1229 users online (213 members and 1016 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Rita Tangredi, 31, and Colleen McNamee, 20, 1993-94 ** John Bittrolff ARRESTED **

And here it is: http://www.newsday.com/long-island/c...-man-1.8861577

John Bittrolff for the murders of RT and CM. Press conference tomorrow.
    Fascinated by the psychology of serial killers. Obsessed with the LISK case and other possible Long Island serial killers.

http://riverheadnewsreview.timesrevi...-case-murders/

"Both women had frequented the East Patchogue area and had been arrested for prostitution, police said at the time."

Holy ****!!!!!

Damn y'all I was spot on! Thats the LISK right there case solved! At the end of the day if there's one thing I learned from this case it's.....thank God I am not from long island!

Not to mention that the dude is from...wait for it...MANORVILLE!

These two women were strangled to death, just like the GB4.
    Megan Waterman's mother was notified.
    There is a press conference scheduled after his arraignment. (Very unusual for a couple of 20+ year old murders of prostitutes.)

Methinks they are eying him as the (GB4) LISK. We shall see...
    Fascinated by the psychology of serial killers. Obsessed with the LISK case and other possible Long Island serial killers.

Silas Carter Road also sticks out at me from somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLohan6 View Post
    Silas Carter Road also sticks out at me from somewhere
    8 min drive from where JT was found

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Sila...2!2d40.8730846

MOD NOTE:

Listen up! We do not do screencaps or copy & paste from social media.

If you have a problem with that, take it up with a moderator in a private message.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Quote Originally Posted by LindsayLohan6 View Post
    Damn y'all I was spot on! Thats the LISK right there case solved!
    <rsbm>

It's a little premature to declare LISK solved. Regardless, an arrest in a cold case (or two) is always a reason to celebrate as far as I'm concerned.

Cops: Manorville man charged in two cold case murders
    by Grant Parpan
    07/22/2014 12:20 AM

A 48-year-old Manorville man was arrested Monday in connection with a pair of cold case murders from the 1990s, Suffolk County Police announced late Monday night.

John Bittrolff of Silas Carter Road, in Brookhaven Town, is accused of killing two women and dumping their bodies in wooded areas in East Patchogue and Shirley. Mr. Bittrolff, who was charged with two counts of second-degree murder, was connected to the crimes through DNA evidence, police said.

On Nov. 2, 1993, Rita Tangredi, 31, was found nude in a wooded area off of Esplanade Drive in East Patchogue. Ms. Tangredi, who was also identified as Rita Tangredi-Beinlich and whose address was unknown at the time of her death, was beaten and strangled to death, police said.

On Jan. 30, 1994, the body of Colleen McNamee, 20, who was living on Hyacinth Lane in Holbrook, was found dead in the woods near Express Drive South, near the William Floyd Parkway in Shirley. Ms. McNamee was also found nude, beaten and strangled to death, police said.

(continued at the link)
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Man Charged in 2 Long Island Cold-Case Strangling Deaths: Police
    Tuesday, Jul 22, 2014 | Updated 1:25 AM EDT

[...]

Police called Monday’s arrest significant and said that Bittrolff could be connected to other deaths on Long Island dating back to the 1990s.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Man Charged In Murders Of 2 Women On Long Island Over 20 Years Ago
    July 22, 2014 12:31 AM

[...]

Anyone with information about Tangredi, McNamee or Bitrolff – especially about their activities back in the early 1990s, was asked to call the Suffolk County Homicide Squad at (631) 852-6392 or Crime Stoppers at (800) 220-TIPS.
    PODCAST ROW

WEBSLEUTHS ON FACEBOOK

Thanks Bessie...I'm assuming they know that Rita Tangredi's daughter was "best friends" with Melissa Barthelemy?

I have a second address for John Bittrolff listed in Old Mastic - house backs directly onto the bay near Fire Island Sea Shore.

Whether related to GB4 or not, this guy seems to be the quintessential Gary Ridgeway-type of SK: slip quietly into the background and stay off the radar in order to avoid LE and keep killing. And I say this because I can't find a damn thing on him aside from his old addresses! He also appears to have a wife and 2 kids. Other than that, I got nothing!!! Anyone else find anything?

I sure hope he is responsible for gb4. It would be nice to get some answers. But my hopes are not up not yet. LE could just be calling MW mom to give a heads up that rumors will be flying and wanted her to hear from them that he isn't connected to her daughters murder.

Page 1 of 68 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast