1258 users online (235 members and 1023 guests)  


Websleuths News


Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 1055
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Posts
    21,439

    CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6




    http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/art...a4bcf887a.html

    Family members are asking for help from the public to locate 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who has been missing from her home on board the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center since 7 a.m. Saturday, June 28.

    According to information provided by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Corwin’s husband reported her missing on Sunday, June 29. Corwin is reported to be three months pregnant, according to the sheriff’s department.

    According to her sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, Corwin left in her 2013 Toyota Corolla on her way to Joshua Tree National Park and has not been seen or heard from since... The vehicle, she said, later, was found on Valle Vista Road.
    http://www.kmir.com/story/25916449/p...-missing-woman

    She's described as 5-foot-2 with light brown hair. She was last seen about 7am Saturday morning.

    Her sister tells KMIR NEWS that Corwin was apparently on her way to Joshua Tree National Park to look for a campsite for a future trip there.
    http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-repor...palms/26746852

    The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and Joshua Tree National Park Rangers began an extensive search by air and on the ground. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Detail was also called in to assist with the investigation.
    Erin's FB: https://www.facebook.com/eheavilin

    Media, Map & Timeline

    Thread #1

    Thread #2

    Thread #3

    Thread #4

    Thread #5

    Last edited by nursebeeme; 07-23-2014 at 08:51 AM. Reason: added thread 5

  2. #2
    los2188's Avatar
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    From Alaska, but living in Arizona
    Posts
    15,549
    TWENTYNINE PALMS: Search underway for missing pregnant woman

    Corwin announced on her Facebook page Jan. 16 that she was pregnant. Both she and Jonathan Wayne Corwin, a corporal in the U.S. Marine Corps, list themselves as being from Oak Ridge, Tennessee. According to their Facebook page, they have been married for a year and a half.


    http://blog.pe.com/breaking-news/201...regnant-woman/
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

    "When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Indy
    Posts
    21,142

    CA - Erin Corwin, 19, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 #6

    Information that our members are posting in our private Scanner Forum is to remain in the Scanner Forum. If something interesting is heard, a member can post in the public forum that there is something going on, so members don't miss anything. If there is scanner information posted in the MSM, it can be quoted here WITH A LINK to the MSM article.



    We are a victim friendly site. We have no suspects or persons of interest at this time, no one is to be discussed as such until or unless this happens. No sleuthing of friends or family. No rumor.


    CL and NL may be discussed and sleuthed. The minor children that have come up may NOT be sleuthed or named, not even in direct quotes. ALSO, IM may not be sleuthed.

    The closed facebook may NOT be discussed or linked too.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    sipping coffee at the Purple Rose Theatre
    Posts
    53,157

    CA - Erin Corwin, 19, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 #6

    Continue here:

    Link to latest news and court documents: http://www.cbs8.com/story/26076047/w...of-marine-wife

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    32
    Id like for someone to show the witness a picture of NL with sunglasses on and see if that looks more like the female he saw get into a "car". Ive seen at least one picture of her with sunglasses on, one with a ball cap on. Ive yet to see one of Erin wearing sun glasses or a ball cap. Not that that proves she never wears either really, just a thought.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    20,093
    Missing Marine wife Erin Corwin may be 'voluntarily missing'

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rwin/13031505/

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Posts
    1,514
    My whole theory on this case has changed.

    Unlike most everybody else, I believe the police have leaked the information about CL and NL. They want another person to feel that they are not focused on them at all- when IMO, they are researching this person's movements very hard. This person had the most motive to hurt Erin. IMO, I think this person knew Erin was meeting up with CL. He followed them and observed them. He was in his friends red car, or he borrowed a red car from somewhere. Heck, it may even be his red car and we just don't know about it. When CL drove away from Erin, this person pulled up and told Erin they needed to talk. That's why Erin got in the car with this person (b/c she knew who it was)

    I actually am even starting to doubt if Erin was still having (or even if she ever) had an affair with CL. I'm thinking this whole drama just got started because of back-bitting gossip. JMO, but I can't understand why Erin would tell her husband she was pregnant if she thought for a minute it was CL's. Especially because she told JC on father's day.

    Some people would say because CL lied during police questioning is a red flag. Probably, but it could also be that he lied because he knew he was one of the last to see her. Obviously, CL and his wife have had problems because of the whole Erin story before. Gossip or not, I don't know. I can def. see NL not liking Erin and that could be the reason for the "mouthy" sections of her police interviews. If CL and Erin were close (either as good friends or lovers, she very well may have told him her secrets) and CL has told the police. I can't see LE letting CL go back to Alaska with the amount of information it looks like they have. I think it's a red herring.

    I'm thinking that somebody is starting/spreading a lot of this drama/gossip. Somebody could be trying to take the focus off their own self and pin it on somebody they hate.

    As always this is just my 2 cents. It's not a popular theory, but I always think most cases are usually pretty simple.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    32
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Missing Marine wife Erin Corwin may be 'voluntarily missing'

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rwin/13031505/
    Eh, I highly doubt that. I think it's near certain that CL/NL had something to do with it and it involved killing Erin. We have evidence that someone used Erin's phone to tell a friend she was going to be with CL that day. We have NL making comments that sure seemed to indicate her husband played an active role in Erin's disappearance and she knows what happened. It's all a matter of finding the crime scene now or the body.

    Ive seen people call CL and NL dumb, which they may be. But so far, they're heading towards getting away with this if a crime scene or body isnt found. They're smart enough to know that. I suppose they could be charged without it, but IMO there needs to be more evidence than what we are aware of to get a conviction.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    NYC transplant to rural PA
    Posts
    2,744
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinginit View Post
    My whole theory on this case has changed.

    Unlike most everybody else, I believe the police have leaked the information about CL and NL. They want another person to feel that they are not focused on them at all- when IMO, they are researching this person's movements very hard. This person had the most motive to hurt Erin. IMO, I think this person knew Erin was meeting up with CL. He followed them and observed them. He was in his friends red car, or he borrowed a red car from somewhere. Heck, it may even be his red car and we just don't know about it. When CL drove away from Erin, this person pulled up and told Erin they needed to talk. That's why Erin got in the car with this person (b/c she knew who it was)

    I actually am even starting to doubt if Erin was still having (or even if she ever) had an affair with CL. I'm thinking this whole drama just got started because of back-bitting gossip. JMO, but I can't understand why Erin would tell her husband she was pregnant if she thought for a minute it was CL's. Especially because she told JC on father's day.

    Some people would say because CL lied during police questioning is a red flag. Probably, but it could also be that he lied because he knew he was one of the last to see her. Obviously, CL and his wife have had problems because of the whole Erin story before. Gossip or not, I don't know. I can def. see NL not liking Erin and that could be the reason for the "mouthy" sections of her police interviews. If CL and Erin were close (either as good friends or lovers, she very well may have told him her secrets) and CL has told the police. I can't see LE letting CL go back to Alaska with the amount of information it looks like they have. I think it's a red herring.

    I'm thinking that somebody is starting/spreading a lot of this drama/gossip. Somebody could be trying to take the focus off their own self and pin it on somebody they hate.

    As always this is just my 2 cents. It's not a popular theory, but I always think most cases are usually pretty simple.


    thanks for posting. This has occurred to me as well, although I am completely on the fence between scenarios.
    Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans. J. Lennon NYC

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Posts
    6,849
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyGirl View Post
    Missing Marine wife Erin Corwin may be 'voluntarily missing'

    http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/n...rwin/13031505/
    [I know you didn't title the above so this isn't directed at you ]

    Talk about a headline only to get clicks!!!

    Did they READ their own article?

    Talk about a misrepresentation of what was said (in the documents and in their own article!)

    Yes, she MAY be voluntarily missing.

    They don't have her body (and apparently either don't have enough or are hoping for more proof to be able to possibly make an arrest)

    But other than the concession that YES that's not been ruled out - which didn't even get a FULL sentence in there (or from anyone making statements or from the documents) - there was NOTHING but details on all the reasons they think she is NOT voluntarily missing.

    USAToday you can go --> (right along w/ whoever killed Erin!)


  11. #11
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,563
    I had thought about maybe her being voluntarily missing, but with the comment that NL made about not finding her body, it kind of took it off the table for me.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    191
    Quote Originally Posted by rollinginit View Post
    My whole theory on this case has changed.

    Unlike most everybody else, I believe the police have leaked the information about CL and NL. They want another person to feel that they are not focused on them at all- when IMO, they are researching this person's movements very hard. This person had the most motive to hurt Erin. IMO, I think this person knew Erin was meeting up with CL. He followed them and observed them. He was in his friends red car, or he borrowed a red car from somewhere. Heck, it may even be his red car and we just don't know about it. When CL drove away from Erin, this person pulled up and told Erin they needed to talk. That's why Erin got in the car with this person (b/c she knew who it was)

    I actually am even starting to doubt if Erin was still having (or even if she ever) had an affair with CL. I'm thinking this whole drama just got started because of back-bitting gossip. JMO, but I can't understand why Erin would tell her husband she was pregnant if she thought for a minute it was CL's. Especially because she told JC on father's day.

    Some people would say because CL lied during police questioning is a red flag. Probably, but it could also be that he lied because he knew he was one of the last to see her. Obviously, CL and his wife have had problems because of the whole Erin story before. Gossip or not, I don't know. I can def. see NL not liking Erin and that could be the reason for the "mouthy" sections of her police interviews. If CL and Erin were close (either as good friends or lovers, she very well may have told him her secrets) and CL has told the police. I can't see LE letting CL go back to Alaska with the amount of information it looks like they have. I think it's a red herring.

    I'm thinking that somebody is starting/spreading a lot of this drama/gossip. Somebody could be trying to take the focus off their own self and pin it on somebody they hate.

    As always this is just my 2 cents. It's not a popular theory, but I always think most cases are usually pretty simple.

    Interesting theory.

    Here's my problems with it:

    1) Police must have some strong evidence pointing to CL to even get those search warrants. Back-biting gossip doesn't get a judge to sign off on a warrant.
    2) Would the police ruin CL and NL reputations just to throw another suspect off?
    3) Erin seemed to tell at least one friend(the one from Tenn.) about the affair w/ CL.


    Didn't MB identify CL as the man he saw in the red car on JVM? I thought another poster mentioned that.

    jmo

  13. #13
    77DarkHorse7 is offline I've Heard The Sound That Silence Makes...On A Breath Of Wind
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by tvscum View Post
    How bout this scenario?

    - CL meets EC at the dirt area near the road. CL in a red car. EC in her Toyota.
    - EC gets in the red car and drives out with CL to "celebrate her pregnancy" in the desert.
    - NL is already there in the Jeep to meet them with an ambush.
    - CL and NL drive away, one in the red car, one in the Jeep.
    - They get rid of the red car (somewhere?)
    - CL and NL return to the Toyota to move it farther away from the road.
    - NL moves the Toyota 150' north, she gets out of the Toyota and walks to the Jeep. Bye bye.

    OR....
    MB eyewitness account is wrong.
    OR...

    - CL meets EC at the dirt area near the road. CL in his Green Honda Civic. EC in her Toyota.
    - EC gets in the Green car and drives out with CL to "celebrate her pregnancy" in a remote location.
    - MB witnesses the encounter but mistakes the green car for a red car due to deuteranopia (or possibly deuteranomaly)
    - At the remote location CL attacks and kills EC out of jealousy or fear. Whether premeditated or not, we don't know yet.
    - CL gets rid of her body, probably at the location of the attack, strips her cell phone, and recovers her car keys.
    - He drives back to the initial location and, parking the jeep far away from the road, walks back to the Toyota.
    - He drives the Toyota further up from the road and closer to the jeep, driving over his own shoeprints in the process.
    - CL collects a bag full of anything that could indicate she was with him that day and carries it back to the jeep
    - CL is so distraught with what he's done that he immediately confides in NL when he gets home and she freaks out
    - NL misguidedly takes steps to keep her family intact though her anger and shock boils over at inopportune moments

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    8,640
    Quote Originally Posted by 77DarkHorse7 View Post
    OR...

    - CL meets EC at the dirt area near the road. CL in his Green Honda Civic. EC in her Toyota.
    - EC gets in the Green car and drives out with CL to "celebrate her pregnancy" in a remote location.
    - MB witnesses the encounter but mistakes the green car for a red car due to deuteranopia (or possibly deuteranomaly)
    - At the remote location CL attacks and kills EC out of jealousy or fear. Whether premeditated or not, we don't know yet.
    - CL gets rid of her body, probably at the location of the attack, strips her cell phone, and recovers her car keys.
    - He drives back to the initial location and, parking the jeep far away from the road, walks back to the Toyota.
    - He drives the Toyota further up from the road and closer to the jeep, driving over his own shoeprints in the process.
    - CL collects a bag full of anything that could indicate she was with him that day and carries it back to the jeep
    - CL is so distraught with what he's done that he immediately confides in NL when he gets home and she freaks out
    - NL misguidedly takes steps to keep her family intact though her anger and shock boils over at inopportune moments
    I think jealousy can be taken off the table. <modsnip> She sends a text to a good friend saying her boyfriend is taking her on a day trip to "celebrate" their pregnancy. When I look at this scene, I see a man who doesn't want her the way she wants him, and she has the power to ruin both his marriage and his career. I see the motive of rage and fear, but I don't think CL had anything to fear in the "jealousy" category - Erin seemed to be completely his.
    Last edited by nursebeeme; 07-23-2014 at 09:56 AM. Reason: yes that is a rumor

  15. #15
    77DarkHorse7 is offline I've Heard The Sound That Silence Makes...On A Breath Of Wind
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    554
    Quote Originally Posted by JeannaT View Post
    I think jealousy can be taken off the table. <modsnip> She sends a text to a good friend saying her boyfriend is taking her on a day trip to "celebrate" their pregnancy. When I look at this scene, I see a man who doesn't want her the way she wants him, and she has the power to ruin both his marriage and his career. I see the motive of rage and fear, but I don't think CL had anything to fear in the "jealousy" category - Erin seemed to be completely his.
    His jealousy didn't have to be for Erin.

Page 1 of 71 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast


Similar Threads

  1. GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #14
    By Coldpizza in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 849
    Last Post: 12-07-2017, 05:41 PM
  2. GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #9
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1063
    Last Post: 08-20-2014, 03:55 PM
  3. GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #4
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1105
    Last Post: 07-20-2014, 10:18 PM
  4. GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #3
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1035
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 10:28 PM
  5. GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #2
    By OkieGranny in forum Recently Sentenced and Beyond
    Replies: 1045
    Last Post: 07-13-2014, 10:07 PM

Tags for this Thread