1487 users online (329 members and 1158 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Lies and mistruths Damien Echols has told to media

Since his release, and while in custody Damien has told a number of lies, mistruths, exaggerations .. call them what you will. I wonder what people think of this propensity of his to do this ..

Here is a recent interview which opens with a clanger: https://soundcloud.com/beaks-and-gee...nd-lorri-davis

'released due to DNA testing' starts at 1:20

Really? No mention of the Afford Plea?
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

Commentary on Damien's lying:

DAMIEN ECHOLS’ “LYING EYES

http://www.capitalpunishmentbook.com/?p=626

DAMIEN ECHOLS: A SERIAL, INCURABLE LIAR

http://www.capitalpunishmentbook.com/?p=707

.. and of course .. the infamous 'I was raped on Death Row' claim:

THE ALLGED RAPE OF DAMIEN ECHOLS

http://www.capitalpunishmentbook.com/?p=675

I'll post them as I come across them, there are many more.
    Neither the state nor the defense team are saints, and there is usually plenty of incompetence to go around on both sides of the courtroom.

IMO Damien is very much playing a victim to the extreme. I don't think the 3 are guilty (at least today I don't) but I do think that Damien exaggerates a lot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

Lies about the origin of Exhibit 500

ECHOLS: When you have to fight against the other lawyers as hard or harder as you do against the state. Jason [Baldwin]’s lawyers. Their entire agenda was to make me look as guilty as possible, thinking somehow it was going to help him. The number one thing that people quote is Exhibit 500, a mental health report, that comes from the fact that, one day, Jason’s attorneys contacted me and said they had this idea that would be really helpful and great. I was naive. It was years ago. OK, sure, let’s do it. This woman comes and writes up this report that diagnoses me with every single mental illness known to mankind. She can’t even file it herself because she’s already perjured herself and so she takes it to another doctor to file. The number one piece of evidence that people use to try and hurt me wasn’t even filed by the state. It was filed by Jason Baldwin’s attorneys.

Read more: http://www.hollywoodchicago.com/news...#ixzz38nkpZ5To

Really?

When Damien's case was approaching trial his lawyers had to consider the possibility of a guilty verdict, and prepare for the penalty phase where his psychiatric issues may be put forward as mitigating factors, it was compiled by Inquisitor Inc., a private investigation company owned by Ron Lax who was working pro bono for both Jason and Damien's lawyers. Documents were aquired from Echol's three 1992 court ordered institutionalisations, his counselling sessions and his SSD application. This file was then given to psychologist James Moneypenny who examined it before testifying.

The notion that the file was 'written up' by anyone is another one of Damien's easily disprovable lies ..

The one thing that's always bothered me about Echols is that he conveniently has an answer for everything:

"I didn't drink blood. It was just a lick."

"I never read Aleister Crawley. I just knew who he was."

He really does have an answer for everything; and I believe he downplays many of the odd attributes he took pride in before the murders.

Quote Originally Posted by Userid View Post
    The one thing that's always bothered me about Echols is that he conveniently has an answer for everything:

He really does have an answer for everything; and I believe he downplays many of the odd attributes he took pride in before the murders.
    Being an ******* doesn't mean he's a killer. I honestly feel that he probably would have been sent to jail for some other crime if the boys hadn't been killed. However there is enough evidence to imply that he didn't kill those boys.

Quote Originally Posted by LordYAM View Post
    Being an ******* doesn't mean he's a killer. I honestly feel that he probably would have been sent to jail for some other crime if the boys hadn't been killed. However there is enough evidence to imply that he didn't kill those boys.
    I never said he was a killer in the slightest.

I said he has the tendency to downplay many things, but so do a lot of people in this case. TH (and JMB) downplayed the abuse of their children, amongst a plethora of other things. I can't necessarily blame them -- what else are they to do when being accused of murder -- just making an observation.

I am not making excuses here- but I am sure Echols is truly a patholological liar. Ie, it's hardwired. I will bet you a twenty he's been doing that since he was small. I see it a lot in people who were physically abused and/or socially awkward/bullied/isolated as kids. It's not always a malevolent thing. Nor do the lies always particularly have a purpose or agenda behind them, hence the lies sometimes being just downright obvious and dumb - it's a means of stress relief. It can be quite at odds with how smart a person actually is.

That said, of course these people can lie to cover their asses or gain sympathy as well.

Latest interview and more lies:

http://katiecouric.com/videos/damien...ee-speaks-out/

Never used an ATM, 10 years in solitary (wasn't it 20 at one point?) etc etc ..

Quote Originally Posted by Userid View Post

I cannot believe people are still citing this ridiculous non-point. how can people with greater than a sixth grade education not know who Aleister Crowley was??? That's like saying because I know who L. Ron Hubbard is, I MUST practice Scientology. Really people, this is reaching beyond sensibility. Ooh, I've also read H.P. Lovecraft, I must be Amducious.
    Hinky Dinky Parlez Vous!-Sleuthy Gal

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs G Norris View Post
    Latest interview and more lies:

http://katiecouric.com/videos/damien...ee-speaks-out/

Never used an ATM, 10 years in solitary (wasn't it 20 at one point?) etc etc ..
    Served death sentence for almost 19 years, 10 of which were spent in solitary confinement. Where have you been, darlin'? I think there are several people who need to work on their truths.

Can we just re-title this thread, "Things I Personally Don't Understand"?

Quote Originally Posted by EntreNous View Post
    Served death sentence for almost 19 years, 10 of which were spent in solitary confinement. Where have you been, darlin'? I think there are several people who need to work on their truths.
    How about workin' on your manners?
    Last edited by Ausgirl; 08-20-2014 at 08:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by EntreNous View Post
    I cannot believe people are still citing this ridiculous non-point. how can people with greater than a sixth grade education not know who Aleister Crowley was??? That's like saying because I know who L. Ron Hubbard is, I MUST practice Scientology. Really people, this is reaching beyond sensibility. Ooh, I've also read H.P. Lovecraft, I must be Amducious.
    Calm down. It was just an observation.

And for the record, everyone I've ever asked in regards to Aleister Crawley has never heard of him (at least in America). He was an English occultist who died in 1947 -- to assume a great amount of people "with greater than a sixth grade education" (cute, by the way) do know him is equally misguided, if not more -- particularly when you consider the fact that these kids grew up in the south. If you think the majority outside of Damien's group of friends knew who Aleister Crawley was, at that time (let alone now, in present day), in West Memphis, you'd either be naive or in utter denial.

People in this country can't even name the Secretary of State these days, let alone an obscure English occulist.
    Last edited by Userid; 08-21-2014 at 12:43 PM.

I think it would be very interesting to hear an interview with Damiens wife (or ex wife? Not sure what their current status is) about what its like living with him and what he's like on a day to day basis. Would be very interesting IMO
    Whilst being on Websleuths makes me more aware of what evil there is in the world, it also reminds me that the best people are among us as well.

Love you all!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast