Identified! FL - Loxahatchee, WhtFem skeletal 118UFFL, 17-22, May'82 - Tina Beebe

I am not sure how good of a match this is, but she is listed as having a lot of dental work and is presumed dead with the body never recovered.

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/958dffl.html

Barbara Ann Bockwith
Missing since December 5, 1979 from Escambia County, Florida.
Classification: Endangered Missing

Vital Statistics

Date Of Birth: December 31, 1958
Age at Time of Disappearance: 20 years old
Height and Weight at Time of Disappearance: 5'4"; 115 lbs.
Distinguishing Characteristics: White female. Brown hair; blue eyes.
Dentals: Available. She has had a lot of dentistry.

Circumstances of Disappearance
Barbara Bockwith, an accounting major, left home for class at the University of West Florida but never arrived on the morning of December 5, 1979.
A friend, driving through the intersection at Creighton Road and Ninth Avenue, reported seeing Bockwith having breakfast at the McDonald's on Navy Boulevard the morning of her disappearance.
A week later, her car was found at Pensacola Regional Airport, her books inside, the driver's seat pushed all the way back.
Bockwith mentioned having problems with her boyfriend, Robert Deaver, but made no indication of threats or fear.
Five days after being questioned by investigators, Deaver was found dead. His cause of death was later determined to be the result of a suicide.
Bockwith’s body was never found, however she is presumed dead and the investigation is continuing.

Could she be a victim of Christopher Wilder?

Hello all, long time lurker here. I admire and appreciate all that you guys do here at WS. I figured I'd put my :twocents: in on this case since it hits close to home. This woman was found right up my street.

According to the book, "The Encyclopedia of Serial Killers," in 1982 the skeletal remains of two unidentified women were found on two separate occasions on or near property that Wilder owned in Loxahatchee.

The timing fits, and I don't know of any other unidentified women found out here around that time. Does anyone know if the other woman was identified, or is that info wrong?

I hope she can get her name back so she can be properly laid to rest. Every time I drive that stretch of road, I think about her.

http://www.wptv.com/news/region-c-palm-beach-county/west-palm-beach/turning-skulls-into-people

Marth's sister, Tina Beebe, went missing in 1981 after moving from the Ft. Myers area to South Florida with a man who promised her a job as a model.

"She came home and said she met this guy and he was a modeling scout," Marth said.

Marth would never see her sister again.

In this article from 1982, Tina's name is mentioned as possibly being a victim of a gang:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?nid=1873&dat=19820920&id=kVAfAAAAIBAJ&sjid=0dEEAAAAIBAJ&pg=1374,2344962&hl=en

On the thread for Christopher Wilder, I am pretty sure Tina is being referenced in post 31:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?36670-FL-TX-CA-NH-CHRISTOPHER-WILDER-the-quot-Beauty-Queen-Killer-1980-84/page2

My sister, Tina, disappeared in 1981 with very similar circumstances, though detectives are tying her case more to a gang and less to Wilder. Seems kind of odd, though........closure sure would be nice, after all of these uncertain years....

In this article from 1982, Tina's name is mentioned as possibly being a victim of a gang:

https://news.google.com/newspapers?n...,2344962&hl=en

From that story, it sounds like the then-thought-to-be remains of Beebe would be like a gang-type killing (bullet to head).

Did Beebe have any kind of known gang involvement? I can't see how the gang would be suspected otherwise. Especially because she was in that area and made a "perfect" Chris Wilder victim (young, pretty, photogenic, etc).

Doe Network Case File: 118UFFL
Loxahatchee, Palm Beach County, Florida
May 29, 1982
Date of Discovery: May 29, 1982
Location of Discovery: Loxahatchee, Palm Beach County, Florida
Estimated Date of Death: 1 to 3 years prior
State of Remains: Skeletal
Cause of Death: Unknown
It's unclear how she was slain, but the killer sliced off her fingerprints. That led investigators to believe that the killer knew the victim well and worried that he or she could easily be linked to the crime if the body is ever identified.

I wish I knew what they meant (or how they knew this). Her remains were skeletal so I don't know how anyone would know if she'd had her fingers "skinned." If she had her fingers cut off, I wish they'd have said it like that.

Whichever way her fingerprints were removed, I could kind of see that happening if she were killed by the gang or Wilder. The gang to prevent ID. Wilder as torture.

You can still make a good, positive ID with dental records, and faster than with DNA. When the McStays were found, they ID'd the adults and one child, I believe, through dentals very quickly because all 3 had dentals for comparison, but they had to wait a bit longer to positively ID the youngest child through DNA.

You can still make a good, positive ID with dental records, and faster than with DNA. When the McStays were found, they ID'd the adults and one child, I believe, through dentals very quickly because all 3 had dentals for comparison, but they had to wait a bit longer to positively ID the youngest child through DNA.
Oh yeah, I guess I didn't even consider dental records because of the phrasing:
"Marth sent a picture of Tina and Moody was able to use that picture along with Tina's skull to make an identification.

Moody says it was ultimately Tina's teeth and the symmetry of her face that made the identification possible."

It made it sound like they just went off skull vs photo. I'm sure they confirmed with dental records though!

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shmoozie
Back