GUILTY KS - Kadillak Poe-Jones, 10 mos, dies in hot car, Wichita, 24 July 2014

Another one.... I'm so glad LE is starting to respond to this "epidemic" of Forgotten Baby Syndrome

kwch.com

We spoke with the girl's grandmother, Cindy Poe Friday morning. She came down from Topeka. Poe told us her two other granddaughters also lived in that home and before this incident, the men gave them excellent care.

"I just want see her, I just want to hold her, you know, for the last time," she told us. "That's what I'm trying to fight. They don't know if I can do that, I'm trying to fight to hold her."

Wichita police are expected to provide updated information during a morning briefing on Friday. We will provide live coverage of that briefing here at www.kwch.com.

'Forgotten' Foster Child Left in Hot Car Dies in Wichita

By Tracy Connor and Jim Doblin

A 10-month-old foster child died in Wichita, Kansas, after being left inside a hot car for two hours on a 90-degree day, police said Friday.

Detectives questioned the foster parents, two men ages 26 and 29, and booked the older one, Seth Michael Jackson, on a charge of child endangerment while the investigation in the Thursday evening tragedy continues.

"The child had been picked up from the babysitter somewhere around four o'clock in the afternoon...and somehow forgotten inside of the vehicle," Lt. Todd Ojile said.

After two hours had passed, one of the parents saw something on television that made him remember the baby girl, ran outside and got the child out of the car seat and brought her into the home.

Police got a 911 call about a child unconscious and not breathing, and were on the scene within minutes. The baby was pronounced dead at 6:49 p.m...

http://www.nbcnews.com/storyline/ho...oster-child-left-hot-car-dies-wichita-n164706

This makes the 18th hot car death for the year 2014 :(

^^^ I should hope not.

A Wichita man charged in the hot car death of a 10-month-old foster child was set to appear in court on Tuesday.
snipped
The foster father, Seth Jackson, 29, told police he picked up with child from a babysitter about 4 p.m. Thursday, drove home and forgot the child was in the back seat, according to Lt. Todd Ojile of the Wichita Police Department. Investigators say the girl was locked in the car with the windows up for some two-and-a-half hours. Temperatures in the Wichita area reached the low 90s on Thursday.

http://fox4kc.com/2014/07/29/foster...-death-of-10-month-old-baby-on-suicide-watch/

Video of the baby and more of the article at the link.

What a beautiful child she was

Is there any reason why they aren't disclosing the foster fathers' name? I've seen his mothers' name and pictures of him, but I've not seen him identified by name.

WICHITA, Kan. — Prosecutors announced charges against a man accused of leaving his 10-month-old foster child in a hot car last Thursday night, resulting in the girl’s death. Seth Jackson, 29, has been charged with first-degree murder in the commission of a felony, or second-degree murder in the alternative. The underlying felony is an aggravated endangering a child charge.
bbm

http://fox4kc.com/2014/07/30/foster-father-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-babys-hot-car-death/

In the article above it says he took his 5 yr old in the house and left the baby in the car. WTF

How can you remember one child and not the other. smh

I'm surprised the 5 yr old didn't say anything. They usually notice everything. Especially stupid mistakes we make.

The foster baby from Wichita. Anna is her name thanks to Lovejac!

She was so adorable! May she rest in peace with all of the butterflies and ladybugs entertaining her.

View attachment 55963

I wonder how long he had been her foster parent?

Kisner set Jackson’s bond at $250,000. It was initially set at $100,000. He remains in the custody of Sedgwick County Jail and is scheduled for a preliminary hearing Aug. 13.

The temperature in Wichita was about 90 degrees that day. Ojile said the tinted windows on the gray Dodge Charger were rolled up. The baby was one of six children, ranging in age from 10 months to 18 years, living in the home in the 1500 block of South Topeka with Jackson and the other man. The men had already adopted two of the children and were in the process of adopting the girl when she died.
bbm

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2014/07/30/3574655/foster-father-charged-with-first.html#storylink=cpy

Jackson and his partner had been trying to adopt the 10-month-old girl they had cared for nearly all her life. Police have said both foster parents were distraught over what happened.
bbm

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/foster-parent-charged-murder-hot-car-death-24781437

It says my message is to short! lol

http://fox4kc.com/2014/07/30/foster-father-charged-with-first-degree-murder-in-babys-hot-car-death/

In the article above it says he took his 5 yr old in the house and left the baby in the car. WTF

How can you remember one child and not the other. smh

And where did he think this child was for several hours? This wasn't a situation where he thought her dropped her off at a babysitter because he picked her off at the babysitter and went home. Obviously nobody was checking where the baby was during all this time.

The foster baby from Wichita. Anna is her name thanks to Lovejac!

She was so adorable! May she rest in peace with all of the butterflies and ladybugs entertaining her.

View attachment 55963

I read somewhere that the baby's name was Kadillak. I think it was an article that had them pictured together, but I can't remember where I saw it.

I read somewhere that the baby's name was Kadillak. I think it was an article that had them pictured together, but I can't remember where I saw it.

Bio family named her Kadillak. Foster family called her Anna.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vjeanine
Back