07-26-2014, 03:42 AM #1
Author Rick Namey is guest on True Crime Radio Thursday August 7 at 8 PM Eastern
Rick Namey, author of the book, "Casey's Ghost" is going to be on my True Crime Radio show Thursday August 7th at 8 PM Eastern.
He is a very nice person and is very excited to be on the show.
You can find the live link to the show at www.truecrimeradio.com Also you'll see we have a chat room (open during the live show) and a link to the show archives too.
FYI True Crime Radio actually airs on iHeartradio.com on iHearts "Extreme Talk" section but it is so darn hard to find that I put everything in one place at www.truecrimeradio.com
Feel Free to put your questions here for Mr. Namey.
07-29-2014, 11:56 AM #2Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
I have marked this on my calendar. I still want to know if Rick has it on tape that Cheney said Casey will do whatever Cheney tells her to. She still owes him for past representation and will need him for future representation. (Paraphrased).
07-29-2014, 04:49 PM #3
Hello RN -
From Kindle pages 234 and 235.. regarding the fool-proof suffocation search made on June 16th- what proof do you have to support what you wrote below?
- Unfortunately, Tony Pipitone’s version of events is somewhat disingenuous. There was nothing “new” about the story, and prosecutors did not miss this evidence".
-The second point is that the information in question was NOT unknown to prosecutors at trial. It was left out, probably because it conflicted with their version of the prosecution’s timeline.
You did not quote CM, or insinuate that CM or someone else told you this - you wrote this yourself, so I ask - how do you know that the prosecution knew about this search at trial and left it out?
Please note that AZLawyer (yeah!!! she's a superstar!!) has responded to my question above in the book thread with their understanding of the facts regarding this search.Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.
07-29-2014, 10:02 PM #4
I'm confused and ask if you can please clarify your real motives for writing this book... from page 89
This document is the work of a whistle blower.
Call it a “tell-all,” if you like.
Because I cannot stand by while lies, mistruths and half-truths are being told.
I am here primarily in service to the truth.
Then, on pages 240 & 241, you included an email exchange between yourself and Tracy Ertl of TitleTown Publishing - they are too long to ask Trisha to read them in their entirety, so I have posted some of the contents of your email, in which you appear (to me) to resign from the Cheney Mason book project...you stated;
1). You agreed to do this without an advance
2). You lost the files and had to reconstruct most of your writing from scratch
3). It was extremely slow going, tedious work that needed a ton of research followed by a lot of organizing and polishing
4). You seriously underestimated the amount of work you were trying to do while keeping yourself afloat with other day work
5). Reevaluated whether or not if you can even do this
You do not mention any truth issues with what you claim to had heard/learned from Cheney Mason over these two years, or that you had decided to write your own book.
So I ask - are you "a faithful custodian of the truth" (page 242), or a writer who had not made a dime after almost two years of research on a project, which you both hoped would bring in an advance of a million dollars, only to be told, after shopping it around, it would only be offered a 50K advance - so you thought you could do better on your own?
Last edited by zippitydoda; 07-29-2014 at 10:21 PM.Judgment is not about destruction, but about setting things right.
08-02-2014, 06:18 PM #5
Mr. Namey-- in your book you refer repeatedly to an audience who only heard "soundbites" about the trial and the defendant (I apologize, but I can't and won't spell out her name, as it grants her a personhood IMO she doesn't deserve).
Your audience here isn't a soundbite audience, and the great majority of us believe her guilt was proven beyond every reasonable doubt. You seem to equivocate in your book about whether or not you believe she is guilty of murder. So, my number one question to you is:
Do YOU yourself, independent of what you think about the jury and their findings, believe she murdered Caylee?
2. You seem to believe George abused his daughter. If so, why?
3. About the alleged bk fraud. How familiar are you with FL bankruptcy law? Did you consult any FK bankruptcy attorneys to sound out your allegations?
4. Do you have any evidence that Cheney Mason and his client signed or verbally entered into any contract with any entity, including Dr. Keith Ablow?
If not, on what legal basis do you rest your allegations of fraud?
5. When was the last time you were in contact with Cheney Mason?
I look forward to hearing your reply. I bought and read your book on Kindle, which has given rise to these questions.
Last edited by Hope4More; 08-02-2014 at 06:36 PM.Warning label: In addition to facts and research, consumers of my posts may be exposed to opinions, hypotheses, inferences, hypothetical scenarios, speculation, I don't knows, IIRC's, IMO's, views others might not agree with, responses to views I don't agree with, incorrect assumptions, misremembered anythings, and an interest in trials and law that is decidedly driven by intellectual curiosity rather than emotion. Consume at your own risk.
08-03-2014, 07:07 PM #6Registered User
- Join Date
- May 2012
Great questions Hope4More,bankruptcy laws just may be different in Florida,hence the quiet media,maybe there is no bankruptcy fraud. Hope I am wrong,and this is not another get rich tactic flying over hinky stinky radar.
08-04-2014, 04:22 PM #7
WOW. You guys have done all my work for me. LOL.
Keep the questions coming.
This may have to be a two part show.
Remember to listen live all you need to do is make sure you go to www.truecrimeradio.com At the top of the page you will see, "Listen every Thursday between 8 PM and 9 PM Eastern". Right below that is the link to the live show on iHeart. You click on the iHeart link at 8 PM Eastern this Thursday and you will hear the show.
If you miss the show you can catch up at the archives which are also located at www.truecrimeradio.com
I would encourage all of you to join our chat which will open 30 minutes before showtime at, you guessed it, www.truecrimeradio.com
Just seemed easier to put everything in one place.
Thanks for your participation. I am really looking forward to this show.
08-04-2014, 06:25 PM #8Registered User
- Join Date
- Sep 2009
(1) Do you have on audio recording, J. Cheney Mason’s voice in discussions about potential DEALS with Oprah, CNN, Dr. Keith Ablow, etc.?
(2) Do you have it on tape that Cheney said Casey will do whatever Cheney tells her to. She still owes him for past representation and will need him for future representation.
(3) Do you believe subpoenas will be issued to many people in the process of the investigation of alleged bankruptcy fraud?
(4) What is your personal opinion as to why the main stream media are ignoring this story of alleged bankruptcy fraud?
Is the topic too hot to handle?
Is the media waiting to see if Casey Anthony and Cheney Mason get charged first?
Is it because this is going to take many months of investigation?
We know that CNN won't cover it because Ashleigh Banfield and Jean Casarez helped Mason shill his book on their shows.
(5) Is it true that you had a meeting with the Trustee Stephen Meininger in Tampa, and his attorney Allan Watkins, and U.S. Attorney Burnette in Tampa, and your attorney on July 16, 2014, and gave them your evidence of bankruptcy fraud, and played some of your audio tapes of J. Cheney Mason's voice?
(6) Have you given your evidence and recordings to the U.S. Attorney in Miami? If yes, when did you give it to this office?
This is the FEDERAL office which would investigate alleged bankruptcy fraud.
(7) Have you received any service of a lawsuit from attorney J. Cheney Mason?
Do you believe that he has not filed suit against you because it would require Casey Anthony to testify?
(8) Were you present in discussions with J. Cheney Mason and owner of Beaufort Books/TitleTown Publishing Eric Kampmann, and Editor Tracy Ertl when they were discussing you being the ghost writer for books for BOTH J. Cheney Mason AND Casey Anthony? Is this the SAME publishing company which just recently published J. Cheney Mason's book on July 7, 2014, which has a FORWARD written by Casey Anthony in it?
(9) Did you publish in your book, a full copy of the TitleTown Publishing LLC/P.O. Box 12093 Green Bay, Wisconsin 54307 CONTRACT dated [original date 27th day of July] - 3rd day of August , 2012, between TitleTown Publishing/Tracy C. Ertl, Cheney Mason, and Rick Namey? Is it true that this was well BEFORE Casey Anthony filed bankruptcy on January 25, 2013? When Casey Anthony was telling the bankruptcy court that she had NO BOOK DEALS.
(10) Does this CONTRACT specifically indicate that CASEY ANTHONY is involved?
II. TERMS AND CONDITIONS
1. Delivery of the Work
f. Publisher agrees to publish on a 2013 date agreed upon between Authors and Publisher.
4. Authors guarantee a Foreword written by Casey Anthony and the ability to publicize as such.
5. Authors guarantee an introduction to Casey Anthony after her probation and civil litigation cases [Zenaida Gonzalez, Roy Kronk, and Texas Equusearch] are concluded with the understanding that the Publisher will approach Ms. Anthony about the possibility of publishing her story.
(11) Did you include in your book a copy of the "FORWARD" which Casey Anthony wrote specifically for J. Cheney Mason's book, which confirms the condition in the CONTRACT?
(12) Did TitleTown Publishing owner Eric Kampmann give an interview to media, where he clearly stated extreme INTEREST in publishing a CASEY ANTHONY book, and that Eric Kampmann had already been in touch with a member of CASEY ANTHONY's legal team?
(13) Do you have audio recordings of J. Cheney Mason's voice stating that he intentionally planned the bankruptcy filing to defeat the civil lawsuits of Zenaida Gonzalez, Roy Kronk, and Texas EquuSearch?
(14) Did you choose to quit the book project, or did J. Cheney Mason fire you?
What were your reasons for quitting the ghost writer book project?
08-05-2014, 08:04 PM #9Registered User
- Join Date
- Aug 2011
Do you believe Tracy and Title town publishing will be forthcoming?
08-07-2014, 03:04 PM #10
Tonight's show will be very exciting. You all have excellent questions. THANK YOU.
Always remember you go to www.truecrimeradio.com for the link to the live show on iHeart Radio. Show airs at 8 PM Eastern
Also at www.truecrimeradio.com is the link to the archives and the chatroom.
See you tonight 8 PM Eastern at www.truecrimeradio.com
08-07-2014, 07:01 PM #11
I know that you and Mason go way back, and I know he is very arrogant and loves to win - and then really stick it to his opponent(s) - I was wondering if he ever boasted about any other schemes that he and/or Casey pulled over on anyone? Or were planning to (besides the bankruptcy)? I really believe he's too arrogant and spiteful to not want to take credit for out smarting the system and would have to, at least, tell those in his inner circle, especially a good ole boy that he trusted - one who he thought was on his side? He seems to take pleasure in using his influence and connections as a means to bully others and uses threats to get what he wants and, of course, most important to him, so he can "win" ...And I think he thinks it's all funny and doesn't care if another suffers, or has to go down, in order for him to come out on top. He comes off as someone who is full of vengeance and spite...
I was also wondering if any of the following ever came up in your conversations:
(1) It's been tossed around that the trustees are looking into fraud allegations of Casey not reporting any earnings for her employment by Mason, do you have any PROOF that Casey was working for Mason?
(2) What do you know, if anything, about Jose Baez selling the (staged) photos of Casey taken in Ohio shortly after her release? Did Casey profit from them?
(3) Did you ever learn of Casey receiving any money through outside sources, or concealing money she may have received? Do you have any knowledge of her making a deal or an arrangement with an outside source that she would profit from (surreptitiously), like, for example, from the Dr. Phil money or maybe another author's book?
(4) Do you know anything about Casey's social life? Is she really living the sad life of a hermit and in fear for her life or is she really staying out of the public eye because they want to protect the value of her "story"?
(5) Have you freely offered the tapes to any of the media you mentioned in an earlier post, HLN, CNN, etc?
(6) Did Mason share any specifics with you about the bankruptcy, like what they were going to do so Casey would qualify for it? Did he say anything about the $500,000 from Baez?
08-07-2014, 09:54 PM #12Registered User
- Join Date
- Jan 2012
Wow! I love all the questions...now for the answers. Thanks everyone!
08-07-2014, 10:30 PM #13
08-07-2014, 10:34 PM #14
Thanks to everyone who listened live.
If you missed the show don't worry. You can listen to the archive version RIGHT HERE
Rick Namey will be back next Thursday August 14th 8 PM Eastern..
Go to www.truecrimeradio.com and you'll find the live link to the show on iHeart, a link to all the past shows, and our chatroom.
Always remember www.truecrimeradio.com
08-08-2014, 12:51 AM #15
Trish: Let's talk about some of the things that you want to set the record straight on. You have a platform now, what do you want to get out in the open and change the perception that people may have; what do you want to set the record straight about? Go for it.
Namey: I just addressed the biggest one and that is that people think that I'm trying to get rich and make money off this and that I set the price of the book down at $9.95 and . . . . blah, blah, blah.
So disappointed. This was the most important point he wanted to get across? Really? Not the diabolical scheme between Casey and Mason ~ but his profit?
And when asked a couple of the direct questions from this thread he danced ~ not even tap danced. I believe I heard him doing the Charleston! When asked if he was fired or quit he said, "We don't know. . . . " Huh?
Spare me your six bucks, buddy. You are cruel and as much a blood sucker as all the rest. Maybe even worse because you appear to be a turncoat when your first assault on the blood money didn't pay off through Cheney Mason. And now you are so base that you would turn to us?
I have come to the conclusion that your main aim is to profit your pocket. Not to clarify anything that happened to Caylee. And what a shame, as you really were in the perfect position to have made a difference.
Sigh. And shame on you.
My opinion only ~ and my advice to Namey is to gird your loins. As ruthless as you seem to be, Mason is a whole lot nastier, more experienced and richer.The heart of the pure can see, but my eyes have never seen the unicorn . . .
By Tricia in forum True Crime RadioReplies: 1Last Post: 07-10-2014, 10:38 PM
By Tricia in forum True Crime RadioReplies: 0Last Post: 06-22-2014, 11:37 PM
By Tricia in forum True Crime RadioReplies: 0Last Post: 06-22-2014, 10:16 PM
By Tricia in forum True Crime RadioReplies: 1Last Post: 03-14-2014, 12:58 AM