1460 users online (314 members and 1146 guests)  

Websleuths News

Poll: Where do you live?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

The Websleuths Census

Websleuths is a global community! Where do you live?

You do not need to be a member to vote!

New Zealand is not on there.

I WISH I lived in Antarctica......
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Nobody lives in Antarctica! There are only temporary research stations there, but no settlements.

I would like to have seen the NA breakdown - US vs. Canada...

Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    Nobody lives in Antarctica! There are only temporary research stations there, but no settlements.
    I know, but I still want to live there!
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

In addition to New Zealand being missing, I don't see kimster's home planet reflected.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Last I checked, New Zealand isn't a continent, so it's not missing from a list of continents.

apparently that futile attempt at humor fell flat.
    Websleuths now on Facebook

Welcome to all new members. Thank you for joining the conversation. Please take a moment to become familiar with the TOS and rules, etiquette and information.

mni wiconi - Lakota for Water is Life.

Quote Originally Posted by tlcya View Post
    In addition to New Zealand being missing, I don't see kimster's home planet reflected.

No it didn't...

You just need a sense of humor to get it. I got a doozie!!
    Media thread for Abby and Libby.

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...5#post13163455

Unless I provide a link, every one of my posts are to be considered rumor, Speculation, or simply MY OWN OPINION.

Quote Originally Posted by meanmaryjean View Post
    I know, but I still want to live there!
    There are no Polar Bears in Antarctica, only penguins. You would be very well acquainted with penguins after a few years. And then there are the sea lions. With temperatures of minus 100 degrees for 6 months of the year - the antarctic night - you would do well to learn how to hibernate.
    This is probably why nobody lives there.

Kimster is keeping her home planet hidden with a cloak of invisibility so it isn't reflected at all.......

Quote Originally Posted by Meryl12 View Post
    There are no Polar Bears in Antarctica, only penguins. You would be very well acquainted with penguins after a few years. And then there are the sea lions. With temperatures of minus 100 degrees for 6 months of the year - the antarctic night - you would do well to learn how to hibernate.
    This is probably why nobody lives there.
    I once read a well-meaning academic paper about introducing the Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus) to Antarctica. Forunately, it was not well-received. I work in the arctic half of the year, and I've been fortunate enough to see 8 living polar bears in the wild, and three dead ones. The last time I saw a polar bear, or two, broke my heart: a mama bear attacked a dog team located outside of town in a high arctic community, and was shot. That happens, but what made it sadder was that she had been dragging around her dead cub, hoping, I guess, that it would come back to life. The wildlife expert/hunting and trapping official on site thought the cub had probably been dead for a couple of weeks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast