1180 users online (199 members and 981 guests)  

Websleuths News

USVI - Leon Roberts, 25, & Tristan Charlier, 24, shot dead on vacation, June 2005

Leon Roberts, 25, and his life-long buddy Tristan Charlier, 24, were gunned down Wednesday at a bus stop in a desolate part of Charlotte Amalie, capital city of the U.S. Virgin Islands.

Charlier and Roberts, both from Jamaica, Queens, had arrived at noon Tuesday and were found less than 15 hours later at a bus stop on Veterans Drive, St. Thomas' main road. They had been shot repeatedly.

They had their cash and their personal belongings had not been taken, leading police to rule out robbery as a motive. The men had been enjoying the island's party scene, but left friends in the Green House bar about midnight buying pizza at a gas station 1-1/2 miles from the bar at 1 a.m.

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/crim...p-274281c.html
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

http://www.virginislandsdailynews.co...ome?id=6147427

No leads in the case, they are reviewing surveillance tapes from a nightspot and a conveinence store.

The wedding went on as scheduled.
    Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

Tristan Charlier was hassled in a bar only two hours before he and lifelong buddy Leon Roberts were gunned down, a friend who had been drinking with them said.
    "He came back from the bathroom and said he'd met some 'tough guys,'" said Twumasi Weisel, 33.

"He'd had some kind of altercation with someone. He didn't say what had happened and I didn't give it a second thought. Now I can't stop thinking about it."

http://www.nydailynews.com/front/sto...p-274507c.html

Cops in St. Thomas have arrested a local man and charged him with the murder of Tristan Charlier and Leon Roberts, lifelong friends from Queens who were coldly gunned down last month only hours after they arrived on the island for a wedding.
    Jamal Hart, 20, was being held without bail yesterday after police picked him up on Friday without incident and charged him with first-degree murder for the June 15 shooting deaths of the two men.

http://www.nypost.com/news/nationalnews/49286.htm