Farewell Johnny Winter

bessie

Verified Insider
Reaction score
Oh, man. This one hits home. Farewell, my friend.

The Lion in Johnny Winter: A Tribute to the Guitar Icon
The life of the Texas guitarist, who died on July 16th at 70, was a testament to the power of the blues
By David Marchese
July 17, 2014 12:25 PM ET

winter-306v-1405612045.jpg

Legendary blues musician Johnny Winter died in his hotel room in Zurich, Switzerland, on July 16th at 70 years old. There are plenty of reasons why that's notable — Winter was one of the first blues rock guitar virtuosos, releasing a string of popular and fiery albums in the late Sixties and early Seventies, becoming an arena-level concert draw in the process — but it's the barest facts that remain the most inspiring. Johnny Winter, from little Beaumont, Texas, afflicted with albinism and 20/400 eyesight in one eye and 20/600 in the other, made an iconic life for himself by playing the blues.

Read more: http://www.rollingstone.com/music/n...ute-to-the-guitar-icon-20140717#ixzz37mhxgoXd
Follow us: @rollingstone on Twitter | RollingStone on Facebook

wow now I feel really really old!!!

RIP Johnny

Oh please do if it's not too much trouble!
I'll try this weekend. I don't know how well they'll scan, though. What I'd really like to find is the poem I wrote about Johnny Winter after I hung out with him in Audubon Park when I was about 14-15. I entitled it "Lightning". HA!

Oh, man, I am so old. :facepalm:

I'll try this weekend. I don't know how well they'll scan, though. What I'd really like to find is the poem I wrote about Johnny Winter after I hung out with him in Audubon Park when I was about 14-15. I entitled it "Lightning". HA!

Oh, man, I am so old. :facepalm:

Wait...Audubon Park...as in Memphis?

Bessie, thanks for sharing. My husband saw him perform in the early 70s at a club in St. Martinville, La. Thanks for the pic of Jimi Hendricks. My husband plays Jimi's music daily.

Bessie, thanks for sharing. My husband saw him perform in the early 70s at a club in St. Martinville, La. Thanks for the pic of Jimi Hendricks. My husband plays Jimi's music daily.
Nice. :)

Cool pics! What a blast from the past. Thanks so much for sharing them.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
zipperoni
Back