WV WV - Tammy Daniel, 24, Stanaford, 2 June 1987

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
ElCrIkx.jpg

http://www.register-herald.com/poli...investigation-into-woman-s-1987-disappearance

Hensdill said she’d asked Tammy to come to the Hensdill home, but Tammy had said she wanted to go to the trailer. “She said, ‘It’s my home and my husband, and I’m going home,’” said Hensdill. “So we took her there.” The Hensdills were feeling protective of Tammy at that time... In the months and years leading up to June 2, 1987, Tammy had been photographed with black eyes. She had also recently undergone a splenectomy to remove an injured spleen.

So when the mother and daughter got out of the Hensdills’ truck at the Daniel trailer during those pre-dawn hours, Hensdill had again asked the younger woman to come back to the Hensdill home. “I tried to get her to come home with me, and she wouldn’t,” recalled Hensdill.

The trailer was dark... “I offered to pound on the window and wake Gene and let her in, and she said, ‘You better not,’” said Hensdill. “She said she’d sleep in a tent in the yard.”

As the Hensdills drove away, Hensdill looked back at Tammy. The young woman was sitting on the trailer steps, dressed in a black leather jacket, a black T-shirt, and blue jeans. It was the last time Hensdill would ever see her.

NamUs: https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/21070/

Charley Project: http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/d/daniel_tammy.html

From the CP page:
"Gene borrowed a vacuum cleaner from a neighbor on June 5, three days after Tammy's disappearance. When he returned it, its owners noticed a foul smell and a sticky substance on the vacuum. The police took it for testing and determined it was bloodstained and the blood was Tammy's type. When investigators searched the Daniel home, they found a stain on the bedroom carpet and possible blood on the carpet padding and the floor underneath."

Tammy Jean Daniel vanished on the 2nd June 1987 after being dropped of back home by her parents.
18 months prior to her disappearance Tammy married her husband Ronald 'Gene' Daniel.

Around 3:00 am on the morning of June 2, 1987, Tammy’s parents picked her up from the El Cid Club in Berkeley, WV. They took her to her trailer home where she lived with her husband, Gene, in Stanaford, WV. According to her parents, the trailer’s door was locked, and when her mother offered to knock on the windows to wake Gene, Tammy declined her offer. Tammy explained that she would just sleep in a tent in the front yard instead of waking Gene. Her parents felt uneasy about this choice, but Tammy insisted, so they left, last seeing her sitting on the steps of her trailer as they drove away.

Shortly after leaving, her parents turned around and returned to the trailer to make another attempt at convincing Tammy to come stay at their home. When they arrived, they heard what sounded like a storm door closing and they were unable to find Tammy. They left the trailer once again after assuming that Gene had let Tammy inside.

Tammy’s parents returned to Tammy’s trailer and asked Gene if he knew where she was the following day. He insisted that he did not know where she was. On June 5, 1987, Gene borrowed a vacuum from a neighbour. According to the neighbour, when he returned the vacuum, it had a bad smell and was covered in a sticky substance. Shortly after her disappearance, authorities visited her trailer to conduct a search. Inside, detectives found "a stain" on the carpet in the bedroom, which they believed to be blood.

In 1988, Raleigh County prosecuting attorney Kristen Keller indicted Gene for Tammy’s murder. The indictment was later dismissed due to lack of sufficient evidence that would be required to find him guilty in a court of law.

In 2007, authorities received a tip that led them to search a property in the Sand Lick area of Raleigh County, WV. Officials from the Sheriff’s Office and forensic anthropologists conducted a thorough search of the property for any sign of Tammy, but they were unable to find anything.

At the time of her disappearance in 1987, Tammy was described as a 24 year old Caucasian woman with light brown hair and blue eyes. She was 5’7” tall and weighed approximately 130 lbs. Tammy has a splenectomy scar on her abdomen and her maiden name is Hensdill.

Tammy’s case has remained unsolved for more than 35 years

(Note: Gene was arrested in January 1989 for the murder of Walter Morgan on July 8, 1988 at a nightclub in Daniels, WV. He claims that the shooting that resulted in Walter’s death was in self defence. He is found guilty of his crime, is sentenced and serves his time before being released)

This is all I know about Tammy's case through reading up.

I think her husband had something to do with this, he doesn't sit right with me.
I'm not saying this means he defiantly caused her disappearance, but he has had a bit of a violent past (killing Walter Morgan in 1988) My mind just keeps thinking it's him.

What's do you guys know about Tammy's disappearance??

Tammy Jean Daniel vanished on the 2nd June 1987 after being dropped of back home by her parents.
18 months prior to her disappearance Tammy married her husband Ronald 'Gene' Daniel.

Around 3:00 am on the morning of June 2, 1987, Tammy’s parents picked her up from the El Cid Club in Berkeley, WV. They took her to her trailer home where she lived with her husband, Gene, in Stanaford, WV. According to her parents, the trailer’s door was locked, and when her mother offered to knock on the windows to wake Gene, Tammy declined her offer. Tammy explained that she would just sleep in a tent in the front yard instead of waking Gene. Her parents felt uneasy about this choice, but Tammy insisted, so they left, last seeing her sitting on the steps of her trailer as they drove away.

Shortly after leaving, her parents turned around and returned to the trailer to make another attempt at convincing Tammy to come stay at their home. When they arrived, they heard what sounded like a storm door closing and they were unable to find Tammy. They left the trailer once again after assuming that Gene had let Tammy inside.

Tammy’s parents returned to Tammy’s trailer and asked Gene if he knew where she was the following day. He insisted that he did not know where she was. On June 5, 1987, Gene borrowed a vacuum from a neighbour. According to the neighbour, when he returned the vacuum, it had a bad smell and was covered in a sticky substance. Shortly after her disappearance, authorities visited her trailer to conduct a search. Inside, detectives found "a stain" on the carpet in the bedroom, which they believed to be blood.

In 1988, Raleigh County prosecuting attorney Kristen Keller indicted Gene for Tammy’s murder. The indictment was later dismissed due to lack of sufficient evidence that would be required to find him guilty in a court of law.

In 2007, authorities received a tip that led them to search a property in the Sand Lick area of Raleigh County, WV. Officials from the Sheriff’s Office and forensic anthropologists conducted a thorough search of the property for any sign of Tammy, but they were unable to find anything.

At the time of her disappearance in 1987, Tammy was described as a 24 year old Caucasian woman with light brown hair and blue eyes. She was 5’7” tall and weighed approximately 130 lbs. Tammy has a splenectomy scar on her abdomen and her maiden name is Hensdill.

(Note: Gene was arrested in January 1989 for the murder of Walter Morgan on July 8, 1988 at a nightclub in Daniels, WV. He claims that the shooting that resulted in Walter’s death was in self defence. He is found guilty of his crime, is sentenced and serves his time before being released)

I think her husband had something to do with this, he doesn't sit right with me.
I'm not saying this means he defiantly caused her disappearance, but he has had a bit of a violent past (killing Walter Morgan in 1988) My mind just keeps thinking it's him.

Here is Tammy’s original WS thread. You can request a mod to merge the threads by clicking report on your post above.

Thank you for bringing attention to this case. It is heart breaking hearing that it has been so long that this family has been without answers.

From what information you gave, I would initially believe that it was the husband. My second thought would be, was the sound that the parents heard a gun shot? or was it actually a storm door? If it has already been proven that he has a gun and is willing to use it, then it would make sense that he used it on her. The part that doesn't make sense to me is that if he shot her, there would be much more blood and I would hope that the police would have caught that.

Do you have any more information on the tip and the search in 2007? What connection does that property have to Tammy?

Thanks!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back