GA GA - Julie Lynn, 20, Metter, 13 January 1990

OkieGranny

Retired WS Staff
Reaction score
f8lvkoF.jpg

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/after-24-years-family-sees-pregnant-womans-cause-d/ngmH2/

A Channel 2 Action News investigation is getting results in a decades-old killing that was first ruled a suicide. Now, 24 years later, a coroner and district attorney say they aren't sure who killed the young mother-to-be. "Something happened to her that night that there's still a lot of questions about," said Candler County Coroner Sonny Morgan.

Julie Lynn died in January 1990 of a gunshot wound to her forehead. Her mother, Bobbi Mosley, always thought Julie's husband, Jim, pulled the trigger. "I know he did it. I know he did it," said Mosley. "And I want justice for my daughter and for my grandbaby."

Now she has her best hope yet; the coroner has changed Julie's cause of death from “suicide” to “undetermined.” The change comes three years after Julie’s husband, Jim Lynn, killed his third wife.

http://www.wsbtv.com/news/news/local/gbi-takes-another-look-pregnant-womans-death/nWTp2/

Lynn, right handed, was found with her right arm tucked under her body, with a gun on the floor below her left hand. Authorities found no gunshot residue on her hands. She was also found nearly nude, and shot in the forehead, an unusual method for a woman committing suicide. "In my 32 years with the GBI and looking at hundreds of death investigations, I’ve never seen one," said retired GBI homicide expert Ralph Stone. "That is very, very, very, very rare"...

When Jim Lynn was convicted of murdering his third wife, Julie Lynn’s mother and friend were in the courtroom to watch. The friend, Kim Arrington Ridley, said she always thought Jim Lynn murdered his first wife...

But GBI agents attempting to interview Jim Lynn in prison now call him "a witness in a homicide investigation,” though they refuse to declare that officially. "There is suspicion, but you have to have evidence, concrete evidence," said Bankhead. He said in 1990, Jim Lynn passed a polygraph test. Because his first wife’s death was ruled a suicide, the physical evidence was destroyed. The case file has limited photos.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pabo1998
Back