Is there anyone that believes Ross is innocent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JenMom

Reaction score
I live in Georgia and have followed this case since the day Cooper died. I am just curious if there are any posters who believe it is possible that RH is just dim, distracted and although a morally corrupt person didn't intentionally allow Cooper to die?

This extensive article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...e0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html ) on other hot car car deaths and the explanation of the "swiss cheese theory" of forgetfulness just made me curious...

I admit that as a mother I find it so difficult to understand...maybe I just don't want to believe it is possible that someone could torture their son intentionaly this way.

Im trying to keep an open mind.

JenMom, I haven't seen any evidence yet that convinces me beyond a reasonable doubt that RH intentionally murdered his son. I'll have to wait for the trial to get all of the evidence and decide then.

I do think RH is guilty of negligence resulting in the death of his child. And there should be a consequence for that. But I don't see first degree murder deserving of LWOP or death at this time.

I initially thought he was guilty of intentionally killing Cooper, but stepping back and trying to be objective - I'm not at all convinced this was intentional.

Negligent? Yes. Inexcusable? Yes. And I believe there should be a criminal consequence even if it was an accident.

I think what gets me is that he doesn't appear to be "sharp" enough to pull something like this off intentionally.

I learned from another case I am very familiar with that in retrospect it is easy to "make the pieces fit" when the truth is that people are often quirky, clueless, up to secret things, etc...

I absolutely agree that he should face consequences for negligence.

I live in Georgia and have followed this case since the day Cooper died. I am just curious if there are any posters who believe it is possible that RH is just dim, distracted and although a morally corrupt person didn't intentionally allow Cooper to die?

This extensive article (http://www.washingtonpost.com/lifes...e0fe3a-f580-11e3-a3a5-42be35962a52_story.html ) on other hot car car deaths and the explanation of the "swiss cheese theory" of forgetfulness just made me curious...

Open mind here as well.

Before reading that article - months ago - my initial thought re child-in-hot-car events generally was that they probably involved
parents and drugs or alcohol. I no longer think that as my initial knee jerk reaction to hot car events, whether injury or death.

I follow idea of Swiss Cheese Theory - many factors lining up for a 'perfect storm' and parental forgetfulness being the last critical ingredient.
IDK what consequence is approp for parent(s) in those cases.

But I do not see Ross as one of the cases and 'innocent' or 'not guilty' based on true 'forgetfulness' and perfect convergence of factors.

BTW, if anyone has not read linked article, I highly recommend it, no matter which side of the fence you are on.

At first I defended the possibility that this was a horrible accident. I remembered having a fear when my little one was a newborn that in my sleep deprived state, I would do this very same thing.

I argued with friends, using the hot car death article we have discussed and linked often, that this happens ALL THE TIME, sadly.

Since then, I have done a 180.

Also, after talking to my ATL friends and family, none of them think this was an accident.

But I know that, having had the fear that I myself might have left my new baby in the car, I do not immediately rush to judgement. My mind is open, which is how I was able to change it.

My initial reaction was that he was totally guilty. The turning point for me questioning the supposed facts was Det. Stoddard's testimony--he seemed to dwell on "shock value" testimony rather than provide some important specifics that were more pertinent to an intentional killing of a baby. The more I read, the more I lean towards innocence. Once the whole story is presented, that could change--but for now I want that poor child to RIP knowing his parents loved him and did not intentionally harm him. I don't see RH as a murderer with a motive--not at all. But, then again...I don't know him.

I think that he thought about it for weeks, maybe months, and I think that he absolutely planned the demise of little Cooper.
I think that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing, in all areas of his life. ALL.

Similar to Mark Hacking and Scott Peterson.

I really hope I'm wrong. But I don't think I am, sadly.
The defense would not want me on the jury, that's for sure!

I am one of the people who believes that it's possible for an otherwise good parent to forget a sleeping child when there's a change in routine. If this weren't the case, we wouldn't have, for example, parents who kill themselves after an incident. (Ugh, I tried to google this just now but the Harris case is eating all the google results.) I also understand why it makes people feel better to judge those parents harshly. Anyway, I went into this case open minded as a result of my belief in the fallibility of the human brain. Within a few days, it seemed obvious dad was guilty (and stupid), but never could figure out about Mom, just not enough info there. But the information that made it seem obvious was based on testimony that is now getting called into question, I guess. So I'll wait and see how that plays out. It's an unlikely string of coincidences, but it'll be unfortunate if there was mis-reporting for the sake of sensationalism.

Either way I'm still pretty sure he's guilty of being dumb.

I initially thought he was guilty of intentionally killing Cooper, but stepping back and trying to be objective - I'm not at all convinced this was intentional.

Negligent? Yes. Inexcusable? Yes. And I believe there should be a criminal consequence even if it was an accident.

Ok, you don't believe this was intentional on RH's part and yet he manages (didn't forget) to take Cooper to Chick-fli-a, get him out of the car, walk into Chick-fli-a, walk him back out, strap him in his car seat, kiss him, closes the door, goes to the drivers side, start car, drives out of parking lot and in less than a minute decides to drive straight to work?????? You don't think that was intentional???? I'm sorry, but he seems remembers other things like going to work, why didn't he forgot to go to work? I'm just trying to figure this out..

Ok, you don't believe this was intentional on RH's part and yet he manages (didn't forget) to take Cooper to Chick-fli-a, get him out of the car, walk into Chick-fli-a, walk him back out, strap him in his car seat, kiss him, closes the door, goes to the drivers side, start car, drives out of parking lot and in less than a minute decides to drive straight to work?????? You don't think that was intentional???? I'm sorry, but he seems remembers other things like going to work, why didn't he forgot to go to work? I'm just trying to figure this out..
He remembered his drink/cup from Chick fil a...took it inside with him.

All posts are MOO

He remembered his drink/cup from Chick fil a...took it inside with him.

All posts are MOO

Yup. Small thing, yet very big. Saying that, I have difficulty with my "pro" and "con" list of what might be excused and what may not. There's much more info coming and I know I need to wait on that before deciding for myself if this was intentional or not. I already know he's negligent.

atlanta journal constitution ran a piece in the last few days that zeroed in on problems with stoddard's initial testimony. i knew it was only a matter of time.

the original witness in this case has not changed his story from the first moment despite being criticized for it.

i believe there is a strong possibility that LE is not telling the truth. they saw a loser, a cheater, a liar....and they decided to make him an intentional murderer, too. nobody can tell me worse things don't happen on a regular basis in this country. bc they absolutely do.

if he is guilty, the case will hold up under great scrutiny. if not, i hope people don't forget that he was crucified in the press by the entire world, based on the words of LE.

i agree with those above regarding punishment if he's proven guilty.

moo.

atlanta journal constitution ran a piece in the last few days that zeroed in on problems with stoddard's initial testimony. i knew it was only a matter of time.

the original witness in this case has not changed his story from the first moment despite being criticized for it.

i believe there is a strong possibility that LE is not telling the truth. they saw a loser, a cheater, a liar....and they decided to make him an intentional murderer, too. nobody can tell me worse things don't happen on a regular basis in this country. bc they absolutely do.

if he is guilty, the case will hold up under great scrutiny. if not, i hope people don't forget that he was crucified in the press by the entire world, based on the words of LE.

i agree with those above regarding punishment if he's proven guilty.

moo.

I don't excuse him of any guilt. He forgot about Cooper. Plain and simple. Other things on his mind...jmo

10 to 15. moo

I do not think he is innocent. I do believe he premeditated Cooper's death. I won't go into my reasons (unless asked) since the thread is for people to discuss innocence rather than guilt.

Sent from my KFAPWI using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member