GUILTY AR - Harper, 10 mos, & Brian Floyd, 33, Ouachita Mountains, 25 July 2014

los2188

North Carolina Tar Heels..your NCCA Champs!!
Reaction score
Harper A. Floyd and Brian Floyd
baby-2.jpg
brian-floyd.jpg

Greenwood Man And Baby Reported Missing

GREENWOOD (KFSM) –
A Greenwood man and baby have been reported missing, according to a post on the Yell County Sheriff’s Department Facebook page. Brian A. Floyd, 33, and Harper A. Floyd, 10 months old, were last seen in the Ouachita Mountains, the post states.

http://5newsonline.com/2014/07/25/greenwood-man-and-baby-reported-missing/

http://www.thv11.com/story/news/local/2014/07/26/father--son-missing/13209377/

The Yell County Sheriff's Department and Yell County OEM are currently working with the FBI, Arkansas State Police, US Forest Service, Logan County Sheriff's Office, Sebastian County Sheriff's Office and Greenwood Police Department attempting to locate the missing persons and vehicle from yesterday.

As of this morning we are still searching for Brian Alan Floyd, 6/19/1981, WM, 5'9" and Harper Alexander Floyd, Age 10 months, last seen in the Ouachita Mountains area south of Blue Mountain Lake. Reported to have broken down in an approximately 1997 GMC King Cab Pickup, Dark Green in color with AR License Plate 288 TRP on an unknown mountain road.

Searching FB for more info, found some family members who indicate this may be more than just lost in a broken-down truck. Very concerning.

This is very close to me... I have barely seen it on my fb feed, the lack of info is concerning. This is a tight knit very rural outdoorsy community, it concerns me they aren't asking for searchers. Also this was mentioned on the Yell county sheriff's facebook in relation to the missing man and child: http://swtimes.com/news/convicted-logan-county-killer-escapes-prison-pine-bluff
Im not sure if I can link to the fb page...

According to a family member's FB post the news media has incorrect info on the missing man's truck ... apparently it's a 1997 Chevy Silverado Z71 dark green crew cab pick up w/chrome toolbox & cracked windshield.

Something about this missing persons report feels extremely serious & urgent. I hope WSers notice this one!

From the above article:

The two were reported missing Friday afternoon around 1:30.
Witnesses say Floyd's truck broke down south of Blue Mountain Lake in the Ouachita Mountains of Yell County.
Apparently it started running again, but the sheriff says Floyd's wife was left behind, because at one point she was in the truck with her husband and son.
The sheriff would not speculate on how the two were separated, but would only say they found Floyd's wife, nearby, Friday afternoon and are questioning her.
Detectives say Floyd is alone with his son and there's concern for the baby's safety...that's why the FBI is involved.

This sounds very worrisome. I wonder if they had some type of argument? I hope they find this little guy soon!

Ah, so more details are finally beginning to emerge. I kept seeing comments on news articles about a possible DV incident and questions about "why are they withholding info?" and had a feeling there was something more to this story.

Little Harper needs food, water, diapers. Temps have been in the high 80s/90s in Yell County. I hope they're holed up with a relative or something, where Harper is getting the basic necessities, instead of out there in the woods somewhere.

This is about the oddest story I've read in a while. WHAT? He was driving in the mountains with his wife and baby and somehow his wife got separated from him during the time his truck was broken down. Then, it started to run again and off he went leaving his wife up there all alone. Really?

The temps here are ridiculous, and the humidity is worse, it is hard to BREATH outside right now it is so hot. Dehydration and hyperthermia is a very real concern and could happen very quickly if they are outdoors, the only good news on that front is that if they are in the mountains it is usually about 10 degrees cooler (still way too hot and humid) and we have had a lot of rain recently so our creeks are not dried up like they normally are this time of year..
I don't have much faith in our local law enforcement, I sure hope they know what they are doing by withholding info when the public might be able and willing to help, most of the men (and some of the women) in this area know these woods like the back of their hands, and have access to fourwheelers and horses.
There is still the possibility that DV wasn't at play here, and that dad was forced to leave mom.... I just don't think there is enough information being released yet.

According to KARK 4 news facebook page, mom is in custody at the Yell county detention center.

http://www.4029tv.com/news/police-s...ed-following-truck-breakdown/27163708#!bn7L2N

According to a report from Sebastian County, Floyd called 911 July 20 to report a woman had broken into his house. Police said when they arrived at his home, Floyd was in a manic state and was hallucinating. He told them police and police dogs had been walking around his property and on his roof. Investigators did not find any evidence anyone had broken into Floyd's home.

Police said Floyd had a history of calling 911 to report different types of incidents. They contacted a family member who said Floyd had been having trouble with his medication.

Floyd was arrested on a charge of communicating a false alarm.

FB missing page: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Team-Harper/301899246650294

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wdavewong