805 users online (101 members and 704 guests)  

Websleuths News

Poll: Where do you live?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Montjoy View Post
    Last I checked, New Zealand isn't a continent, so it's not missing from a list of continents.
    So which continent would NZ be a part of, if any? I seriously have never thought about it until I read your comment. What is Iceland part of? Now you've got my curiosity going!
    "If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you have to find the courage to live it."
    - John Irving in A Prayer for Owen Meany

Unless I provide a link or refer to a specific link, all my ramblings are theories, speculation, scenarios based on what info is available and my own unique life experiences.

Quote Originally Posted by wendybtn View Post
    So which continent would NZ be a part of, if any? I seriously have never thought about it until I read your comment. What is Iceland part of? Now you've got my curiosity going!
    New Zealand and Iceland are islands.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    New Zealand and Iceland are islands.
    I had to look it up...

Islands located near a continent are generally considered, in a geographical sense, part of that continent. Greenland, for example, is politically part of Europe but belongs geographically to North America, as do the islands of the Caribbean and the western North Atlantic Ocean. There are some islands and island groups, however, that are not considered part of any continent, geographically speaking. New Zealand, Hawaii, and French Polynesia are among them.

http://www.nationalgeographic.com/si...eography-faqs/

ETA Iceland is, bizarrely, both in Europe and North America.

http://www.newworldencyclopedia.org/entry/Iceland

Unlike neighboring Greenland, Iceland is considered to be a part of Europe, not of North America, though geologically, the island belongs to both continents.

Sent from my KFJWI using Tapatalk

*waves to everyone from 'up over'*
    Posts are my opinion/speculation with the exception of relevant source material

The information contained herein is not to be reproduced or reprinted outside of Websleuths.com without my written permission

Quote Originally Posted by rosesforann View Post
    Okay, fess up, WHO picked Antarctica???? LOL!
    Could have been a distant cousin of mine who is now retired but for many years was captain of one of the UK's polar exploration vessels and spent a lot of time in Antarctic waters.

Irving Texas!
    Suzanne Marie Sevakis Welcome home.

Global?

So....WS is a North American community with a few foreign participants. Or so the poll results show.

Germany

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

Taupo, New Zealand

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe instead of Australia on the list, rename it Australasia (which would include New Zealand, New Guinea/Papua New Guinea), and also include Oceania, which would include Micronesia, Melanesia and Polynesia.
    "Is this the Briscoe dame? Listen, I see that brat 'a yours with that gun packer, Jones." - The Texas Tornado, 1928

Quote Originally Posted by MaryG12 View Post
    Maybe instead of Australia on the list, rename it Australasia (which would include New Zealand, New Guinea/Papua New Guinea), and also include Oceania, which would include Micronesia, Melanesia and Polynesia.
    Strange. I saw the post by MaryG12, under most recent thread replies. However, the post itself is timestamped with 5-13-2017, 06:18 PM

System error perhaps? Or I am seeing things. Yeah, go with that

The Websleuths Census

Last Post By MaryG12 (39 replies)
    Today, 04:33 PM in The Poll Forum! Public Welcome To Participate
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!

Quote Originally Posted by Jim_M View Post
    Strange. I saw the post by MaryG12, under most recent thread replies. However, the post itself is timestamped with 5-13-2017, 06:18 PM

System error perhaps? Or I am seeing things. Yeah, go with that

The Websleuths Census

Last Post By MaryG12 (39 replies)
    Today, 04:33 PM in The Poll Forum! Public Welcome To Participate
    I think it happens when someone votes in the poll. It will pop up as if there's a new post.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesneakers View Post
    I think it happens when someone votes in the poll. It will pop up as if there's a new post.
    Thank you bluesneakers! I did verify the original post (5-13-2017) and your explanation covers the pop up. Phew.
    We are here to help. I will do my best to not cause any hindrance, in any manner.
    I will at times, "think out loud." I have done this since I can remember.
    I will share my opinions. Thoughts. Insights. And I encourage everyone else to do the same.
    Let's find them, and bring them home!

We Are All One Human Race!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3