Porcelain Dolls Resembling Young Girls Placed in Front of 8 O.C. Families’ Homes

Mrs G Norris

Reaction score
Eight families in San Clemente have been targeted in a disturbing pattern under investigation by authorities: porcelain dolls have been left at their homes resembling young girls who live there.

http://ktla.com/2014/07/24/porcelai...irls-placed-in-front-of-4-o-c-families-homes/

Creepy and cute at the same time. I'm wondering if this is someone who's a little unbalanced, but with good intentions thinking the girls would like their 'likeness' dolls .. then everyone freaked out.

Awww... Mrs. G Norris ... You beat me to it ; was going to start a thread :) Anyway , yes, I'd say it's a bit creepy.
Who would possibly know these families well enough to leave dolls that look like their daughters ? Yikes !
Apparently these families don't know each other, and each thought they were the only ones receiving the dolls.

abcnews.go.com/US/mysterious-porcelain-dolls-left-front-homes-california/story?id=24703093

PHOTO: Porcelain dolls are mysteriously left on the doorstep of California families.
Sorry, tried to copy/paste a photo. The one in the light blue dress (second pic.) has lifelike, (creepy) eyes. Imo.

Hopefully some of those homes have sec. cams. outside.

I know .. it is really freaky, whoever did it had clearly been watching the houses and the girls too .. you'd be freaked if you were the parents!

:confused: I have no idea what to make of this odd story!

I find it weird that they all live in the same development but say they don't know each other? I think this is the work of an elderly neighbor... I mean, that's what I'm hoping for.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

I have to wonder if it isn't an old grandma type in the neighborhood. I knew an elderly woman who collected dolls. She had hundreds. She was so worried about who would take care of them after she passed. I'm trying not to be so jaded as to think it's some weirdo. Then again.....it could be some weirdo! :thinking:

I have to wonder if it isn't an old grandma type in the neighborhood. I knew an elderly woman who collected dolls. She had hundreds. She was so worried about who would take care of them after she passed. I'm trying not to be so jaded as to think it's some weirdo. Then again.....it could be some weirdo! :thinking:

I was thinking the same.The dolls look antique and well cared for as a collector would.This person possibly has no one to leave the dolls to and wanted to share them with the girls.It is sad that people think they are creepy,it is the kind of world we live in today.This person is likely afraid to come out and admit to leaving the dolls because of publicity.

I was thinking the same.The dolls look antique and well cared for as a collector would.This person possibly has no one to leave the dolls to and wanted to share them with the girls.It is sad that people think they are creepy,it is the kind of world we live in today.This person is likely afraid to come out and admit to leaving the dolls because of publicity.

It is sad that we are suspicious of so many things. It could be just a kind gesture.

Case solved and closed. Wonder what happened to all those spooky dolls?

'Up to 11 dolls were left in front of the girls’ homes, Hallock said. He initially said four dolls had been placed in front of homes, then revised that figure to eight and then 11.

No notes or threatening messages were attached to the dolls, which Hallock called “creepy or very unusual.” '

http://ktla.com/2014/07/24/porcelai...irls-placed-in-front-of-4-o-c-families-homes/

Thursday, the Sheriff's office announced they had found the 'culprit' - a local woman who had left the handcrafted dolls as a gesture of goodwill. No harm intended. Her name won't be released and the case is now closed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 114
Now the news is that a woman has come forward saying that she has left the dolls there, but only as a kind gesture, not a sinister one. I was wondering why people thought it was so sinister. It seemed rather kind to me, they were pretty dolls, not scary clown dolls or something like that.

Love it .. I was hoping that was the case .. Love a creepy doll story though!

Now the news is that a woman has come forward saying that she has left the dolls there, but only as a kind gesture, not a sinister one. I was wondering why people thought it was so sinister. It seemed rather kind to me, they were pretty dolls, not scary clown dolls or something like that.

That's great news! Do you have a link? It's hard to search on my phone TIA

Good news! I really felt this whole thing would have a nice ending.

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

http://abcnews.go.com/US/investigat...celain-dolls-left-doorsteps/story?id=24707112

The investigation focused on a woman who attends church with many of the families who found the dolls, according to a news release issued late Thursday by the Orange County Sheriff’s Department.

“Investigators made contact with the female adult who admitted to placing the porcelain dolls on the porch of the various residences in the community. Investigators have concluded that her motivation was out of goodwill and that she intended it as a kind gesture,” the news release says of the woman whom authorities have not identified.

It's a shame a sinister gesture was the first thought with this case but with all the evil people in the world parents can't afford to be trusting when it comes to their kids. I'm so super overprotective of my great grands that it drives my granddaughter and my sons nuts. They are forever telling me that I can't live my life in fear but I only have that intense fear when it comes to the little ones. The little boy is 7 and his sister is 3 and I won't even let the boy go to the men's room alone with me standing at the door. I can't even begin to imagine what parents and families go through when they lose a child. At least now these dolls can be enjoyed the way the giver intended. JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crimedeepdives23
Back