1063 users online (220 members and 843 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    los2188 is offline North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!

KS - Richard 'Connor' Ferguson, 19, & Bradley Kappel, 20, Fort Riley, 21 July 2014

Richard "Connor" Ferguson & Bradley Kappel

https://www.facebook.com/KansasMissingAndUnsolved
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Weird. If Bradley was trying to get to Indiana why was he last seen in Denver which is the opposite direction? If they are traveling together (which doesn't seem clear) they definitely present a real "Mutt and Jeff" image as Connor is more than a foot taller than Bradley.

Did the army put out the missing persons poster? Is it usual when people go AWOL that the army would go public in this way?

Bradley's FB: https://www.facebook.com/brad.kappel.75
    Connor's FB: https://www.facebook.com/connor.ferguson.92

After missing for one day I don't think that the Army would have a missing page for them. Are they just back from an overseas duty or preparing to head out. Most military leaves would not be in the middle of the week like this. And you're right, if he was in Colorado and wanting to go to Indiana then he is in the wrong direction, unless there was something about Colorado that we don't know yet. Very weird.

Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

"When from a long distant past nothing persists, after the people are dead, after things are broken and scattered, still alone, more persistent, more faithful, the smell and taste of things remain poised a long, long time like souls, ready to remind us, waiting, hoping for their moment amid the ruins of all the rest, and bear unfaltering in the tiny and almost impalpable drop of their essence the vast structure of recollection."

Thanks for posting this here at WS. I am Connor's dad and we are frantically searching for them. It IS believed that at least Bradley was wanting to go to Indiana...unsure if they would be together or not. If it were me I would think two people hitch hiking is a lot easier to remeber and spot than just 1...especially since the "Mutt and Jeff" theory is spot on!

The trail is a crazy one on this as I spent 5 days on the ground in Kansas trying do do my own investigation into Connor's actions and how he wound up going AWOL. The Army's stance is...put them into NCIC and wait for the police to pick them up. I was even told today by Army CID that I would NOT be kept in the loop as to any new leads in Brads case.....yes, Brads case. My son, Connor, does not have his own case open with CID. He is merely listed on Brads bolo as "last seen with Connor" type of thing. Too much on that to type and not sure I can stomach it right now anyway.

very frustrated, very worried, but thank you for posting this and helping spread the word. We are doing all we can with little to no military or civilian law enforcement help here.

I'm so sorry you and your family are having to go through this, Mr. F. This article probably explains some of what you don't feel like typing right now:

http://cjonline.com/news/2014-07-30/...onsidered-awol

Ferguson said people reported his sonís attitude had noticeably changed when he returned to base. He believes this attitude change revolves around a new group of friends his son made who live in Topeka. However, Fergusonís attempts to reach them were unsuccessful.

Most of the information Ferguson received about his son was through the military, until he decided to take the situation into his own hands. For five days last week, he traveled the area surrounding Junction City, Fort Riley, Ogden, Manhattan and Topeka.

ďIím frustrated, and Iím [filtered word] off,Ē he said. ďArmy CID has not been cooperative at all.Ē

i pray you find your son-

I hope you find your son and his friend! My thoughts are with you.

If they are AWOL, I just wish that the Army would say it was okay to come back and not risk getting in trouble. I'm not sure how that all works, if they are fined or whatnot?

Thanks for that article link OkieGranny. The article is OK, but not filled with nearly enough info in my opinion. Discrepancies in eye witness accounts of what Connor was wearing that night in Junction City, a 3rd person (civilian) was originally said to be with the two boys by the Hookah Lounge manager then he recanted that info, that civilian kid said he wasnt even at that lounge that night even though his Facebook page says otherwise and the fact that the KSU fraternity supposedly told Army CID and police they did see the boys that night, but yet when I talked to them nobody there saw them.

It all just doesn't add up and with no visual confirmation of Connor in Denver with Brad tends to make my mind drift to foul play or at least that there is more to Connor's disappearance than meets the eye. I could go on and on about what Army CID has told me..or better yet..refuses to tell me, but it's pointless right now. I seriously thought the Army would care a bit more about their soldiers and do more to ensure they are found safe.

Sorry to rant!! Thanks again WS for the awareness on their disappearance.

There is a large homeless group in Topeka, I will research and see if I can locate a good area where they stay and maybe someone there has seen them. As for Fort Riley/Junction City area, it is a rather odd community. A lot of run down areas that soldiers live in. Not sure what the demographics are since it has been a few years since I was there. But the area off of I 70 is rural country area where they do contained burning of grass fields and there are miles and miles of nothing but wheat, crps, windmill things.

One thing that has helped in the past is to have posters put in truck stops along the routes that one would take from Ft Riley. I am not sure how to do this, but others here may be able to help. Also campgrounds are a possibility. Seems scary to me that they have not been heard from.

Bumping. Anything new?

Missing Fort Riley soldiers now considered AWOL

The Topeka Capital-Journal reports they're considered to be AWOL by Fort Riley officials. Chris Grey, spokesman for the USA Criminal Investigation Command office in Quantico, Virginia, says the Army believes the two men didn't disappear under suspicious circumstances. But Connor Ferguson's father, Steve Ferguson, says it's out of character for his son to go AWOL.
    http://www.kake.com/home/headlines/2...269680061.html

Denver has had a massive increase in their homeless population since the change in the marijuana laws in CO. I was there for a conference in May, and the downtown area is FLOODED with them. I wonder if this could be where they are- since it say one was seen at the Doubletree. Just a thought.
    Six-year-old Shannon Sherrill disappeared from her front yard in Thorntown, Indiana in October, 1986. Someone knows where she is......

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sho...annon+sherrill

Bizarre case. Looking at Brad's FB, it looks like he added friends on 8/1.

https://www.facebook.com/brad.kappel...=browse_search

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast