865 users online (171 members and 694 guests)  

Websleuths News

FL - "One of us is going to die soon."

About a week before Susana Mateo Jose was found hanging from a tree in her back yard, her mother said she told her something chilling:

"One of us is going to die soon."

Jose's mother, Ana Miguel, prodded her 18-year-old daughter about why she made such a statement. Her daughter never said why.

On Friday afternoon, Jose was caring for her siblings while her parents were at work, the family said. When the children got hungry they went looking for her. Five-year-old Jesus found her hanging from the tree.

Just when I think that I have seen the most depraved things a human can do to another human, somebody posts a new story...........

Why is it that when a custodial parent fails to provide for a child it is called neglect and is a criminal matter. But when a non custodial parent fails to provide it is called failure to support and is a civil matter?

"Just when the caterpillar thought its world was over, it became a butterfly" ~ Michelle Knight

I'm not sure this is considered a crime. It sounds like she was stressed about her circumstances. I did think it was cool that Rigoberta Manchu was involved. I had to read her book in my Mexican American studies a few years back and she is an amazing woman. She had such a hard life, yet she is so grateful and optimistic. Good read, it's called "I Rigaberta" (I think!)