GUILTY CA - Erin Corwin, 19, pregnant, Twentynine Palms, 28 June 2014 - #6

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
53b33943c00c4.preview-300.jpg

http://www.hidesertstar.com/news/article_30d113d0-016a-11e4-8d32-001a4bcf887a.html

Family members are asking for help from the public to locate 19-year-old Erin Corwin, who has been missing from her home on board the Marine Corps Air Ground Combat Center since 7 a.m. Saturday, June 28.

According to information provided by the San Bernardino County Sheriff’s Department, Corwin’s husband reported her missing on Sunday, June 29. Corwin is reported to be three months pregnant, according to the sheriff’s department.

According to her sister-in-law, DeeAnna Heavilin, Corwin left in her 2013 Toyota Corolla on her way to Joshua Tree National Park and has not been seen or heard from since... The vehicle, she said, later, was found on Valle Vista Road.

http://www.kmir.com/story/25916449/public-help-sought-in-case-of-missing-woman

She's described as 5-foot-2 with light brown hair. She was last seen about 7am Saturday morning.

Her sister tells KMIR NEWS that Corwin was apparently on her way to Joshua Tree National Park to look for a campsite for a future trip there.

http://www.kesq.com/news/woman-reported-missing-in-twentynine-palms/26746852

The San Bernardino County Sheriff's Department and Joshua Tree National Park Rangers began an extensive search by air and on the ground. The San Bernardino Sheriff's Homicide Detail was also called in to assist with the investigation.

Erin's FB: https://www.facebook.com/eheavilin

Media, Map & Timeline

Thread #1

Thread #2

Thread #3

Thread #4

Thread #5

Information that our members are posting in our private Scanner Forum is to remain in the Scanner Forum. If something interesting is heard, a member can post in the public forum that there is something going on, so members don't miss anything. If there is scanner information posted in the MSM, it can be quoted here WITH A LINK to the MSM article.

We are a victim friendly site. We have no suspects or persons of interest at this time, no one is to be discussed as such until or unless this happens. No sleuthing of friends or family. No rumor.

CL and NL may be discussed and sleuthed. The minor children that have come up may NOT be sleuthed or named, not even in direct quotes. ALSO, IM may not be sleuthed.

The closed facebook may NOT be discussed or linked too.

Id like for someone to show the witness a picture of NL with sunglasses on and see if that looks more like the female he saw get into a "car". Ive seen at least one picture of her with sunglasses on, one with a ball cap on. Ive yet to see one of Erin wearing sun glasses or a ball cap. Not that that proves she never wears either really, just a thought.

My whole theory on this case has changed.

Unlike most everybody else, I believe the police have leaked the information about CL and NL. They want another person to feel that they are not focused on them at all- when IMO, they are researching this person's movements very hard. This person had the most motive to hurt Erin. IMO, I think this person knew Erin was meeting up with CL. He followed them and observed them. He was in his friends red car, or he borrowed a red car from somewhere. Heck, it may even be his red car and we just don't know about it. When CL drove away from Erin, this person pulled up and told Erin they needed to talk. That's why Erin got in the car with this person (b/c she knew who it was)

I actually am even starting to doubt if Erin was still having (or even if she ever) had an affair with CL. I'm thinking this whole drama just got started because of back-bitting gossip. JMO, but I can't understand why Erin would tell her husband she was pregnant if she thought for a minute it was CL's. Especially because she told JC on father's day.

Some people would say because CL lied during police questioning is a red flag. Probably, but it could also be that he lied because he knew he was one of the last to see her. Obviously, CL and his wife have had problems because of the whole Erin story before. Gossip or not, I don't know. I can def. see NL not liking Erin and that could be the reason for the "mouthy" sections of her police interviews. If CL and Erin were close (either as good friends or lovers, she very well may have told him her secrets) and CL has told the police. I can't see LE letting CL go back to Alaska with the amount of information it looks like they have. I think it's a red herring.

I'm thinking that somebody is starting/spreading a lot of this drama/gossip. Somebody could be trying to take the focus off their own self and pin it on somebody they hate.

As always this is just my 2 cents. It's not a popular theory, but I always think most cases are usually pretty simple.

Eh, I highly doubt that. I think it's near certain that CL/NL had something to do with it and it involved killing Erin. We have evidence that someone used Erin's phone to tell a friend she was going to be with CL that day. We have NL making comments that sure seemed to indicate her husband played an active role in Erin's disappearance and she knows what happened. It's all a matter of finding the crime scene now or the body.

Ive seen people call CL and NL dumb, which they may be. But so far, they're heading towards getting away with this if a crime scene or body isnt found. They're smart enough to know that. I suppose they could be charged without it, but IMO there needs to be more evidence than what we are aware of to get a conviction.

Unlike most everybody else, I believe the police have leaked the information about CL and NL. They want another person to feel that they are not focused on them at all- when IMO, they are researching this person's movements very hard. This person had the most motive to hurt Erin. IMO, I think this person knew Erin was meeting up with CL. He followed them and observed them. He was in his friends red car, or he borrowed a red car from somewhere. Heck, it may even be his red car and we just don't know about it. When CL drove away from Erin, this person pulled up and told Erin they needed to talk. That's why Erin got in the car with this person (b/c she knew who it was)

I actually am even starting to doubt if Erin was still having (or even if she ever) had an affair with CL. I'm thinking this whole drama just got started because of back-bitting gossip. JMO, but I can't understand why Erin would tell her husband she was pregnant if she thought for a minute it was CL's. Especially because she told JC on father's day.

Some people would say because CL lied during police questioning is a red flag. Probably, but it could also be that he lied because he knew he was one of the last to see her. Obviously, CL and his wife have had problems because of the whole Erin story before. Gossip or not, I don't know. I can def. see NL not liking Erin and that could be the reason for the "mouthy" sections of her police interviews. If CL and Erin were close (either as good friends or lovers, she very well may have told him her secrets) and CL has told the police. I can't see LE letting CL go back to Alaska with the amount of information it looks like they have. I think it's a red herring.

I'm thinking that somebody is starting/spreading a lot of this drama/gossip. Somebody could be trying to take the focus off their own self and pin it on somebody they hate.

As always this is just my 2 cents. It's not a popular theory, but I always think most cases are usually pretty simple.

thanks for posting. This has occurred to me as well, although I am completely on the fence between scenarios.

[I know you didn't title the above so this isn't directed at you :)]

Talk about a headline only to get clicks!!! :sick:

Did they READ their own article? :facepalm:

Talk about a misrepresentation of what was said (in the documents and in their own article!)

Yes, she MAY be voluntarily missing.

They don't have her body (and apparently either don't have enough or are hoping for more proof to be able to possibly make an arrest)

But other than the concession that YES that's not been ruled out - which didn't even get a FULL sentence in there (or from anyone making statements or from the documents) - there was NOTHING but details on all the reasons they think she is NOT voluntarily missing.

USAToday you can go --> :jail: (right along w/ whoever killed Erin!)

I had thought about maybe her being voluntarily missing, but with the comment that NL made about not finding her body, it kind of took it off the table for me.

Interesting theory.

Here's my problems with it:

1) Police must have some strong evidence pointing to CL to even get those search warrants. Back-biting gossip doesn't get a judge to sign off on a warrant.
2) Would the police ruin CL and NL reputations just to throw another suspect off?
3) Erin seemed to tell at least one friend(the one from Tenn.) about the affair w/ CL.

Didn't MB identify CL as the man he saw in the red car on JVM? I thought another poster mentioned that.

jmo

How bout this scenario?

- CL meets EC at the dirt area near the road. CL in a red car. EC in her Toyota.
- EC gets in the red car and drives out with CL to "celebrate her pregnancy" in the desert.
- NL is already there in the Jeep to meet them with an ambush.
- CL and NL drive away, one in the red car, one in the Jeep.
- They get rid of the red car (somewhere?)
- CL and NL return to the Toyota to move it farther away from the road.
- NL moves the Toyota 150' north, she gets out of the Toyota and walks to the Jeep. Bye bye.

OR....
MB eyewitness account is wrong.

OR...

- CL meets EC at the dirt area near the road. CL in his Green Honda Civic. EC in her Toyota.
- EC gets in the Green car and drives out with CL to "celebrate her pregnancy" in a remote location.
- MB witnesses the encounter but mistakes the green car for a red car due to deuteranopia (or possibly deuteranomaly)
- At the remote location CL attacks and kills EC out of jealousy or fear. Whether premeditated or not, we don't know yet.
- CL gets rid of her body, probably at the location of the attack, strips her cell phone, and recovers her car keys.
- He drives back to the initial location and, parking the jeep far away from the road, walks back to the Toyota.
- He drives the Toyota further up from the road and closer to the jeep, driving over his own shoeprints in the process.
- CL collects a bag full of anything that could indicate she was with him that day and carries it back to the jeep
- CL is so distraught with what he's done that he immediately confides in NL when he gets home and she freaks out
- NL misguidedly takes steps to keep her family intact though her anger and shock boils over at inopportune moments

OR...

- CL meets EC at the dirt area near the road. CL in his Green Honda Civic. EC in her Toyota.
- EC gets in the Green car and drives out with CL to "celebrate her pregnancy" in a remote location.
- MB witnesses the encounter but mistakes the green car for a red car due to deuteranopia (or possibly deuteranomaly)
- At the remote location CL attacks and kills EC out of jealousy or fear. Whether premeditated or not, we don't know yet.
- CL gets rid of her body, probably at the location of the attack, strips her cell phone, and recovers her car keys.
- He drives back to the initial location and, parking the jeep far away from the road, walks back to the Toyota.
- He drives the Toyota further up from the road and closer to the jeep, driving over his own shoeprints in the process.
- CL collects a bag full of anything that could indicate she was with him that day and carries it back to the jeep
- CL is so distraught with what he's done that he immediately confides in NL when he gets home and she freaks out
- NL misguidedly takes steps to keep her family intact though her anger and shock boils over at inopportune moments

I think jealousy can be taken off the table. <modsnip> She sends a text to a good friend saying her boyfriend is taking her on a day trip to "celebrate" their pregnancy. When I look at this scene, I see a man who doesn't want her the way she wants him, and she has the power to ruin both his marriage and his career. I see the motive of rage and fear, but I don't think CL had anything to fear in the "jealousy" category - Erin seemed to be completely his.

I think jealousy can be taken off the table. <modsnip> She sends a text to a good friend saying her boyfriend is taking her on a day trip to "celebrate" their pregnancy. When I look at this scene, I see a man who doesn't want her the way she wants him, and she has the power to ruin both his marriage and his career. I see the motive of rage and fear, but I don't think CL had anything to fear in the "jealousy" category - Erin seemed to be completely his.

His jealousy didn't have to be for Erin.

Anyone have a thought that NL might have been in on the original affair, until EC said she was pregnant or maybe up until a point when EC wanted CL to leave NL and then she was ready to strike?

I am a firm believer in the process of "Lateral Thinking". Without thinking outside the box... investigators can often miss vital leads. As an investigator myself... I make every effort to think outside the box. But I also know when to subscribe to Occam's Razor. I tend to believe that Occam's Razor applies here.

Assuming this was not a random crime by a stranger... ask yourself who stands to benefit from her disappearance? Take the pregnancy into account.

Couple of things; the .40cal weapon is still missing right? NL told LE the weapons were kept in the closet in their home, then specifically told them about a .22 rifle. When LE searched the apartment, the .22 was not there.

LE re interviewed NL, and asked the .22 rifle, where is it? Oh, she says CL took the rifle out of his jeep and took it to the ranch. So off detectives go with NL to the ranch to get that rifle. They get to the ranch, and NL tells IM, they want to see the rifle, NL goes to a closet and gets it for LE.

What the heck is that all about? Is it a matter of look here, not there? LE does not say NL told them about a .40cal weapon. Only about a .22 rifle. I think they only knew about the .40 cal because there were casings found in his jeep.

The above has been bugging me, along with that red car sighting. Thoughts anyone?

I am a firm believer in the process of "Lateral Thinking". Without thinking outside the box... investigators can often miss vital leads. As an investigator myself... I make every effort to think outside the box. But I also know when to subscribe to Occam's Razor also. I tend to believe that Occam's Razor applies here.

Assuming this was not a random crime by a stranger... ask yourself who stands to benefit from her disappearance? Take the pregnancy into account.

Well, right. CL first, then NL stand to benefit. So that's a good starting point. But as you say, investigators can get "tunnel vision" when they look for clues to support hunches rather than gathering all the clues and seeing what can be made of them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong