1273 users online (241 members and 1032 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

I've started this thread so we have somewhere to discuss what will and has happened as a consequence of Gerard being found guilty.
    Here's the first one I found which I am sure Olivia didn't realise might happen:

Miss Marple on July 15, 2014 at 8:36 pm said:
    Seems like Olivia has been wiped off the board on the Northreach Church website.. .. also, ominously, the church has posted its accounts balance thingy, $4,000.oo a week in the red… hope the Pastor hasn’t got a big insurance on his life.. all efficiently done a long time ago by Nige…. look out, Ian..
    This comes from the Aussie Criminals website thread Now that the Verdict is In.http://aussiecriminals.com.au/2014/0...verdict-is-in/

So now the consequences are coming very close to home for Gerard's family.

Post trial discussion - what happened during the trial?

This thread is where members can discuss the trial. What happened?

For those who thought GBC was going to get a not guilty verdict - why did you think that and are you relieved you were wrong?

Who had the most damning evidence? What about GBC on the stand - was anything he said believable?

THIS IS NOT A CHIT CHAT THREAD! Do not bash the players or use any name calling. If you want to visit with your friends about things that don't have to do with Allison's murder, you can do that here ------>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...chill-out-zone

Stay ON TOPIC or your posts will be removed without explanation. Complaints about moderation will earn you a time out.

Thanks Kimster!!

I am catching up on media last night, found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJwQ6cSTS0Q looking for the rest .. interesting to see all the articles in media today
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    I am catching up on media last night, found this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJwQ6cSTS0Q looking for the rest .. interesting to see all the articles in media today
    I am suddenly a BIG fan of the media!!!

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...1226990215616#

What do you all think about this? Does it mean that GBC was prepared to accept he was responsible for Allison's death? I don't think that he was, for what it's worth, but I'm kinda surprised they went down this track. I would have thought it was better for the defence to force the prosecution to prove intention to kill.

Family and friends of Allison Baden Clay joined police at Brisbane bar called The Guilty Rogue - down the road from the courthouse - to watch the news, including Geoff Dickie on right who is comforted by a friend

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz37avCFYrA

Good on them.

I sure am glad we had a guilty verdict. I don't think I could have watched Allison's loved ones' pain if GBC would have gotten off scott free.

I just wanted to say - as a silent observer of this case and the subsequent trial - a HUGE thank you to all the WS members and staff who contributed information, opinions, informed opinions, and everything else. Well done, guys.

I would have been all over this, but held the opinion 'hubby did it' so strongly from day #1 that I felt it was too likely for me to end with a time out sooner or later, ha. And you guys had it all covered anyway. But I *was* reading along, and am VERY glad there's been a conviction (and that I was RIGHT, that's always a nice bonus very much on the side).

Anyway. Thanks again. Much love to all.

Here is A Current Affair for anyone who missed it:

http://aca.ninemsn.com.au/article/88...d-the-mistress

The police saw through him straight away.

I know this is an awful question - and my apologies if it's been discussed and I missed it - but I was just watching the ACA footage of the blood in the back of the car.....

And if he smothered Allison (as was implied in court), what is all of the blood from? Just trying to make sense of it all.......

Quote Originally Posted by Isisrising View Post
    I know this is an awful question - and my apologies if it's been discussed and I missed it - but I was just watching the ACA footage of the blood in the back of the car.....

And if he smothered Allison (as was implied in court), what is all of the blood from? Just trying to make sense of it all.......
    I've been wondering that too. If he smothered her in the house and then dragged her out to the car, it's possible she may have bumped her head a few times. I'm not a doctor so I'm not sure if someone who had died would bleed enough in these circumstances for their blood to be over the car. Or perhaps the injury was sustained before he killed her. There were some parts of Allison's body that were different to the others after decomposition (sorry), and the coroner IIRC said they could possibly be pre-mortem injuries, but he couldn't say for sure.

Very very very good news to come home to. I've been out of reception for the past couple of days in a rainforest retreat, so have only just got the chance to catch up. I'm overjoyed that GBC was found guilty, I just wasn't sure if the jury would choose that verdict or not. Nothing can bring Allison back, but I feel that justice has been served. This POS can rot in jail, his children are better off with Allison's parents than the coward who took their mother away from them.

My thoughts are with all effected by this tragedy. Hopefully now they can start finding some closure.
    Hope is the thing with feathers that perches in the soul - and sings the tunes without the words - and never stops at all.
    Emily Dickinson

Quote Originally Posted by Isisrising View Post

From when she broke her tooth I'm thinking .. as in it was a violent suffocation, head pushed down into dirt or similar, he sits upon her to compress her chest so she can't breathe, she breaks her tooth and bleeds from the mouth, is thrown unceremoniously into the car, door is closed against head as it rests upon it, and blood trickles from mouth down the door.

That's how I've imagined it anyway.
    You don't get a medal for switching alliances just before the result, as it becomes apparent the other team is set to win.

I hope this is the right place to post this

http://www.newsboost.com/newsroom/wh...eo-anniversary

Page 1 of 70 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast