GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
53b33943c00c4.preview-300.jpg

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_30d113d0-016a-11e4-8d32-001a4bcf887a.html

Family members are asking for help from the public to locate 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who has been missing from her home on board the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center since 7 a.m. Saturday, June 28.

According to information provided by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Corwin’s husband reported her missing on Sunday, June 29. Corwin is reported to be three months pregnant, according to the sheriff’s department.

According to her sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, Corwin left in her 2013 Toyota Corolla on her way to Joshua Tree National Park and has not been seen or heard from since... The vehicle, she said, later, was found on Valle Vista Road.

http://www.kmir.com/story/25916449/public-help-sought-in-case-of-missing-woman

She's described as 5-foot-2 with light brown hair. She was last seen about 7am Saturday morning.

Her sister tells KMIR NEWS that Corwin was apparently on her way to Joshua Tree National Park to look for a campsite for a future trip there.

http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-reported-missing-in-twentynine-palms/26746852

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and Joshua Tree National Park Rangers began an extensive search by air and on the ground. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Detail was also called in to assist with the investigation.

Erin's FB: https://www.facebook.com/eheavilin

Media, Map & Timeline

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Information that our members are posting in our private Scanner Forum is to remain in the Scanner Forum. If something interesting is heard, a member can post in the public forum that there is something going on, so members don't miss anything. If there is scanner information posted in the MSM, it can be quoted here WITH A LINK to the MSM article.

We are a victim friendly site. We have no suspects or persons of interest at this time, no one is to be discussed as such until or unless this happens. No sleuthing of friends or family. No rumor.

Okay, disregard the red hair. I think I got that wrong in my haste. I reviewed the tape and it just said short hair on the screen. The print however, was in red, and they were discussing a red car. That's probably my confusion. Sorry!

Oh ok thank you LinasK! I couldn't watch it so I was relying on info here. I can see where the confusion would come from. Short hair just doesn't narrow it down that much in a military town, does it? Hopefully a red vehicle and/or Alaska plates narrow it down a lot more.

<Mod Snip>

I keep hoping she will come home. I just have a terrible feeling. Jmo

I doubt LE is so naive or inexperienced that they don't have a pretty good idea of what happened, who did it and where Erin is likely to be found. I feel like they have all kinds of info. But it may not be possible to find Erin, without extreme luck or a confession. Jmo

If the red car was a rental surely there is a data base LE can access to at least narrow down the search for it. Also how about pulling up gas station videos. He would have had to get gas somewhere around 29 Palms.

Please use initials if discussing the husband and reminder that we do not allow speculation of family members unless they are named a suspect. Using a number does not circumvent the rule folks if that is what is going on with the number thing. Please use allowable info when posting

I am soooooooooo lost...so when QuestionMark was asking for help with...."attribute"...etc...I was "me too-ing" ....:gaah: I am so frustrated. As much research as i do...I am coming up empty.

Please use initials if discussing the husband and reminder that we do not allow speculation of family members unless they are named a suspect. Using a number does not circumvent the rule folks if that is what is going on with the number thing. Please use allowable info when posting

Adding...

If you have a question about why a post is removed please pm a Mod, discussing moderation on the board is not allowed. Lets keep the focus and discussion on Erin.

Thank you!

Don't feel lost. Some posters were joking around about the word attribute used in a wedding vow. It is irrelevant. The Mods have also warned about the confusing #1 and #2 posts about possible lovers. In my opinion it has caused serious followers to be needlessly confused which has taken up way too much of all of our time. We want to find Erin not muddle through nonsense.

The search warrant requests and the authorization to search at night were approved July 1 by San Bernardino Superior Court Judge Jon Ferguson. The four approvals came early in the morning, from 12:17 a.m. to 12:30 a.m.

Investigators requested the ability to search at night because the circumstances were urgent, according to the court records, "Due to ... the potential to find Erin Corwin alive, as well as the potential to lose pertinent evidence associated with this investigation."

Affidavits were sealed, but based on the information contained in them, there is probable cause that a felony had been committed, according to the court documents.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...issing-evidence-search-horse-rescue/12763519/

Inside businesses across the Hi-Desert, including the Carousel Cafe, you'll see no signs that 20-year-old Erin Corwin is missing, but she is and investigators and neighbors believe she's out there.

"I think about it every day," said Renee Metcalf, of Twentynine Palms. "I hear the helicopter all of the time at night. I think, 'They haven't found her yet.'"

Corwin's disappearance remains a mystery. Investigators worked in Twentynine Palms on Wednesday, instead of searching in Joshua Tree National Park and surrounding desert where they've used most of their manpower since she vanished.

http://www.kesq.com/news/search-warrants-served-in-effort-to-find-erin-corwin/26990830

I am soooooooooo lost...so when QuestionMark was asking for help with...."attribute"...etc...I was "me too-ing" ....:gaah: I am so frustrated. As much research as i do...I am coming up empty.

I think a lot of us are frustrated. What do you need help with? You said you are coming up empty, are lost.

Don't feel lost. Some posters were joking around about the word attribute used in a wedding vow. It is irrelevant. The Mods have also warned about the confusing #1 and #2 posts about possible lovers. In my opinion it has caused serious followers to be needlessly confused which has taken up way too much of all of our time. We want to find Erin not muddle through nonsense.

Hear, hear.

If I may indulge in a little thinking out loud...and SPECULATION.

If I am the Perp and I premeditate that I want to dispose of this young woman, and I want do dispose of her in this vast JT park, I either know JT very very well, or I am going to go scope out the terrain ahead of time. Does this mean:

a)I have recently spent a lot of time at JT? (Tapes of people coming and going should be scanned if they exist to see repeat visits
b)I own some vehicle that could get me around the terrain for scoping purposes (jeep, motorcycle, etc.) or I have *borrowed* one recently?
c)hardware stores in the vicinity have sold me tarps, shovels, duct tape, ropes, etc. recently?
d)I have purchased a stun gun recently?
e)I have unexplained absences from work/home recently?
f) Those close to me notice I have been acting odd?

So moving to the next step. If this was premeditated, and we believe the Perp has left her in one of the many mines, what are the mines that are readily accessible from a regular vehicle? Or, what would be the mines first accessible "off road" from the main entrance? I really can't imagine the Perp taking an extended offroad excursion with a deceased or restrained body in the vehicle; they would be risking detection. I hypothesize they went in from the main entrance and quickly went offroad to a predetermined "resting place". If my guess is right, she's not that far from the main entrance. The Perp wanted to get in and out as quickly as possible.

In my mind, this is either a local who knew JT very well, or someone who spent a lot of time in there recently scoping it out. I know this is a huge, huge park....but I really think the possibilities of offroad disposal will be within 10-15 minutes of the main entrance....

All speculation and guesses based on the bits and pieces I've read in this thread.
Let's bring this girl home.

http://www.desertsun.com/story/news...issing-evidence-search-horse-rescue/12763519/

Isabel Megli, CEO and founder of Yucca Valley's White Rock Horse Rescue, where Erin Corwin spent her days nursing a horse back to health, said Corwin kept to herself but had a "special way" with horses.

"She had already been an avid rider," Megli said. "She came here to volunteer and to find a horse - and she did."

Corwin adopted Cassy, an eight-year-old quarter horse, who immediately bonded with her, according to Megli. Corwin nursed the horse back to health and had planned to move her to Twentynine Palms.

Megli said Erin's husband came out a couple times.

"One time when they came out here they chased her for a half an hour," Megli said, laughing. "They worked together and caught her."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk