IN IN - Union Co., WhtFem UP4847, 18-26, in field off Route 27, Feb'84

CarlK90245

UID Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I've been looking through some of the obscure early-1980's profiles for people in their teens and 20's. This one caught my interest:

NamUs UP 4847 https://identifyus.org/en/cases/4847

No Image Available

Unidentified White Female

The victim was discovered on February 22, 1984, in Union County, Indiana

Body Condition
Probable Year of Death: 1983-1984​

Vital Statistics

Estimated age: 18-26 Years
Approximate Height: 65 inches (5 feet 5 inches)​

Identifiers
Fingerprints: Not Available
Dentals: Not Available
DNA: Not Available

Case History
Not Available​

Given that this case is almost completely off the radar with no identifiers available, I can't help but wonder if this is Kimberly Blackburn.
36ddb140-bab2-482e-b95b-7941f602eb80.jpg

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/5007/6
She fits perfectly to all available info.

* Her height (5'5") is spot on.
* Her age (25) is within range.
* Her Date LKA 29-May-1983 fits the UID's 1983-84 timeframe.
* The location (Union County IN) is just up the road about 50 miles from Indianapolis.

I never did get a call-back from the local Coroner (Julie Laird), so I sent her an e-mail (with a copy to Case Manager Anthony Ciriello), to see if there is some way that this case can be compared to Kimberly Blackburn.

I'm interested in knowing more on this Jane Doe also. Do they have a sketch on her?Are there any newspaper articles on her? Are they going to get DNA and MTdna on her.

I never did get a call-back from the local Coroner (Julie Laird), so I sent her an e-mail (with a copy to Case Manager Anthony Ciriello), to see if there is some way that this case can be compared to Kimberly Blackburn.
May I please have her email?

I have an article from March 10, 1991 that was published in the Columbus Dispatch in Columbus, Ohio about sex and murder on the nation's interstates.

The March 1991 Columbus Dispatch article only said that the female unid was found in Union County, Indiana on February 22, 1984 along U.S. Route 27 in Union County and that the cause of death couldn’t be determined due to the severe decomposition of the body.

Here is a link to that article:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?...FU&usp=sharing

There is also another Websleuths thread about the Highway Serial Killings on I-70 & I-75 in the Midwest:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-MI-Highway-Serial-Killings-Midwest-I-71-I-75

Union County, Indiana is South of Richmond, Indiana along the Indiana Ohio border.

Thank You. The google article did not come up for me. It says

500. That’s an error.
There was an error. Please try again later. That’s all we know.

Thank You. The google article did not come up for me. It says

500. That’s an error.
There was an error. Please try again later. That’s all we know.

In case anyone wasn't able to view the article from the Google Drive link, here is a paragraph from the March 10, 1991 Columbus Dispatch newspaper article about the Union County, Indiana unidentified female.

Attachments

• Dispatch Article Eastern Indiana UNIDS.doc
    273 KB · Views: 21
Union County doesn't look like much goes on there other than farming.

There's almost 15-mi of US-27 in Union County, most of it going through flat farmland. I wish I knew where she was found. I can't even find out whether it was north or south of Liberty.

It's not far to Cincinnati going south on 27.

I was in the Richmond, Indiana area yesterday and decided to visit the public libraries while I was there. I found two different Eastern Indiana newspaper articles on microfilm from 1984 regarding the unid female that was found February 1984 in Union County, Indiana.

The first newspaper article is from a daily newspaper published February 24, 1984 in the Palladium Item from Richmond, Indiana.

The Palladium Item newspaper article reported that human skeletal remains were found in a farm field on County Road 150 East, 2 ½ miles northeast of Liberty in Union County, Indiana. The newspaper article also reported that the gender of the human remains hadn’t yet been determined.

The second newspaper article is from a weekly newspaper published March 1, 1984 in the Liberty Herald from Liberty, Indiana.

The Liberty Herald newspaper article reported that human skeletal remains were found shortly before sunset in a farm field two miles northeast of Liberty, Indiana. The human skeletal remains was determined to be a white female in her late 20’s to early 30’s, medium build, and five feet four to five feet five inches tall.

Indiana law enforcement authorities believe the body had been deceased since July or August of 1983.

So according to both Indiana newspapers, the victim’s body was found in a farm field off of a rural county road.

Attachments

• Palladium Item Richmond Indiana.doc
    2.7 MB · Views: 5
  • Liberty Herald Liberty Indiana.doc
    1.5 MB · Views: 4
That would be approximately here: https://goo.gl/maps/w09jo

That's about 20 miles south of I-76 through Richmond IN, about an hour west of Dayton OH, and about an hour and a half north of Cincinnati OH. And only a mile or so off state route 27, which looks to be a fairly major road through that part of the state.

I took a drive on the two lane U.S. Route 27 highway between Richmond and Liberty while I was in that area yesterday. The distance between Richmond and Liberty is 14 miles.

As I drove on U.S. Route 27 between Richmond and Liberty, I happen to notice that the farm fields were close to the highway and the land between the farm fields and the highway were flat. The shoulders are very narrow if you have to pull off from U.S. Route 27 in that area.

I believe that if a body had been dumped in that area along U.S. Route 27, it would have been easily visible from the highway and it would have been found a lot earlier.

I see that Miami University in Oxford, Ohio is 13 miles from Liberty, Indiana and it is 45 miles from Cincinnati, Ohio to Liberty, Indiana.

CarlK, the work you put in here for the unidentified and missing is absolutely amazing. You really have an ability to connect the dots. I just wanted to thank you!

Hoping for her to have her name back!

I took a drive on the two lane U.S. Route 27 highway between Richmond and Liberty while I was in that area yesterday. The distance between Richmond and Liberty is 14 miles.

As I drove on U.S. Route 27 between Richmond and Liberty, I happen to notice that the farm fields were close to the highway and the land between the farm fields and the highway were flat. The shoulders are very narrow if you have to pull off from U.S. Route 27 in that area.

I believe that if a body had been dumped in that area along U.S. Route 27, it would have been easily visible from the highway and it would have been found a lot earlier.

I see that Miami University in Oxford, Ohio is 13 miles from Liberty, Indiana and it is 45 miles from Cincinnati, Ohio to Liberty, Indiana.

There was a case in Wisconsin recently where the farmer had harvested corn in the field without noticing the body, so I guess people's remains aren't as visible as we'd like to think they are :( Were these planted fields, or pastureland?

There was a case in Wisconsin recently where the farmer had harvested corn in the field without noticing the body, so I guess people's remains aren't as visible as we'd like to think they are :( Were these planted fields, or pastureland?

The Liberty Herald newspaper reported that the body was found in the field of the farm which was part of the PIK program.

The PIK program was an 80's era federal government farm crop reduction program where farmers were paid not to plant crops on their farm land for a certain amount of acres.

The body was found in a section of the farm field where there weren't any crops planted or harvested.

The Liberty Herald newspaper reported that the body was found in the field of the farm which was part of the PIK program.

The PIK program was an 80's era federal government farm crop reduction program where farmers were paid not to plant crops on their farm land for a certain amount of acres.

The body was found in a section of the farm field where there weren't any crops planted or harvested.

Ah, that's what that means. Thank you.

I just happen to notice that this unidentified female isn't listed in the Indiana State Police Pendleton District cold case website or the main Indiana State Police cold case website.

ISP Pendleton District cold case website: http://www.in.gov/isp/2537.htm

ISP Main cold case investigations website: http://www.in.gov/isp/2507.htm

Could it be that since no clothing, shoes, or personal belongings were found with the skeletal remains, it isn’t listed on the Indiana State Police cold case website on account of the slim probability of the skeletal remains ever being identified?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
branditau.wareham72@gmail
Back