797 users online (107 members and 690 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

PA - Dashaun Davis, 23, shot to death, York, 19 July 2014

http://www.abc27.com/story/26121388/...micide-suspect

Jeffrey Reid, 27, is wanted for the July 19 fatal shooting of Dashaun Davis, who was found dead in a parked car. Reid is considered armed and dangerous, police said.

During their investigation, officers said they were contacted by the parents of Reid's ex-girlfriend, 23-year-old Karina DeJesus. They reported they had not seen or heard from their daughter since the middle of the week and thought this was unlike her.

Detectives then learned DeJesus had contact with Reid on Wednesday evening and left with him. Police have now officially listed her as a Missing Person/Concern for the Welfare, and have entered her into the NCIC database.

No temptation has overtaken you except what is common to mankind. And God is faithful; he will not let you be tempted beyond what you can bear. But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can endure it. - 1 Corinthians 10:13 (NIV)

We are all one poor choice from being a subject on this forum. Think twice.

http://www.ydr.com/crime/ci_26223189...micide-suspect

DeJesus' mother, Brunilda Ramos of Lititz, said that her daughter and Reid had been in an "on-again, off-again" relationship for roughly the last four years. DeJesus and Reid had been living together in an apartment on South Duke Street. She left him in late June and went to live and work in Harrisburg, Ramos said...

Ramos said Reid had gone with her daughter back to York. On the evening of July 23, DeJesus, who Ramos said has one child with Reid and two others from a previous relationship, had been dropped off at a home where the children were staying, according to Ramos. The following day... one of her daughter's children said Reid and DeJesus had left together, and that DeJesus was sad.

Ramos said the family doesn't know the circumstances of how DeJesus left with Reid.
    http://local21news.com/news/features...lp-10689.shtml

They say Karina’s five-year-old son told them about saying goodbye to his mom. "Karina gave him a kiss and he said mom looked really sad and then she stated that she was sad, because she knew it would be the last time she would see her kids," said Madeline Bermudez, aunt of missing woman...

"Several phone calls, messages, voicemail messages stating that before they get him, that he was going to kill her,” said Bermudez.

A witness placed Reid at the scene of the homicide on Saturday night, documents state. The witness told police that they saw Reid and a woman leaving a home in the 300 block of North Newberry Street, and then walk northbound, then westbound onto the 200 block of Union Street. About 15 seconds later, four to five shots were heard from the area, documents state. Neither Reid nor the woman were seen for the rest of the night.
    http://www.ydr.com/crime/ci_26196583...ngerprints-are

I wonder when Karina and Reid began communicating again? I was reading up on the crimes he is suspected of committing and noticed that a woman was seen with him seconds before the murder. That made me wonder whether she could possibly have been the woman with him?

But in mentioning that, I want to add a BIG clarification. I'm not suggesting she was involved or complicit in anything he's accused of doing. That's a line of discussion that I believe would be off limits for us. I was thinking more along the lines of whether she may have witnessed something that he didn't want her to be able to tell police.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

: \ This sounds bad.

In 2001 Sarah Kinslow vanished after being dropped off at school. Thirteen years have passed...where is she?

I have to say, when I saw her picture I was instantly reminded of a woman I saw in the Metro Bank on Derry Street in Harrisburg on the 18th. She looked tired and distressed. She was also wearing a reflective vest. I'm not particularly confident in my facial recognition abilities and I'd be very surprised if that was her, but it was jarring enough that I have to wonder.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose22 View Post
    I have to say, when I saw her picture I was instantly reminded of a woman I saw in the Metro Bank on Derry Street in Harrisburg on the 18th. She looked tired and distressed. She was also wearing a reflective vest. I'm not particularly confident in my facial recognition abilities and I'd be very surprised if that was her, but it was jarring enough that I have to wonder.
    It never hurts to report it. What if it was her?

Going by the article above, this is a gang shooting. I hope that Karina wasn't involved in gangs, but it's not looking good for her.

Quote Originally Posted by southsleuth View Post
    Going by the article above, this is a gang shooting. I hope that Karina wasn't involved in gangs, but it's not looking good for her.
    Do you mean it sounds like a gang shooting or did you see that stated in one of the articles? It seems like that may be the case, but I didn't see it stated in any of the articles I've read, so at this point it was just my suspicion not something I was considering as fact.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.abc27.com/story/26125445/...er-safe-return

Brunilda Ramos said she tried all day Thursday to get a hold of her daughter and couldn't figure out what happened. But then her grandson said that Reid showed up just before Karina disappeared.

"We said 'what happened?'," Ramos told abc27. "He said 'He took my mommy. He took my mommy'"...

"The last time I talked to her was Monday and she said she was scared for her life," said Karina's cousin Yari DeJesus. "She told me that when he sees her that he was going to kill her. That was the last time I spoke to her."

http://lancasteronline.com/news/loca...7a43b2370.html

"He (Reid) was calling her last week, threatening to kill her," said Angelica DeJesus of Lititz, first cousin of Karina, "because she put a PFA against him" (protection from abuse order).

Reid is also wanted for questioning about a July 21 fire that burned a York city apartment building where DeJesus previously lived. The fire displaced 13 people.

Angelica DeJesus said Reid threatened her cousin the week before the fire, telling her that he would "burn her stuff," which was stored in the apartment building.

This dude sounds sociopathic.

http://lancasteronline.com/news/loca...7a43b2370.html

A Harrisburg woman abducted Wednesday morning by her violent ex-boyfriend has been found alive by law enforcement officials.

Her family, mostly from Lancaster County, are relieved and overjoyed that Karina DeJesus, 23, will be returning home safe, according to law enforcement officials who have not released any additional information about where she was found.

http://www.pennlive.com/midstate/ind...spect_a_1.html

A suspect in a York County homicide case was apprehended earlier Monday by a U.S. Marshals Service task force in Richmond, Virginia...

Jeffrey Allen Reid Jr. was taken into custody without incident in the 2400 block of Venable Street in Richmond. Reid was identified as a suspect in the July 19 shooting death of Dashuan Davis.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast