1236 users online (221 members and 1015 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Backwoods View Post
    Was it a Waffle House where someone was reported to have come in inquiring about security footage from around the time of the Dermonds' deaths?

If so, just noticing (FWIW, if anything at all) that one is located pretty close to the Cashmere club. (I think. Not too good with the mapping stuff.)
    https://www.google.com/maps/place/10...9e15348220d87e

I think it was the Huddle House, but I could be wrong. Been on vacation but will always have this case on my mind until it's solved. I'm wondering if this arrest is a result of the "other search warrant" Sills said he had out (the first one being for the Dermond's home). He said that it was a result of months of investigation; well, this case is getting close to being 4 months old now. And the woman being on the board, and kicked off - hmmm, pretty hinky coincidence to me. If meth wasn't involved, I might not think much of it - but from what I've read, all sorts of crazy comes with that drug.

Thanks, tulsanative - and WELCOME. I've only been on here since May and it is nice to share info with people who genuinely care.

Suthrnqt, the fraudulent charges (7 in total - Macys.com and Amazon.com) were made between Sept. 20 through Sept. 23, 2012 to their American Express account. It was a $2000 4-day shopping spree. The Dermonds reported it to PCSO on Oct 24, 2012. It didn't appear in the local paper until Nov 8, 2012 and the report originally reported Mrs. Dermonds' first name as Sandra and had to update the article to print Mrs. Dermond's name was Shirley.

Thanks Boots! Off to do some more sleuthing.
    Last edited by Suthrnqt; 08-25-2014 at 07:08 AM.
    I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you.

Anxiety is the cousin visiting from out of town that depression felt obligated to bring to the party.

Wasn't SS at one time looking into something in OK?
    Just my opinion... and trust me, I do have one.

Yes, he mentioned Oklahoma in an interview. He had received an e-mail from a former lawman in Oklahoma who told him about a decapitation case there in Oklahoma. The criminal had been released and simply vanished......

If I were Sheriff Sills I would go back to those fraudulent charges made on the Dermonds' American Express card. They probably just filed a police report, but really didn't investigate it as American Express probably covered the $4000.00 in charges and since it was made online it needs to be known where the packages from Macys.com and Amazon.com were delivered. They should be able to track that. Someone tried to purchase an IPOD on my debit card. Bank alerted me. They were going to have it delivered at a Wal-Mart near Dallas. I live about 150 miles south of Dallas. So, IMO, Macys.com and Amazon.com sounds like a woman made those purchases, not a man and not a younger person. $4000 is quite a lot of money - hitting the jackpot so to say.

In my case an investigator came to my house and took a report. They followed up on it, but never made an arrest or caught the person. In the Dermonds' case it sounds like the perps got the merchandise. I'd be looking back as far as 2012 regarding those thefts by credit card. Definitely a papertrail and a computer trail and probably not an easy task, but I think some answers could lie within that event.

Quote Originally Posted by Happyshoes View Post
    I think it was the Huddle House, but I could be wrong. Been on vacation but will always have this case on my mind until it's solved. I'm wondering if this arrest is a result of the "other search warrant" Sills said he had out (the first one being for the Dermond's home). He said that it was a result of months of investigation; well, this case is getting close to being 4 months old now. And the woman being on the board, and kicked off - hmmm, pretty hinky coincidence to me. If meth wasn't involved, I might not think much of it - but from what I've read, all sorts of crazy comes with that drug.
    It was the Huddle House. Hmmmmmmm..... hinky, hinky, hinky!!

The only unsolved beheading I could find was in Bethany, OK in 2011. It was a young girl who was hanging around with -surprise, surprise - meth dealers. Could this be the one that Sills received a call about? And like you, Boots, I am very curious how he came to Georgia? Hope we get some things cleared up this week. I feel like we are all taking turns in a paint-by-number scenario, but this is looking very, very suspicious to me. The guys are older than I would have thought, but not surprising since TDH has been in this game a long time. Shouldn't he have been on parole? He didn't get enough time, IMO.

What was the young girl's name Happy? Does she have a thread here at Websleuths? I followed a case of a young girl briefly that disappeared and was later found dismembered in Oklahoma. It was meth dealers too!

Quote Originally Posted by southernmimi View Post
    T. Holland is a piece of work. The entire Eatonton/Lake Oconee saga is beginning to seem tangled like spaghetti. Some really good sleuthers could probably figure all of this out.
    Go back to thread 8, July 8 regarding a bunch of people in a meth ring picked up and some were charged under RICO. Maybe these got by on the first sweep.

I think we are dealing with older perps in this case. People whom are experienced burglars, forgery, have a few years doing hard time and may have had the Dermonds under surveillance for a while - at least at the very minimum 2012.

Thanks for the info. <modsnip> The folks on this board seem to doing a much better job than anyone in the media uncovering the truth...but what else is new?
    Last edited by bessie; 08-25-2014 at 07:37 PM. Reason: off topic

Has there been been coverage of the Cashmere arrests besides the Eatonton Messenger? AJC, Telegraph etc?

Quote Originally Posted by tulsanative View Post
    Has there been been coverage of the Cashmere arrests besides the Eatonton Messenger? AJC, Telegraph etc?
    Not that I am aware of. Furthermore, as far as I know, there has been absolutely NOTHING, not a whisper, in MSM linking these charges or these people to the Dermond case in any way.

I am as interested in watching this situation for new developments as anyone, but I really feel we should not be naming these folks in discussions of possible suspects in the Dermond case at this time. Linking reports, etc., and discussing, maybe OK. JMO

Page 26 of 94 FirstFirst ... 16 24 25 26 27 28 36 76 ... LastLast