Malaysia Flight MH17 shot down in Ukraine. 298 aboard. 7/17/2014 - #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It my opinion that if some of the powers got together and went in there with their military might, you know like seal team, special forces, from multiple nations the rebels would stand down. that's just my opinion. putin is in control of the rebels, I'm thinking. It's his game. jmo idk

This twitter from a journo on the scene is well worth reading. He's also posting a lot of photos.
This one's really depressing. The OSCE convoy trying and failing to get to the scene again today. :(

https://mobile.twitter.com/maxseddon/tweets

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 344
It my opinion that if some of the powers got together and went in there with their military might, you know like seal team, special forces, from multiple nations the rebels would stand down. that's just my opinion. putin is in control of the rebels, I'm thinking. It's his game. jmo idk

Isn't that equal to declaring war?

loose cannons are scary

This one particularly. He often has no tact nor diplomacy and has his foot firmly in his mouth much of the time. It's a scary situation and he needs to exercise restraint, but he has another agenda I believe. I have said since he became Prime Minister he's just waiting on an excuse to go to war.

It's my opinion that as long as nothing is being done to stop him, he will continue to "acquire" property and kill people along the way. He doesn't care about people dying, jmo If ha cared he would have allowed the bodies to be removed. He is covering his tracks. jmo

Thank you, marlywings.

Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one
I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one

..............John Lennon

2z8t4j5.jpg

International Outcry Over Treatment of MH17 Victims Grows

KUALA LUMPUR, Malaysia - International outrage mounted over the treatment of the bodies of MH17's innocent victims on Saturday. The Malaysian government led the charge in demanding the remains of passengers strewn across a field in eastern Ukraine be treated with "dignity and respect."

"Investigators and the public in Malaysia are increasingly upset that the bodies are still left in a field," a government source told NBC News. International monitors trying to investigate the crash site were going to try and visit it again on Saturday, after being turned away a day earlier by armed pro-Russian rebels described as drunk and rude. The outcry came as public criticism of Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin grew globally...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/uk...cry-over-treatment-mh17-victims-grows-n160096

"There didn't seem to be anyone really in control," Michael Bociurkiw, spokesman for the Organization for Security and Co-operation in Europe team, told CNN's Christiane Amanpour.

The OSCE investigators are not "Americans". They are civilian investigators with no political agenda. They are no threat to the rebels. Their goal is to investigate.

http://www.cnn.com/2014/07/18/world/europe/ukraine-malaysia-airlines-crash/

Waking up here on the West Coast of the US to the latest updates on WS and MSM leaves me utterly saddened :cry:

I'm left with no answers as to how to resolve this, without escalating the situation on a worldwide scale. :moo: I weep for the souls lost. Each and every person, innocent in my eyes, and the children and the animals, all so defenseless! :no:

How can we bring them home? How can we allow them the dignity they deserve? My heart aches as the stories of their lives and those who survive them are brought to light. It's just not right! :no:

The conflict that has gripped the area has now risen to a level that the world has no choice but to do something. But what? How? When? Will their decision affect us all?

I pray with every fiber of my being that the choices they make are the right ones. I am bewildered, and so very thankful that I don't have to make those decisions.

If only everyone were able to see what marlywings posted earlier:

Imagine there's no countries It isn't hard to do Nothing to kill or die for And no religion too Imagine all the people Living life in peace... You may say I'm a dreamer But I'm not the only one I hope someday you'll join us And the world will be as one ..............John Lennon

y3a3ary9.jpg

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showpost.php?p=10766393

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

but if Putin has no concerns about that he is more of a loose cannon the most other civilzed nations who know what he would do if we invade what he considers part of Russia

IMO we have to ask ourselves what do we think our allies leaders would do if someone invaded london rome etc could be nasty

and in all honesty they have cleaned up stuff at the site, its wrecked, they are putting bodies in heaps they have piled up suitcases in nice little piles, parts have been stepped on , it rained, fire supression spray has been sitting on the parts, flies are eating the bodies, maggots are probably beginning, stuff stolen

as far as accident investigation goes it is really not gonna give authentic info

now some are going to say so your saying give up "no". I am saying it is out of our control- gotta look at like who would spend millions to get invalid info, which in reality is not going to do much

I vote the wreckage will remain there for decades - they certainly are not gonna pay to move a jumbo jet that is spread out over miles

and russia has a decent investigation agency i would not be surprised if they are just saying ahhh lets wait a bit, then we will say to the world come on in, knowing full well its a wreck site that has been ruined- and then after they gice the go ahead it will takes weeks to get stuff just in there -- reporters in cars taking a long time to get there

look at the time needed to mount MAL370 activity .

Who is going to pay for all this?

Thank you zwie...

Here's another tweet:

max seddon (@maxseddon) tweeted at 6:32am - 19 Jul 14:

Some rebels seem as shocked as everyone else. "How could they let a plane fly over here?" said a man with a huge sniper rifle at checkpoint. (https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/490489477375483904)

:sigh:
:(

other than picking up bodies, luggage personal effects etc. what really matters here.
job one from my point of view is making sure that the families of the deceased have an opportunity to lay their loved ones to rest.
The political stuff just doesn't matter to me JMO

One of the many faces of a life lost and a future gone..May you rest in peace

24 year old Canadian Andrei Angel was a 2nd year medical student from Ajax, Ontario who was on his way to Bali for a vacation with his German girlfriend (not sure if she was on this flight as well)

His parents applied for a Visa to come to Canada and after many years they were granted the visa and moved the family to Canada from Romania in hopes of a better life

Andrei Anghel, medical student from Ontario, identified as Canadian victim in MH17 disaster

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...entified-as-canadian-victim-in-mh17-disaster/

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news...dren-aids-experts-and-others/article19672910/

Thank you, marlywings.

And thank you, bessie, for bringing marly's beautiful post over. I wish we would sticky it to the top of each thread. (And sadly, I'm afraid there are going to be many many new threads/posts before this comes to any kind of conclusion :( ).

WARNING: It has been mentioned that some of the photos are gruesome. I might also note that even the descriptions of the crash site are getting rather hard to take, so please everyone read articles with caution.

Thoughts and prayers for the families of the victims, the poor "average citizens" who are dealing directly with this catastrophe right in their daily lives, the reporters and inspectors, and for the people in power...all of them...praying that cool heads and open hearts prevail.

max seddon (@maxseddon) tweeted at 2:12am - 19 Jul 14:

Rebels denying access to #MH17 crash site until "investigative brigade" finishes work. Won't say where the bodies are being taken. (https://twitter.com/maxseddon/status/490423811201064960)

This tweet was posted approximately 5 hours ago

:(

Posting this map because it shows the absolute impossibility (in my opinion) of any team/org/nation going in and forcibly collecting the dead and the wreckage if Russia doesn't want them too.

Russia is simply too big and too close. It would be like trying to take something from Toronto, if the US didn't want them to.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    203.3 KB · Views: 323
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics