1140 users online (212 members and 928 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7
    Quote Originally Posted by Dallen View Post
    I sure hope so. She sure doesn't look like anything is off in the pics I've seen.
    No. She looks fine to me, too. So does her sister. Obviously, the police in the photo think they are okay.
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

I took former step mom to mean the mom's former step mom. This whole thing is very confusing.

What a wicked web we weave !
    Whoever has this precious baby, be good to her and treat her well. That's all we can hope for.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallen View Post
    I'm not familiar with that one...going to sleuth...
    Look under Baby Gabriel (Gabriel Johnson). http://www.websleuths.com/forums/for...abriel-Johnson

An officious busybody around Phoenix, Tammi Smith, orchestrated a whole scenario trying to get custody of Gabriel away from his father and then adopt him from his crazy mother. Gabriel's mom took him to Texas as part of the plan to get sole custody, then claimed to have killed him, then recanted, and Baby Gabriel has never been found. To this day, Tammi still seems to think that because she's such a great person in her own eyes, so much better than his dad, she had every right to plot to get him through whatever means necessary.

I see parallels to Tammi Smith in these two women.

According to Seminole Police, at about 4 p.m. Thursday, the former step-mother of Smith contacted officers about the Amber Alert. The former step-mother stated she had paperwork showing that she was granted power of attorney and temporary custody for the infant, which was granted to her by the mother of the infant.

Smith’s mother is currently in jail in Parker County, Texas. Police say Smith was being transported from Oklahoma to Seminole by other relatives.

The former step-mother of the child told police that the suspects listed in the Amber Alert, Findley and Skousen, are related to those involved in the case, and they also had copies of the paperwork along with a signed note by the former step-mother for them to have permission to transport Smith from Oklahoma to Texas.

http://www.news9.com/story/26054061/...ransport-child

Until we learn more about the situation the baby was in...I think it is wrong to characterize anyone to be like Tammi Smith in the Baby Gabriel case. These women had permission from a woman with POA to transport this baby and the baby arrived safe and sound to her. LE from OK can say anything they want, but the women were acting within the law in this state...because it allows for such an abduction scenario with no recourse. Once the child is in the physical custody of the other party, they have the legal upper hand. Period.

What do we know about the family who had the baby in OK? Do we even have a name there?
    "WE SEEK FOR THE TRUTH. WE SEEK JUSTICE.
    THE COURTS REQUIRE IT. THE VICTIMS CRY FOR IT
    AND GOD DEMANDS IT!"

A quote spray painted on the wall by search
    and rescue workers, Team 5, at the OKC Bombing site 4-19-1995.

What I post are my opinions only.

We don't have enough information to say who's right and who's wrong in this situation, but these people came to my state and took the baby without any legal authority recognized by my state. I have a problem with that. If they had been caught before crossing the state line back into Texas, they would have been arrested. Not to mention all the tax dollars and manpower wasted by this cockamamie plan.

All we know about any of the parties involved is a bunch of he said, she said. Accusations have been flung both ways. If there was serious concern about the well-being of this child, was there any attempt made to obtain physical custody of her through proper channels? Or did they just jump straight to Plan Z?

Full disclosure: I am a grandparent in Oklahoma and have had legal custody of my grandchild for nine years. I hired an attorney and went to court and I have legal documents signed by a judge stating that I have full custody, care, and control of her. If I allowed her to go live with either of her parents, *I* would be in trouble for violating a court order. Her father (my son) knows that she's in good hands and is happy and thriving where she is. We haven't heard from her meth-addled mother in more than five years, but that fear that she might cook up some scheme to snatch her child back never quite goes away.

So this is a touchy subject for me.

My point exactly, OkieGranny. What makes it more telling IMO is that they were told BY KINGFISHER COUNTY that their paper work did not lawfully give them rights to the child, in OK. Had they gone about it by the laws of both TX and OK, none of this would even be an issue. I sure hope it's all cleared away soon.

On a side note, I passed through Cashion yesterday and kept thinking about this baby and hoped she was in great hands. 5 months old is so young.

The child has been found!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7