Post verdict discussions #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

marlywings

Former Member
Reaction score
Gerard Baden-Clay given life sentence for murder of wife Allison

Former Brisbane real estate agent Gerard Baden-Clay has been given a life sentence for murdering his wife Allison in April 2012.

A Supreme Court jury on Tuesday found the 43-year-old guilty of murdering the mother of three at their Brookfield home and disposing of her body under the Kholo Creek Bridge, more than 13 kilometres away.

Baden-Clay, who had protested his innocence in the witness box, faces a non-parole period of 15 years.

Allison's family shouted "yes" as the verdict was read out, while security asked for a short break because Baden-Clay was struggling to breathe.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-07-15/gerard-baden-clay-guilty-of-killing-wife-allison/5548628

Post verdict #1

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you Inspector Mark Ainsworth:
""I think he's one of the lowest forms of life you could ever meet. He's got a lot to answer to his children."

That letter Allison wrote clearly tells me she had become very aware she was dealing with a manipulator. Asking him to write his answers down is so that he can't later turn around and deny saying it or claim she took it the wrong way, misunderstood etc. She became dangerous to him, as I've said before, she could expose him as the liar and cheat he was and also what a poor excuse for a husband he was and his abject failure as a businessman. He couldn't risk her exposing him as the giant fraud he is. That was as much his motive as the money he stood to gain from murdering her.

Agree, Allison's letter was scathing and forceful it was as though she was finally in control.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Thank you Inspector Mark Ainsworth:
""I think he's one of the lowest forms of life you could ever meet. He's got a lot to answer to his children."

so true, I felt watching that if any had any doubts they certainly couldnt after watching that. Those poor girls - my heart just feels so much for them, I hope they feel the care of others.

I was crying during the letter but at the same time wanting to stand up and applaud her. He so did not deserve her.

I've watched 60 mins online now but can't find the video for the sunday night interviews. can anyone point me in the right direction please?

I think TM has done some reflecting but still protesteth too much in some places. But then i think for her own mental health she probably can't admit that her pressure on G and the affair contributed to what happened.

I had to chuckle when I heard his wedding speech went for an hour and a half OMG and it was about him, no wonder he wanted to get up on the stand and talk about himself again.

Sorry as this has probably been asked before but when did Allison write this letter?

*stands up and claps for Allison writing that letter!!!

I agree with Mark Ainsworth....TM did not have anything to do with the murder. After watching 60 minutes I have to say...she is terrified of the "what if" she ended up with him. She came across as someone scared witless about the possibility of it having been her. A couple of times Tara Brown asked her a question about her role in the affair she was going to sort of downplay it but she took ownership
...I think that showed a bit of integrity. Still don't like her or what she did but I gotta give credit where credit is due. I think 60 minutes did a good job...

TMcHugh not buying what she is selling. Whats with the long pauses if you are genuinely remorseful and speaking from the heart it would just flow would it not? Her body language seems off not quite right just something I cannot put my finger on exactly. It seemed fake she was saying the right words but it did not come across as genuine to me. Al's letter was sad but it was an insight into her beginning to regain her voice within the marriage she was the one making demands this time not him!! I bet that was a first for him her starting to stick it to him waking up from the nightmare of him. I wouldnt be surprised if that narcissist evesdropping had seem that letter on the computer they are always snooping around ie. baby monitors and he knew the game was up he was being found out. Those men are always sneaking around spying on you in their paranoia they always think you are up to the same things that they are up to. I would not be surprised if he didnt have spyware on her computer and was able to access her documents emails etc.

I actually think the app on the phone was more for him to track her than the other way around. It was his suggestion after all. It would of been presented to her look if we put this on our phones we can see exactly where each other is at all times he knowing being the inspector gadget man he could disable it whenever he wanted to.

Hi GMT1966

Of course, if someone has 2 or more phones... You can leave the one with the 'tracking app' anywhere (work..., home..., car..., parents' place...) and use secondary phones where you actually are.

I'm not suggesting Allison did this.

If GBC set this tracking app on both their phones in agreement with Allison (her determined to be proactive in improving the hope/'trust' in their relationship) I'm sure he'd know this obvious way to get around their 'agreement'.

It'd be an 'easy deceit' for him, and sadly a 'convincing loyal' where Allison was concerned.

GBC would not track Allison to check she was faithful. He'd check she was 'outta the way and occupied' as he went about his 'other life/lusts/debase activities'.

I actually think the app on the phone was more for him to track her than the other way around. It was his suggestion after all. It would of been presented to her look if we put this on our phones we can see exactly where each other is at all times he knowing being the inspector gadget man he could disable it whenever he wanted to.

Interesting to hear TMcH say that when they reconnected that day in the coffee shop, that GBC had taken his Wedding Ring off - he was not wearing one.
Another scenario he sets up with the purpose and intention.
I'm sure he put the ring back on as soon as he drove into the home driveway.

Hi Figtree

Yeah : GBC didn't fling his wedding ring to the curb.

Took it on and off : as a means to suit his 'end'.

And later GBC wore it during the court case!

Interesting to hear TMcH say that when they reconnected that day in the coffee shop, that GBC had taken his Wedding Ring off - he was not wearing one.
Another scenario he sets up with the purpose and intention.
I'm sure he put the ring back on as soon as he drove into the home driveway.

OK, Im being picky here - but TMcH mentions that on that night she spoke to GBC (regarding her relationship and what was happening with it between her and GBC) -
I was under the impression that their phone call was in the afternoon.
60 minutes 5:30sec
http://sixtyminutes.ninemsn.com.au/videoindex.aspx

I agree with Mark Ainsworth....TM did not have anything to do with the murder. After watching 60 minutes I have to say...she is terrified of the "what if" she ended up with him. She came across as someone scared witless about the possibility of it having been her. A couple of times Tara Brown asked her a question about her role in the affair she was going to sort of downplay it but she took ownership
...I think that showed a bit of integrity. Still don't like her or what she did but I gotta give credit where credit is due. I think 60 minutes did a good job...

He didn't actually have real feelings for TM or any of the other women he had affairs with, so I don't think TM was the motive. He just strung her along. I wonder if him contacting her again after Allison found out was part of his plan - to make TM a suspect and take the heat off him?

Hi GMT1966

Of course, if someone has 2 or more phones... You can leave the one with the 'tracking app' anywhere (work..., home..., car..., parents' place...) and use secondary phones where you actually are.

I'm not suggesting Allison did this.

If GBC set this tracking app on both their phones in agreement with Allison (her determined to be proactive in improving the hope/'trust' in their relationship) I'm sure he'd know this obvious way to get around their 'agreement'.

It'd be an 'easy deceit' for him, and sadly a 'convincing loyal' where Allison was concerned.

GBC would not track Allison to check she was faithful. He'd check she was 'outta the way and occupied' as he went about his 'other life/lusts/debase activities'.

..and ensure she's not talking to anyone, spilling the beans about what a big bungholio he was!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CSIFLGIRL46