CANADA Canada - Rachael Bagnall, 25, & Jonathan Jette, 34, Pemberton, BC, 4 September 2010

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
ZAhFtOb.jpg

http://globalnews.ca/news/1461325/watch-adventurous-couple-goes-missing-in-the-back-country/

25-year old Rachael Bagnall and her boyfriend 34-year old Jonathan Jette disappeared while hiking in rugged terrain. In early September 2010, Bagnall and Jette were living in the Lower Mainland and planned a two-day hike in the mountains north of Pemberton.

Two days after they were expected back, authorities found Jette’s car parked on the Spetch Creek forest service road. The vehicle, a four-door Toyota Echo, contained his cell phone. Records show Jette made no calls after September 3. Bank statements reveal his last purchase was at a Squamish Tim Hortons on the morning of September 4.

An extensive air search was conducted for the hikers involving multiple helicopters working three at a time. Numerous search and rescue and police teams also scoured the mountainous region all without success. This may have been a back country accident but so far no evidence of the couple has ever turned up, including the camping gear they carried with them.

FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Jonathan-Jette-and-Rachel-Bagnall/145670922141704

Jonathan and Rachael have been missing 10 years today.

In 2018, pieces of clothing and equipment were found near the area where they disappeared. After a long wait, it was established that these did not belong to them.

Prayers for the family on this difficult day, and especially for Lise, Jonathan's mom, who keeps the world informed on the FB page about Jonathan and Rachael.

Last year, she wrote:

On September 9 2010, we learned that Jonathan and Rachael had disappeared. It was the worst moment of our live and we have been living it for nine years now. We do not even know if they managed to get on the mountain, Jonathan was injured on one knee. Nobody saw them up there all weekend, Nothing belonging to them was found. Vanished, they just vanished, nobody can disappear without leaving a trace. Please pray for their return, I am unable to leave my son no matter where he is. I want to tell Jonathan that I love him so much, I miss him everyday of my life.

Jonathan Jette and Rachel Bagnall

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
julandken
Back