PA - Suzanne Detwiler, 40, shot to death, East Rockhill Twp, 18 June 2005

mysteriew

A diamond in process
Reaction score
A man who had recently left a mental health facility killed his wife after an argument and was shot to death by one of the couple's two sons, police said.

However, Detwiler grabbed one of the shotguns, went to the garage to load it and returned to the house, where he fired through a window and hit his wife, Suzanne Detwiler, on a deck outside, they said.

The 15-year-old, who had loaded his shotgun, then shot his father as he was bending over his wife and raising his gun again, the authorities said.

"Both boys acted with absolute courageousness and heroicism in acting in an attempt to save the life of their mother," Gibbons said.

http://www.boston.com/news/nation/a...after_man_kills_mom/?rss_id=Boston.com+/+News

Mysterview, I got an email on this today. How sad! Poor kid, sees his mother gunned down by his father and then is forced to shoot the him? It's going to take him a long time to get beyond this. If he does. Hopefully if he has the fortitude to shoot his father, he will have the fortitude to go on and have a succesfull life.

I did respond in that email asking if anyone knew how to be able to write a letter or email of encourgement to the boy. If I get anything back I will post it. If anyone here finds anything like that if they would post it please.

duffy said:
I did respond in that email asking if anyone knew how to be able to write a letter or email of encourgement to the boy. If I get anything back I will post it. If anyone here finds anything like that if they would post it please.

I looked up the town paper for you. The one who wrote the article for phillyburbs is Courtney Dentch and she lists a phone number and email addy.

Sometimes you can send a card to the paper and they will deliver it for you.
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/111-06192005-504540.html
After you click on the link, scroll down. The article is on the lower half of the page.

Hey! Thanks a lot Mysterview! I just feel the need to reach out to this poor kid. Sometimes I wish I could adopt about a thousand or 10 kids.

Can you imagine what this kid has seen in his lifetime? This sort of thing had to be going on for years and years.

According to a co-worker of the mother, the man and his wife were very passionate and "this is not what their marriage was about".

The husband was taken to a mental health facility because he locked himself up in the garage with the motor running on his car. A suicide attempt. He had recently been released and came home when the incident happened.

In my opinion people who try to commit suicide are very self-centered and selfish. They are the only ones in pain and no matter how it may affect someone else they need to get away from this pain.

I had a friend who's husband shot himself in the mouth right in front of her in her home. Many people felt she drove him to it. I thought "What a selfish sob." It let me know what she had put up with for years before this happened.

You are probably right Jeana. Not everything in a husband/wife relationship is public knowledge. The whole incident seems to sum up the health or lack there of the marriage and family.

Jeana (DP) said:
Can you imagine what this kid has seen in his lifetime? This sort of thing had to be going on for years and years.
This is a terrible story! :(
hopefully the two kids turn out okay and are able to find some strength in themselves from God. They deserve a peaceful life.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back