belief a higher than average proportion of wife murderers have NPD (there's a higher representation in prison, than the general population, regardless of crime).

JMO

Not to mention, to diagnose NPD a person needs to have just/at least five of those traits.

Pic of the day goes to www.theaustralian.com.au
azahysap.jpg

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni