1001 users online (177 members and 824 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

FL - Raymond Frolander caught sexually abusing 11yo, Daytona Beach, July 2014

Florida Father Beats Accused Child Abuser

The father called 911 around 1 a.m. after he walked in on the alleged abuse, police said. When officers arrived, they found Raymond Frolander motionless on the living room floor. He had several knots on his face and was bleeding from the mouth.

#"He is nice and knocked out on the floor for you," the father told the 911 dispatcher. "I drug him out to the living room."

Terrible that this happened to a child. Wonderful that the child's father caught the sicko in the act and was able to mete out some justice, IMO.

Photo of accused child molester Raymond Frolander at link.

Enjoy explaining your injuries to your cellmates, Frolander.

!WARNING!
    This poster specializes in broad assumptions!

Police Chief Chitwood is taking some heat for his comments (below), but I have to totally agree with him:

"Daytona Beach Police Chief Michael Chitwood, asked by a local CNN affiliate whether he had any issue with the father's actions, said: "Not as a police chief and not as a father."

http://touch.baltimoresun.com/#secti.../p2p-80848175/

(I watched a reality series featuring Mr Chitwood a few years ago, when he was taking over a police department in the mid-west and was impressed with his leadership abilities. Glad to see he is now in Daytona.)

Quote Originally Posted by blondie in spokane View Post
    police chief chitwood is taking some heat for his comments (below), but i have to totally agree with him:

"daytona beach police chief michael chitwood, asked by a local cnn affiliate whether he had any issue with the father's actions, said: "not as a police chief and not as a father."

(i watched a reality series featuring mr chitwood a few years ago, when he was taking over a police department in the mid-west and was impressed with his leadership abilities. Glad to see he is now in daytona.)

rbbm. Thank you, Chief Chitwood! You are appreciated!

I'm always suspicious of articles that claim someone is "causing a media stir" without including examples or links to the "stir" -- it always comes off more like, "We are trying to cause a stir..." but what do I know?

I can't see how anyone could say that this father acted wrongly or should be prosecuted for his actions. He did not plot revenge in this case when it would have been best left to law enforcement; he merely reacted instantly to the real-time abuse to his child. The perp was injured while the child was being rescued from a very serious assault.

God bless this child, the father, and their entire family as they heal -- and God bless Chief Chitwood.

JMO

!WARNING!
    This poster specializes in broad assumptions!

Quote Originally Posted by Blondie in Spokane View Post
    Police Chief Chitwood is taking some heat for his comments (below), but I have to totally agree with him:

"Daytona Beach Police Chief Michael Chitwood, asked by a local CNN affiliate whether he had any issue with the father's actions, said: "Not as a police chief and not as a father."

(I watched a reality series featuring Mr Chitwood a few years ago, when he was taking over a police department in the mid-west and was impressed with his leadership abilities. Glad to see he is now in Daytona.)
    I totally agree with his statement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

Good job Dad!!!! How truly awful of a situation, for the son and father. Glad the father handled it the way he did, I don't condone pointless violence but I can't think of a situation more appropriate than this to hand out a beating!
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

'My son saved his attacker's life': Father who pounded man he saw raping his son, 11, into a 'bloody puddle' claims the boy stopped him killing the pedophile as he says his family refuse to hide

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ile-death.html

According to the latest CNN article at the time of this posting, the father is now soliciting funds on a popular fundraising site.

After the boy's assault and his attacker's beating became national news, the father reportedly posted the photo on Facebook saying he needed $1 million to pay for the boy's care after the assault. He also set up a [fundraising site name redacted because of Websleuths' policy] page, which Chitwood derided as a "disaster."
    Last edited by rabidstoat; 07-23-2014 at 03:35 PM. Reason: clarifying what the web site edited out

Quote Originally Posted by rabidstoat View Post
    According to the latest CNN article at the time of this posting, the father is now soliciting funds on a popular fundraising site.
    Hmmmmm

One mil? I sure hope this wasn't a scam/set üp from the beginning.
    Last edited by Blondie in Spokane; 07-23-2014 at 04:59 PM.

There are cultures where forced marriages and honour killings are utilized to punish the victim for getting raped. That is quite a contrast to this story, where the rapist is the one getting punishment from the family.

blurbs from that DailyMail article include:

The father created a ******** donations page asking for $1million for his son - but later took it down
    Frolander lived next door to 11-year-old and his father with the victim's biological mother. The suspect's stepmother is engaged to victim's father

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz38KcD1CYm
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

Thud....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nosy by Nature and a Websleuther by choice

the fundraising site has apparently been taken down. But this case is .... I don't know. Yuck all around. Usually just so sad but this is a bit different... And showing pics of the dad is not protecting the identity of the son much.

Hope all involved are able to get the help they need.
    "A word after a word after a word is power."
    ~Margaret Atwood~

When I telling my hubby about this story, I had googled it and saw the pic of the dad, and I said "if I was a child predator I probably wouldn't pick one who's father looked like that", whic goes to show you, a predator is going to take advantage of whomever they have the chance to, it's all about the availability and ease of access. Makes me sick!
    'Every life has a measure of sorrow, and sometimes this is what awakens us.' - Steven Tyler

'Teen sex molester' beaten to a pulp by victim's father pleads NOT guilty as dad reveals his family has been torn apart by the attack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...rt-attack.html

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast