GUILTY MS - Janaya Thompson, 5, raped & murdered, Gulfport, 16 July 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
DNbSyrn.jpg

http://www.wlox.com/story/26039645/have-you-seen-this-missing-girl

A massive search is underway in Gulfport for a missing 5-year-old girl. Janaya Makayia Thompson was last seen around 8:30 Wednesday night in the parking lot near the Palms Apartments on Three Rivers Road.

Janaya was last seen wearing a black t-shirt with a white Hello Kitty design on the chest, and white sweat pants with purple/yellow rainbows. She had her hair pulled back into a pony tail.

Just before midnight, Gulfport Police had K-9 units, officers, and neighbors all out looking for the child. They said all possible resources are being used to find the little girl, including the Gulfport Fire Department, Gulf Coast Search and Rescue, and the Harrison County Sheriff's Department Air Unit.

At approximately 8:29 p.m. on Wednesday, a Gulfport Police Department responded to a Palms Apartments located during 10471 Three Rivers Road in anxiety to a news of a blank child.

Janaya was final seen in a parking lot nearby a apartment. She was final seen wearing a black t-shirt with a white “Hello Kitty” pattern on a chest and white persperate pants with purple/yellow rainbows.

Papania pronounced the Gulfport Police Department is utilizing all resources to locate Janaya to include, the Gulfport Fire Department, Gulf Coast Search and Rescue, a Harrison County Sheriff’s Department Air Unit, and adjacent residents of a apartment.

The arch pronounced this is being treated as a blank chairman call. Anyone with any information is urged to hit a Gulfport Police Department during 228-868-5959.

Can someone else confirm that there is definitely something wrong with the way this article is written?
http://www.msnewsfeed.com/gulfport/...t-reported-missing-police-asking-for-publics/

Thank you so much OkieGranny for posting this. I just saw this this morning and was coming here to see if there was a thread for her. This is local to me, I'm one county over.

This is a fairly decent sized apartment complex, it's right across the street from an elementary school but it's also very close to I-10. It's behind Crossroads Mall which has several pretty popular stores, there are always tons of people there and there's a movie theater as well. It's also close to a hospital. I'm trying to remember if there's a fence around the complex or not, I just drove past it on Sunday but I can't for the life of me remember if it's gated and if there's any sort of control over who can access the complex. If anyone has any questions about the area I'll do my best to answer them.

I have a friend that works for Gulfport Fire Dept I'll text him in a bit and see if he's working and if they have any additional information. I wonder if the complex has cameras? Hopefully the school does.

Can someone else confirm that there is definitely something wrong with the way this article is written?
http://www.msnewsfeed.com/gulfport/...t-reported-missing-police-asking-for-publics/

It is wrong.

But that's because it's taken from basically a fake source. It's not actually their content (on the one you've linked to, I mean)

However, that site (that you linked to) isn't really any more legit.

It's just a blog that's hosted on their own site to try to become something. (Not very effectively if you'll note the only about 70 total likes or shares from there)

They are just fishing for clicks b/c of the ads on there and even have a paypal link.

Essentially they're just culling all their "stories" from other places (legit or not) and posting it as their content hoping to pull in traffic from googling.

GULFPORT, MS (WLOX) -

The father of 5-year-old Janaya Thompson says his daughter was always visiting friends around The Palms Apartments, but he doesn't know where she is. Jarmal Thompson told WLOX News, "I couldn't tell you, but she's always friendly with the kids in the neighborhood."

Thompson is very thankful for the support from the community and local law enforcement.

(snip)

Officers set up a command post at Bel-Aire Elementary School, which is across the street from the apartment complex.

If you have any information that could help locate Janaya, call Gulfport Police at (228) 868-5959.

http://www.wlox.com/story/26039645/have-you-seen-this-missing-girl

Are there any swimming pools in the area that she may have fallen in? Creeks?

We were just in Gulfport last month while on vacation. Well, only down 49 from I-10 to the harbor; we took the excursion boat out to Ship Island. I thought what a pretty little town it was, and then remembered that it was basically wiped out during Katrina and that's why everything looked so nice and new.

I was hoping to wake up to news that this precious child had been found safe and sound. Where is Janaya? :(

Are there any swimming pools in the area that she may have fallen in? Creeks?

I believe the complex has 2 pools and there's also another apartment complex next to this one that has a pool as well. I have no clue how to do anything with a map so I'll just go by what you can see on google maps and try to point out some stuff for y'all.

If you do a google search for The Palms Apartments, 3 Rivers Road Gulfport, MS and pull up the map you'll see where her apartment is located. I-10 is just to the south but there is no access to I-10 via Three Rivers, you either have to go to Hwy 49 or over to Lorraine Rd to get on I-10. The elementary school that was mentioned in previous articles is at the intersection or Riverten Rd & Klein Rd. Behind the school you can see the shopping center and movie theater.

As far as water goes, there is a rather large, industrial canal just south of I-10 that crosses Three Rivers Rd. The same canal also runs next to Garden Park Medical Center which is off of Community Rd which dead ends at Klein Rd not far from the apartment complex.

I understand that the girl was friendly with neighbors, but I have a 5 year old and I can't imagine letting her go around our neighborhood by herself or with "friends" and not have any idea where she was. She's lucky to get out of my sight for 5 minutes.

Also, there is a fence around the property, but looking at the map it does not appear to actually be gated.

Video at link:

http://www.waff.com/story/26039645/police-childs-body-found-at-trailer-park

The body of a child has been found at a trailer park on Whitney Drive.

Gulfport Police say she was found just before 9am. They aren't confirming that it is 5-year-old Janaya Thompson, but it is a young black girl.

"This is a tragedy, not a story," Gulfport Police Chief Leonard Papania said as he briefed news crews at Bel-Aire Elementary this morning. "We appreciate your patience as we continue to investigate. We will not release any more information at this time."

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jemabogado
Back