The aftermath of the verdict *MERGED*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spotted Reptile

Reaction score
I've started this thread so we have somewhere to discuss what will and has happened as a consequence of Gerard being found guilty.
Here's the first one I found which I am sure Olivia didn't realise might happen:

Miss Marple on July 15, 2014 at 8:36 pm said:
Seems like Olivia has been wiped off the board on the Northreach Church website.. .. also, ominously, the church has posted its accounts balance thingy, $4,000.oo a week in the red… hope the Pastor hasn’t got a big insurance on his life.. all efficiently done a long time ago by Nige…. look out, Ian..

This comes from the Aussie Criminals website thread Now that the Verdict is In.http://aussiecriminals.com.au/2014/07/15/now-that-the-verdict-is-in/

So now the consequences are coming very close to home for Gerard's family.:facepalm:

This thread is where members can discuss the trial. What happened?

For those who thought GBC was going to get a not guilty verdict - why did you think that and are you relieved you were wrong?

Who had the most damning evidence? What about GBC on the stand - was anything he said believable?

THIS IS NOT A CHIT CHAT THREAD! Do not bash the players or use any name calling. If you want to visit with your friends about things that don't have to do with Allison's murder, you can do that here ------>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250178-Post-trial-chill-out-zone

Stay ON TOPIC or your posts will be removed without explanation. Complaints about moderation will earn you a time out.

Thanks Kimster!!:seeya:

I sure am glad we had a guilty verdict. I don't think I could have watched Allison's loved ones' pain if GBC would have gotten off scott free.

I just wanted to say - as a silent observer of this case and the subsequent trial - a HUGE thank you to all the WS members and staff who contributed information, opinions, informed opinions, and everything else. Well done, guys.

I would have been all over this, but held the opinion 'hubby did it' so strongly from day #1 that I felt it was too likely for me to end with a time out sooner or later, ha. And you guys had it all covered anyway. But I *was* reading along, and am VERY glad there's been a conviction (and that I was RIGHT, that's always a nice bonus very much on the side).

Anyway. Thanks again. Much love to all. :)

I know this is an awful question - and my apologies if it's been discussed and I missed it - but I was just watching the ACA footage of the blood in the back of the car.....

And if he smothered Allison (as was implied in court), what is all of the blood from? Just trying to make sense of it all.......

I know this is an awful question - and my apologies if it's been discussed and I missed it - but I was just watching the ACA footage of the blood in the back of the car.....

And if he smothered Allison (as was implied in court), what is all of the blood from? Just trying to make sense of it all.......
I've been wondering that too. If he smothered her in the house and then dragged her out to the car, it's possible she may have bumped her head a few times. I'm not a doctor so I'm not sure if someone who had died would bleed enough in these circumstances for their blood to be over the car. Or perhaps the injury was sustained before he killed her. There were some parts of Allison's body that were different to the others after decomposition (sorry), and the coroner IIRC said they could possibly be pre-mortem injuries, but he couldn't say for sure.

Very very very good news to come home to. I've been out of reception for the past couple of days in a rainforest retreat, so have only just got the chance to catch up. I'm overjoyed that GBC was found guilty, I just wasn't sure if the jury would choose that verdict or not. Nothing can bring Allison back, but I feel that justice has been served. This can rot in jail, his children are better off with Allison's parents than the coward who took their mother away from them.

My thoughts are with all effected by this tragedy. Hopefully now they can start finding some closure.

From when she broke her tooth I'm thinking .. as in it was a violent suffocation, head pushed down into dirt or similar, he sits upon her to compress her chest so she can't breathe, she breaks her tooth and bleeds from the mouth, is thrown unceremoniously into the car, door is closed against head as it rests upon it, and blood trickles from mouth down the door.

That's how I've imagined it anyway.

I like that Alisson's photo is front and center in a lot of the links.

This thread is where members can discuss the trial. What happened?

For those who thought GBC was going to get a not guilty verdict - why did you think that and are you relieved you were wrong?

Who had the most damning evidence? What about GBC on the stand - was anything he said believable?

THIS IS NOT A CHIT CHAT THREAD! Do not bash the players or use any name calling. If you want to visit with your friends about things that don't have to do with Allison's murder, you can do that here ------>http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?250178-Post-trial-chill-out-zone

Stay ON TOPIC or your posts will be removed without explanation. Complaints about moderation will earn you a time out.

In answer to Kimster's question, I thought he was going to get a not guilty verdict but am very relieved I was wrong! I thought he was guilty as sin, but was worried the jury was going to get to caught up on the terms "circumstantial evidence" and "reasonable doubt." Especially when they kept coming back for clarification.

But the judge obviously did a wonderful job with his direction, of course our man Todd Fuller did a wonderful job and as Mrs Dickie said, thank god Allison left her mark upon him!!

anyone have a link to those police recordings from the first responders

Well I guess he needs to do something with all the knowledge he has been studying for over the last 2 years.

How much will this appeal cost us / not him?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth