Found Deceased OK - Maxwell Barnes, 76, Duncan, 11 July 2014

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
JyMU89n.jpg

http://www.dothaneagle.com/enterpri...cle_d2cd722e-1122-11e4-a8ab-0017a43b2370.html

The missing New Brockton man and a woman arrested following a high-speed chase in Oklahoma last week were together in multiple states, according to documents found during a search of a vehicle, but there has not been a sign of the man for almost two weeks. Also found in the vehicle was a large blood stain on a sheet.

Maxwell Barnes, 76, was last seen 11 or 12 days ago, according to reports from relatives of Barnes. He had been traveling with Barbara Wood, 45, of Greenville. Wood was arrested on July 15 following a high-speed chase that started in Duncan, Oklahoma, and ended about 30 miles later near the town of Ratliff City.

Wood was out on bail awaiting trial on a 2012 murder charge in Alabama. She allegedly killed 40-year-old Steven Faulk of Greenville.

http://www.news9.com/story/26048350...urder-caught-after-high-speed-chase-in-duncan

Police said Wood traveled more than 700 miles away from home to Duncan with Maxwell Barnes, 75, who is from Alabama but has relatives in Duncan.

The two were spotted around town recently, but Barnes was nowhere to be found. Wood showed up at a gas station, located at 12th and Bois D’arc, early Wednesday morning by herself...

While Wood sits in jail, detectives hope the public can help them find Barnes. News 9 learned he was staying with relatives in Duncan and with a woman, believed to be Wood... “Now, it’s been four days since he’s been seen,” said Det. Byers.

Video at link:

http://www.kswo.com/story/26229380/missing-mans-family-seeks-answers-in-duncan

Liz McLearen said Barnes had told them he had married Wood and they had come to Duncan to make a new start... McLearen also believes Barnes was spotted by a witness, walking along some railroad tracks the day before the chase and that his body could be somewhere in the thick brush and trees nearby...

Barnes is from Alabama, like the suspected killer, Barbara Wood, and he has two sons there. McLearen says they have not been heard from in some time either.

His two sons are also missing? What... ?

http://www.wsfa.com/story/26238172/murder-suspect-tied-to-case-of-missing-coffee-county-man

"We believe that foul play is involved in the disappearance of Mr. Barnes. We have searched an area here in Duncan and we are planning another search soon and we have cell phone and other information that we are following up on. We have sent some items for testing to the Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation for DNA analysis," Detective Byers told WSFA 12 News...

"She used the gentleman, was using his assets and probably his money. I sure hope we find this gentleman and I hope he's alive when we do," said Coffee County Sheriff Dave Sutton...

A renowned search and recovery team called Texas Equusearch is helping search for Barnes.

http://www.dothaneagle.com/enterpri...cle_2bc970d2-8179-11e4-9c56-97ff3559dab4.html

Last seen in early July, Maxwell Barnes appears to have disappeared as far as authorities can tell. There has been no new evidence as to the whereabouts of the 73-year-old New Brockton man...

Wood remains in Stephens County (Oklahoma) Jail. Her chase exceeded 100-miles-per-hour at times before she lost control of her vehicle and was apprehended. A store owner had called police regarding an intoxicated woman who wanted to fight. When police arrived, Wood gave a false name and quickly fled the scene...

During the search of Barnes’ burgundy Hyundai Wood was driving, investigators found documents, prescription medication not prescribed to her, and computer-related items. Pawn shop receipts showed that she had been with Barnes in Duncan. Wood’s car later turned up in a salvage yard.

http://www.duncanbanner.com/news/su...cle_354cabf6-a5e6-11e4-b518-07c062be870f.html

Barbara Wood, 45, wanted for murder in Alabama and caught in Duncan this summer following a high-speed chase on State Highway 7, is also due in court on charges of endangering others while eluding an officer, assault and driving a vehicle under the influence of drugs.

The man traveling with Wood before she was arrested, Maxwell Barnes, 74, remains missing and is believed by police to have fallen victim to foul play.

January 2015:

Barbara Wood, wanted for murder in Alabama, pleaded guilty Wednesday to four charges related to leading police on a high-speed chase in which an officer had to use the push bar of his squad car to prevent her from hitting another officer...

District Judge Ken Graham sentenced her to a total of seven years in the Department of Corrections and $2,400 in fines.

“I expect after she’s sent to the DOC, she’ll be sent back to Alabama for charges there,” Graham said.

A 74-year-old New Brockton, Ala. man she was traveling with remains missing and police believe he may have met with foul play.

http://m.duncanbanner.com/news/alab...f7a-a77e-11e4-9527-074cd02faac8.html?mode=jqm

September 2015:

After time on the run and time behind bars in Oklahoma, Barbara Wood, 46, has been extradited to Alabama and is back in the Butler County Jail...

When Wood fled Butler County, she met up with an elderly Coffee County man she befriended named Maxwell Barnes. Authorities say she was using Barnes for his money...

Detectives in Duncan, Oklahoma said DNA results from blood found on Maxwell Barnes' check book recovered from Barbara Wood's car came back to that of a male, further fueling their concerns about his safety. Officials have not revealed whether or not the blood was a match to Barnes after additional forensic tests were done...

Butler County authorities remain tight-lipped on the case involving Maxwell Barnes Thursday, saying only that it remains under investigation...

Wood had an additional charge tacked onto the list when she was booked into the Butler County Jail after she was transferred from prison in Oklahoma. She’s now accused of promoting prison contraband. Court documents state that after Wood was placed in the female dorm, other inmates contacted staff members at the facility and told them that Wood was pulling items out of her rectum.

Correctional staff recovered a total of 38 pills that Wood had in a glove in her rectum, according to court records.

http://www.fox10tv.com/story/29957782/butler-co-murder-suspect-who-skipped-trial-now-back-in-al

:what:

I despise people who take advantage of the elderly. My grandparents had a woman try to take advantage of them and even convinced them to let her move in with the promise of helping around the house. They called me within hours of her moving in telling me she had their van and did not know where she was. I cannot tell you how angry I was! I drove the 1.5 hours to their house and had her junk packed and threw it in the yard of the house I found their van parked at within an hour of me arriving in town. Pathetic people! I hope this woman never sees the light of day again!

Just got a permission error on Maxwell Barnes' NamUs profile, but cannot find further info. Have they found him?

I'm a friend of the family's, Maxwell's remains were found a little over three years ago. His sons were just notified. He had two sons living with him, two who lived away from home, none went missing. Just the father who unfortunately is no longer with us.

I'm a friend of the family's, Maxwell's remains were found a little over three years ago. His sons were just notified. He had two sons living with him, two who lived away from home, none went missing. Just the father who unfortunately is no longer with us.

I am so sorry to hear this. Where was he found? I can’t find any updates.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autumn.Doe
Back