872 users online (143 members and 729 guests)  

Websleuths News

PA - Susan Ward, 64, Starrucca, 19 July 2014

Susan Ward left her home at King Hill Road, 7:30 a.m. Saturday on foot. State police said Ms. Ward has a history of depression.

She is described as white, 5 feet, 2 inches, 165 pounds, with blue eyes and dirty blond hair. She may have been wearing a purple top.

Police said it is not known if she is armed and should be approached with caution.

A search party was assembled Sunday night at the Northern Wayne Fire Company to look for a missing woman... Kerzic said that “about 30 people” searched for Ward. A canine search unit was also on scene for the day...

Kerzic said Ward was last seen walking north on King Hill Road. “We don't know much about why she went missing,” he explained. He added that there is no evidence of foul play at this time.

Lots of farm land, woods and fields with barns, other outbuildings and ponds to search. Rural area just north of Scranton. Mostly country roads. Traffic looks like it would be limited to those who actually live there or really familiar with the area. Hoping she is found safe.
    The following post is strictly just my opinion based on my interpretation of what has been written in Main Street Media, Private Newspapers and other posts to this site. Unless I have provided a link ---- any information should not be considered to be anything more than that.
    I’m still here because the shadow in my mind gave me a place to hide until it was safe to come out.

Foothills of SC
    Did she own a gun, and they can't find it? It's not usually mentioned in a missing person statement like that unless they really think it's the case. I wonder who saw her leave? Since they're not sure what she had on, that is odd too. I suppose it will all be clarified at some point.

La Luna
    Is she married?

According the Pennsylvania State Police (PSP), Honesdale, Susan Ward, 64, of Starrucca left her residence on King Hill Road July 19 at around 7:30 a.m. and did not return home.

PSP issued a release Monday afternoon stating that Ward had been located.

Wayne County Coroner Edward Howell confirmed Monday afternoon that a body was found off King Hill Road. He added that an examination is scheduled for Tuesday morning and an official identification will be released after the procedure.

Awaiting Coroner Howell's Official Identification, and Announcement*

PA - Susan Ward, 64, Starrucca, 19 July 2014

Tue. Jul 22: http://m.thetimes-tribune.com/news/r...2014-1.1722713:

"...State Police at Honesdale said Susan Ward, 64, of Starrucca, in Wayne County was ... found.

She was reported missing at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday..."

Mon. Jul 21 via OkieGranny: http://www.wayneindependent.com/arti...NEWS/140729935

Sat. Jul 19: http://www.recordonline.com/apps/pbc...WS%2F140719694:

"Police said Ward had been undergoing treatment at a hospital

for depression, and inclinations of suicide."

Our Thanks To Her All Of Her Searchers.
    Last edited by Richrd; 07-22-2014 at 02:40 PM.

Couldn't find anything stating that the body found has been positively ID'd as Susan, but I did find her obituary: