1292 users online (233 members and 1059 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Congrats!!! Wish they would give credit where credit is due. :/
    Last edited by Tony1902; 08-16-2016 at 03:37 PM. Reason: Add more thanks
    "Fall down seven times, get up eight."

Awesome job Carl!

Cool! Congrats Carl!!!

What a shame if they have finally found an identity, and can't find the correct body!

So have these other families been going to the wrong grave sites all thes years? Or are there that many people buried in the paupers grave section of that time period?

Quote Originally Posted by 1&2&3 View Post
    What a shame if they have finally found an identity, and can't find the correct body!

So have these other families been going to the wrong grave sites all thes years? Or are there that many people buried in the paupers grave section of that time period?
    It appears that they finally found the correct body. The bodies were buried in unmarked graves in a "potters field" section of the cemetery, so the mistakenly exhumed bodies were either UID's or indigents. It's likely that there weren't any families visiting the wrong graves.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-17-2016 at 01:54 AM.

I checked with Michael Nance, and he says that Francine Frost's grandson called in the possible match to the Tulsa PD before I had called it in, So I will go ahead and change the thread flag back from Match! to Identified!. No prob. I don't want to take credit for the match if someone else beat me to the submission.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 08-17-2016 at 02:36 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I checked with Michael Nance, and he says that Francine Frost's grandson called in the possible match to the Tulsa PD before I had called it in, So I will go ahead and change the thread flag back from Match! to Identified!. No prob. I don't want to take credit for the match if someone else beat me to the submission.
    I always read it like he contacted them, they started looking into it, but rereading it, it sounds like they were already looking into where the remains were buried

Quote Originally Posted by CarlK90245 View Post
    I submitted this last night to Michael Nance by e-mail, and I got this reply:
    Looks good. I have contacted the PD and OCME. Apparently the body is lost but there may be dentals on both sides. Let’s cross out fingers that this works. If it is an ID looks like the Tulsa PD Cold Case Unit has a homicide to work.

I just recieved a clarification from the daughter of Francine Frost.

My son Cory found your posts Dec. 5th ,2014 while doing countless internet searches for his grandmother.

We then began contacting OCME which resulted in 2 exhumations, a year long DNA identification process and a private graveside service Sept 16th! NONE of this would have been possible without your work!!
    So in fact this is a WS Match!. I am resetting the flag accordingly.

Great job Carl! Sure does take awhile for identifications...2 years! Takes alot of patience to wait and see if it's a match. Thanks for the inspiration, Carl!

Families with missing loved ones find support, hope at UNT Health Science Center

One family that has found resolution is the Frost clan from Kansas.

Francine Frost went missing from a grocery store parking lot in 1981.

But the family had few answers until she was positively identified last year. Her killer hasn't been caught.

"I'll never forget the phone call, the panic, and the disbelief. You don't know what to do," says Vicki Curl, Francine's daughter.

They attended the event to help other families know that even after 35 years, answers can be found.

"Don't give up," says Vicki. "We can't exhume bodies on our own. We have to have people that care so we want to inspire the volunteers, please don't stop caring about us."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/families-wi...nter/445797594

Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Families with missing loved ones find support, hope at UNT Health Science Center

One family that has found resolution is the Frost clan from Kansas.

Francine Frost went missing from a grocery store parking lot in 1981.

But the family had few answers until she was positively identified last year. Her killer hasn't been caught.

"I'll never forget the phone call, the panic, and the disbelief. You don't know what to do," says Vicki Curl, Francine's daughter.

They attended the event to help other families know that even after 35 years, answers can be found.

"Don't give up," says Vicki. "We can't exhume bodies on our own. We have to have people that care so we want to inspire the volunteers, please don't stop caring about us."

http://www.wfaa.com/news/families-wi...nter/445797594
    I was at the Missing in North Texas event in Fort Worth yesterday, and was very excited to be able to meet Francine's daughter Vicki Frost-Curl, and her sons (Francine's grandsons) Cory and Chris Curl. I appear at the 1:25 mark of that newsclip, talking to Vicki and Cory. I have some video of their speeches and their video presentation that I will post here once I get it all uploaded to YouTube.

This is a doubly tragic story, in that Francine's other daughter (and Vicki's sister) Karen committed suicide a couple of years after Francine's disappearance. Her suicide was attributed to the depression caused by her mother's disappearance.
    Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-08-2017 at 09:20 PM.

Here's the first clip of Francine's grandson Cory Curl.

Last edited by CarlK90245; 06-05-2017 at 05:43 PM.

Here is the second clip - Chris Curl, the younger of Francine's two grandsons.

... and the third clip - Vicki Frost-Curl - Daughter of Francine Frost.

Such a wonderful tribute from a loving family, very moving.
    Trust Your Instincts

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast