GUILTY Australia - Dane McNeill, 20, body found burned in Sydney park, 19 July 2014

I drive past there a few times a week and it always gives me the heebie jeebies. From memory there have been a few bodies found around there.

The link posted by zwiebel has been updated to say it is the body of a man.
And an interview with a local lady saying she heard a loud bang this morning at around 4.30am

'Police are looking into the possibility that a dead man was taken into a Sydney park, dumped and then set alight.'

https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/2450886...mains-may-have-been-moved-to-lambeth-reserve/

Mmmm. So maybe the bang the local resident heard wasn't a shot (which was my first thought) but an explosion as some highly flammable substance was set alight?

I wouldn't be surprised if whoever did it got a little burnt themselves.

20 year old Dane McNeill from narellan

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 119
I can't imagine he would have been still alive when set alight, as people nearby would have heard him screaming, surely? Unless he'd been bound and gagged I guess...

I can't imagine he would have been still alive when set alight, as people nearby would have heard him screaming, surely? Unless he'd been bound and gagged I guess...

Yes me either. It would also mean that someone had kept him alive for 3 days.

Just horrific. This is the second Australian case in recent weeks where torture and drugs seem to be a factor. It's really disturbing. :(

'The family of a man whose burned body was found in a park have expressed their horror at his death.
The badly burned body of Dane McNeill, 20, was found by a council worker, who was preparing to open the gate at the Lambeth Street Reserve at Picnic Point, on a roadway just after 5am on Monday.
The man's burns were so severe efforts to identify him and his age had been difficult.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-McNeill-body-badly-burned.html#ixzz38IYBqDru

Just horrific. This is the second Australian case in recent weeks where torture and drugs seem to be a factor. It's really disturbing. :(

'The family of a man whose burned body was found in a park have expressed their horror at his death.
The badly burned body of Dane McNeill, 20, was found by a council worker, who was preparing to open the gate at the Lambeth Street Reserve at Picnic Point, on a roadway just after 5am on Monday.
The man's burns were so severe efforts to identify him and his age had been difficult.'

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...-McNeill-body-badly-burned.html#ixzz38IYBqDru[/QUOTE

One of the articles said he'd been at Campbelltown Court on Wednesday 16th, where he'd been charged with all that, and he had pleaded guilty. Sounds like there were people out there who did not want him to reappear in court on the Monday for the sentencing... Perhaps they were worried about what else may be revealed?? I read that his parents reported him missing on the Friday afternoon but that he also had a phone conversation with his mum around that time, telling her he was 'driving around with friends' and not to worry. He should have just sat tight at home between the court appearances! Terrible to be dumped like that. When the council workers arrived early on Monday, they could see smoke, which is what alerted them. Sounds like he had been dumped and set alight there quite recently then...

This is just my own opinion, but hopefully it won't take police overly long to find out who committed this appalling act. Just doesn't have the air of seasoned criminals (relatively speaking) about it, or multi-national drug trafficking operations. More like juvenile delinquents turned really, really bad not that long after being unleashed from school or their parents... Scared of 'being busted' and yet not all that smart or sophisticated to prevent themselves from 'getting busted'. With this, I am referring to the perpetrators of this crime.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/new...busted-for-drugs/story-fn3dxiwe-1226999959699

New info in the story at the above link.

In my own opinion, this drugs association doesn't just pop up in the course of two months ... There would have been a somewhat long history, in my own opinion, that gradually built up to this. And, yes, one's peer group and social circle does have a lot to do with it...
So now we hear that he was charged back in May and that he'd been caught out by police on numerous occasions. Also, that his girlfriend was into it along with him. I'll bet she won't be disclosing anything for fear of her own life, even if she knows more ... (again, my view only).
Someone posted a link earlier on to Dane's FB profile......................................
And he wasn't reported missing until Sunday afternoon.
The more I think about this story, it just beggars belief as to how some young people can be so DUMB. They sound like a bunch of amateurs. Feel sorry for the family.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...-at-picnic-point/story-fni0cx4q-1226999832163

Another interesting read about this case ... More details emerge as the days go by, and the parents seemingly under the blowtorch as well, to some degree - perhaps all round disbelief as to how this young man could go so far off the rails??
There is mention of a violent attack at his workplace, but then an incredulous comment from his father - some hope that Dane turning to drugs after that attack would 'calm him down', but he went in the opposite direction?!!!! What does one expect, with ice and ecstasy? It's not like he was only smoking the occasional joint to relax!!!
Then the comment about his girlfriend 'also doing it tough'... well - she was in the thick of the drugs herself, so she's lucky to be alive!
Upthread I had made a comment about all of this being able to have been prevented, if Dane had just gone home to his parents for the weekend and sat tight there, pending his court appearance. Bingo - that's exactly what the police recommended he do: in spite of there being the risk he would re-offend, they thought the risk could be mitigated if he stayed with his parents under a strict curfew. Was that curfew enforced? No! Perhaps it was beyond the parents' ability to enforce it, but then one reads that they actually asked Dane to leave .... !! How's that going to help the young man and keep him out of trouble? Seems like that catapulted him into none other than the home of his likewise drug dealing girlfriend...
All a very unfortunate tale. Dane may well have been beyond many peoples' control, but not sure whether the parents really did everything known to man to help, certainly not from how this report is written. If it were my son and he was evidently beyond control, then I would go back to the police and tell them that the bail conditions are unenforceable and Plan B may need to be implemented, for the sake of keeping him alive!
MOO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
idrainuk
Back