1007 users online (225 members and 782 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast
    As I posted elsewhere, I started off feeling that he had done this intentionally. But as I have read more about the case, and some of the links to other information, I am not really sure.

It is hard to believe that someone would deliberately choose such a horrible way to kill a child, so you have to go a long way to convince me that someone did.

Tink

Quote Originally Posted by KALI View Post
    I think that he thought about it for weeks, maybe months, and I think that he absolutely planned the demise of little Cooper.
    I think that he is a wolf in sheep's clothing, in all areas of his life. ALL.

Similar to Mark Hacking and Scott Peterson.

I really hope I'm wrong. But I don't think I am, sadly.
    The defense would not want me on the jury, that's for sure!
    I agree.

I am still somewhat on the fence as to whether he premeditated it, which is what I assume the question is. There is no doubt at all he left Cooper in the car.

One wierd thing has nagged at me since the hearing. If it was premeditated, wouldn't he have NOT sexted on the day it was planned for? That just seems like crime 101 for me. You have to know that if something like this happens LE is, at the very least, going to check your phone, don't you? So, to me it would point more toward guilt if there was no sexting that day.

I know that's a wierd, convulated reason to doubt intent, but what can I say.

I've watched the hearing, which wasn't a trial. I'm inclined to believe that there is more to this- perhaps from both sides, and the defense hasn't had an opportunity to present anything. So, I think it a little unfair to use HLN to convict him. I do believe that there is an absolute chance that this wasn't premeditated murder, but an accident. What he's guilty of, I don't know. I won't say he's innocent, because his son is dead.

Quote Originally Posted by chlban View Post
    I am still somewhat on the fence as to whether he premeditated it, which is what I assume the question is. There is no doubt at all he left Cooper in the car.

One wierd thing has nagged at me since the hearing. If it was premeditated, wouldn't he have NOT sexted on the day it was planned for? That just seems like crime 101 for me. You have to know that if something like this happens LE is, at the very least, going to check your phone, don't you? So, to me it would point more toward guilt if there was no sexting that day.

I know that's a wierd, convulated reason to doubt intent, but what can I say.
    Interesting. You bring up a point that helped push me into forming the opinion Harris has a personality disorder. I think that most killers of premeditated murder go into it with the mindset that they'll never get caught. The defense attorney certainly tried his best--and failed--to persuade the Judge that the sexting had nothing to do with Cooper's death.

JMO

The thread topic is: Is there anyone that believes Ross is innocent?

My answer is that while I respect everyone else's opinions, I do not believe he is innocent.
    Thoughts and prayers for the people of Paris and all of France!

I do not believe he is innocent. Poor little baby Cooper, rest in peace little man. Can't imagine the horror you went through.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I do think there's the slightest chance this was all unintentional. Toddlers can fall asleep amazingly fast when they're overly tired and are finally given an opportunity to rest -- my son was capable of running laps at his grandparents' house for several hours, the very picture of a bundle of energy, and by the time we would have him in his carseat his eyes were already rolling back in exhaustion and he'd be out like a light.

I can only believe this was unintentional if RH forgot from the outset, not if he parked the SUV intending to take CH to daycare after checking in at work and only then forgot. As much as I respect all the thought that went into that theory, RH had seen the safety video the second time only five days before and would have had to be keenly aware of the growing peril his son was in. Every clock he passed in his workplace would have reminded him of the timer in the video, and he would have had no reason to do anything but make an excuse he was getting coffee or using the restroom, bolt out to the SUV and drop CH off at daycare, then rush back hoping nobody had noticed.

The more released about this case, though...I'm not sure if an entire deli case would be enough for the Swiss cheese theory of forgetfulness.

"A local psychologist and criminal profiler agree police will be looking at Justin Ross Harris’ habits, his testimonies and the evidence he left to determine who Harris was before he was arrested June 18"

http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_s...analyze-Harris

That was a bit of a downer. Wasn't RH deaf in the RIGHT ear?

Why did the psych totally ignore the fact that he sexted someone under 18.?
    wow.
    All posts are MOO
    Last edited by gngr~snap; 07-25-2014 at 11:23 AM.
    ~ my opinion only

"What wasn’t normal .......Harris apparently didn’t remember his child for seven hours".

"Crowder said Harris could have chosen to watch the video either to learn or to be entertained"

"What made Harris want to watch the video, Crowder said, is what will decide if he intentionally left his child in his car."

"You use deceptive behavior to reinforce what you want people to believe...
    .... you don’t use deceptive behavior for the truth,” Crowder said."

http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_s...analyze-Harris

All posts are MOO
    ~ my opinion only

I think mom's "did you say too much?" question pretty much throws "innocent" out the window. Obviously, there's something they're hiding, that they thought, if known by the authorities, would be bad.

He's guilty of killing his son. Whether or not it was accidental remains to be seen...but:

Does anyone know how Ross answered that question? Did he say, "Say too much?? About what????" (that would make me think he was just a dolt, and maybe this was an accident); but if he said, "No! I didn't!", without more having to be said about about what "it" is, then that smells pretty fishy to me.

Stoddard said at Harris’ hearing he had watched a video of a veterinarian sitting in a car for hours in the sun to show viewers what it would be like to suffer hyperthermia, which was the cause of death for Cooper Harris.

Read more: The Marietta Daily Journal - Profiler doctor analyze Harris

??

"nope"

Too much for me to believe he is innocent. I hope to God that there is video and audio of the interaction between RH and LH. Much of this case does have video, like the parking lot, probably c-f-a, their interaction, and then the texts and on-line activity. It's just too much for me.
    But, If I was on the jury, watched all that, and got interperted it all different than Stoddard, I could change my mind. I'm not into hanging innocent people, but he can never be totaly innocent in my mind, because Cooper is dead.

No. Not a chance. (answer to the thread question)

Page 3 of 38 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast