Votes: 38 5.7%
  • Europe

Votes: 74 11.2%
  • North America

Votes: 542 81.7%
  • South America

Votes: 1 0.2%

• Total voters
In addition to New Zealand being missing, I don't see kimster's home planet reflected.

Last I checked, New Zealand isn't a continent, so it's not missing from a list of continents.

apparently that futile attempt at humor fell flat.

I know, but I still want to live there!

There are no Polar Bears in Antarctica, only penguins. You would be very well acquainted with penguins after a few years. And then there are the sea lions. With temperatures of minus 100 degrees for 6 months of the year - the antarctic night - you would do well to learn how to hibernate.
This is probably why nobody lives there. :cat:

In addition to New Zealand being missing, I don't see kimster's home planet reflected.

Kimster is keeping her home planet hidden with a cloak of invisibility so it isn't reflected at all.......:hiding: :laughing:

There are no Polar Bears in Antarctica, only penguins. You would be very well acquainted with penguins after a few years. And then there are the sea lions. With temperatures of minus 100 degrees for 6 months of the year - the antarctic night - you would do well to learn how to hibernate.
This is probably why nobody lives there. :cat:

I once read a well-meaning academic paper about introducing the Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus) to Antarctica. Forunately, it was not well-received. I work in the arctic half of the year, and I've been fortunate enough to see 8 living polar bears in the wild, and three dead ones. The last time I saw a polar bear, or two, broke my heart: a mama bear attacked a dog team located outside of town in a high arctic community, and was shot. That happens, but what made it sadder was that she had been dragging around her dead cub, hoping, I guess, that it would come back to life. The wildlife expert/hunting and trapping official on site thought the cub had probably been dead for a couple of weeks.

I once read a well-meaning academic paper about introducing the Polar Bear (Ursus maritimus) to Antarctica. Forunately, it was not well-received. I work in the arctic half of the year, and I've been fortunate enough to see 8 living polar bears in the wild, and three dead ones. The last time I saw a polar bear, or two, broke my heart: a mama bear attacked a dog team located outside of town in a high arctic community, and was shot. That happens, but what made it sadder was that she had been dragging around her dead cub, hoping, I guess, that it would come back to life. The wildlife expert/hunting and trapping official on site thought the cub had probably been dead for a couple of weeks.

How heartbreaking.

As Linda7NJ said, How heartbreaking.
Her maternal instinct was so strong.....how heartbreaking, then someone shot her.
It is even more heartbreaking when you think that a lot of people pay to go on a Polar Bear Tour. People pay a lot of money to see a polar bear in its natural habitat.
Otherwise the only other way to see one is in a Zoo. :shame:

As Linda7NJ said, How heartbreaking.
Her maternal instinct was so strong.....how heartbreaking, then someone shot her.
It is even more heartbreaking when you think that a lot of people pay to go on a Polar Bear Tour. People pay a lot of money to see a polar bear in its natural habitat.
Otherwise the only other way to see one is in a Zoo. :shame:
My Dad was an aerial surveyor and was in the Arctic. A village was having problems with a polar bear and my dead, being an animal lover, said he and his pilot would run the bear off with the helicopter. The found the polar bear and started "buzzing" it. The bear obligingly took off away from the village. However, the next time the helicopter tried to buzz him, he stood tall and swiped at the pontoons. He nearly brought down the helicopter and Dad found huge bear claws embedded in the pontoon. He brought the claws home for my brother and me.

My Dad was an aerial surveyor and was in the Arctic. A village was having problems with a polar bear and my dead, being an animal lover, said he and his pilot would run the bear off with the helicopter. The found the polar bear and started "buzzing" it. The bear obligingly took off away from the village. However, the next time the helicopter tried to buzz him, he stood tall and swiped at the pontoons. He nearly brought down the helicopter and Dad found huge bear claws embedded in the pontoon. He brought the claws home for my brother and me.
That musta been very scary...a polar bear doing his King Kong impersonation!!!

Is this your cat? Found em playing with my lipstick;)
megy5uvu.jpg

I was really tempted to tick 'Antarctica' but I was able to resist the urge for the sake of Websleuths:eek:kay:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CarpSleuth
Back