1430 users online (297 members and 1133 guests)  

The Killing Season - Websleuths

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Off the wall theories that have crossed your mind

In cases like this -- incredibly frustrating, complex and unusual, unsolveds - I find myself passingly *but seriously* (even if only for a few minutes or days) entertaining some pretty strange or off the wall/unlikely/simplistic/overly complex theories that I'm just NOT going to post anywhere for discussion, for fear of being pointed and laughed at.

I am sure we all have one or two ideas like that - I wanna see yours!

Here's one of mine:

I found myself wondering whether this could have begun as a vehicular homicide, ie, a car hit one of the bikes, killed one of the boys outright, or just stunned all three. They're stuffed, with bikes, into a vehicle and taken elsewhere, possibly killed right away or maybe just left in the trunk. Then driven back to RHH area later when the search dies down, bodies stashed in water, killer drives away.

Of course there's a whole heap wrong with that theory. But that's the point!~ Here's a thread for the theories that didn't wash, for you.

OK, here's my wild theory:

A homicidal maniac truck driver did it. He killed them in the bed of the 18-wheeler and threw them into the ditch. I know there's a lot wrong, but the thought did cros my mind at some point in time.

Damien Echols, Jessie Misskelly and Jason Baldwin did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

Oh here's another one:

Those supposedly hyper religious parole officers did it, and were using their jobs to both molest kids and make sure someone else was blamed for the murders quick smart.

Yep. I'm curious as to how much corruption is involved. They spoon fed the people what they wanted to hear and everyone bought it without question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    What you're dealing with is a horrendous crime. Three young boys murdered in cold blood. Just that alone upsets people. You look at the bodies and there are these savage injuries all over. It affects people emotionally and warps their judgement and then someone says, "Maybe it's satanic."

And they say, "Well the only type of person who would do this would be someone like that."

Off the wall theories that have crossed your mind

LOL. I posted to the wrong forum.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by missy_g; 07-26-2014 at 10:17 PM. Reason: oops!

I guess my off the wall theory is that the kids witnessed police involved in drug activity at the blue beacon truck stop parking area and were caught and silenced. especially with JMB involved as an informant in other cases.

Quote Originally Posted by Compassionate Reader View Post
    OK, here's my wild theory:

A homicidal maniac truck driver did it. He killed them in the bed of the 18-wheeler and threw them into the ditch. I know there's a lot wrong, but the thought did cros my mind at some point in time.
    Ausgirl, great topic! Along CR's train of thought, I too thought a trucker could have done it. To me, that is not a "ridiculous" theory at all -- I still think a trucker could have done it. He'd have a confined, yet big enough space in an empty cab he was hauling; he could have parked at the back of the truck stop parking lot; and there was even a trail that led directly from the last parking space of the truck stop, right to the discovery site. All he'd have to do is back up his truck into that last spot, and wait until night fall. Also, he'd have a vantage point to see when and where searchers were in the area, giving him the perfect time to transport the victims on multiple occasions.

Now, here's where my theory enters the absurd, to say the least -- but I must admit, it did cross my mind (once). I DON'T believe this to be true and I realize how absolutely ridiculous it is in even mentioning it in a thread entirely devoted to ridiculous theories, but I'll do it anyway:

MM's father. He was a truck driver (matter of fact, he was on the road when the murders occurred). He'd no doubt have knowledge of all the areas involved: Blue Beacon, the truck stop, the discovery woods. Big enough man to have been able to transport the bodies. Could have easily gained the boys' trust and lured them into the empty cab.

Again -- I KNOW this is an absolutely ridiculous theory, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind (one time).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, one thing I actually did find intriguing was how a reporter called an old Blue Beacon truck wash employee to inquire about the case. Here is an excerpt from the article:

"We tore that old place down," says a Blue Beacon worker. He refuses to discuss the murders and won't give me his name. "It's over with, and I'm not allowed to talk about it. All these years later, I'm still trying to figure out if those three kids that got killed were the same kids we told not to play here that day because of the trucks."

When I ask him if he believes they got the guys who did it, he hangs up.
    They tore the place down, yet he's still not allowed to talk about it? Full article here: http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/...nt?oid=1129741

Quote Originally Posted by Userid View Post
    Ausgirl, great topic! Along CR's train of thought, I too thought a trucker could have done it. To me, that is not a "ridiculous" theory at all -- I still think a trucker could have done it. He'd have a confined, yet big enough space in an empty cab he was hauling; he could have parked at the back of the truck stop parking lot; and there was even a trail that led directly from the last parking space of the truck stop, right to the discovery site. All he'd have to do is back up his truck into that last spot, and wait until night fall. Also, he'd have a vantage point to see when and where searchers were in the area, giving him the perfect time to transport the victims on multiple occasions.

Now, here's where my theory enters the absurd, to say the least -- but I must admit, it did cross my mind (once). I DON'T believe this to be true and I realize how absolutely ridiculous it is in even mentioning it in a thread entirely devoted to ridiculous theories, but I'll do it anyway:

MM's father. He was a truck driver (matter of fact, he was on the road when the murders occurred). He'd no doubt have knowledge of all the areas involved: Blue Beacon, the truck stop, the discovery woods. Big enough man to have been able to transport the bodies. Could have easily gained the boys' trust and lured them into the empty cab.

Again -- I KNOW this is an absolutely ridiculous theory, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind (one time).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, one thing I actually did find intriguing was how a reporter called an old Blue Beacon truck wash employee to inquire about the case. Here is an excerpt from the article:

They tore the place down, yet he's still not allowed to talk about it? Full article here: http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/...nt?oid=1129741

I agree with this so much!!! I just keep going back to the truck stop. It would make so much sense.

Oh and another one:

Simmons and Benyo were part of an international pedo ring, LG was being groomed into further moral decripitude in order to soften him up for eventually taking a role in this organisation. One or all of them were murderers. Probably the one who left the country soon after.

Yes, this is how my head works when left to its own devices. Though I actually do think LG was being groomed for *something*..

The reason I ruled out the truck driver theory is that, if true, I would think that there would be a trail of murders across the country that could be linked to a truck driver. However, I never thought of TM (MM's dad). I don't believe it, but his aversion to the media does give one pause . . .

The reason I ruled out the truck driver theory is that, if true, I would think that there would be a trail of murders across the country that could be linked to a truck driver. However, I never thought of TM (MM's dad). I don't believe it, but his aversion to the media does give one pause . . .
    Me too! it bothers me that TM and TH are so sure that they caught the right ones, the 3 men convicted of it, that they won't acknowledge the possibility of other suspects. And I wonder how if TM was on the road he got back so quickly the next day. Just my idle wonderings.. so many possible angles the police didn't follow up on thoroughly.

I think that there is. I don't think that the crimes could possibly be as noticeable as these because they were three innocent little boys. But I've been doing some reading on truckers and serial killers and I honestly believe that there are tons of truckers who are killing easy pray. Maybe that's the thing here is that this trucker doesn't typically go after little boys and this was a crime by chance. When you think about it how many little boys are actually by truck stops? From all the times I've been out on the road with my trucker I've never seen little boys riding there bikes...but there are lots of hookers. Maybe this trucker just kills whatever is easy at the moment. And sad to say but "lot lizards" as they are called don't really get noticed when they are killed and hard to track because truckers usually tend to dump the victims on the other side of the country and stay Jane Does for a long time before even being identified. As crazy as I sound I believe that serial killers who are truckers are the hardest to catch and there are more of them then we know.

I don't want to keep pressing the truck driver did it issue because I understand there are people here who have put there hearts and souls into this case and know way more then I do. I've only just started reading about this case. But honestly I was about five min into looking at this and pictures and maps...I kept thinking DUHHHH THE TRUCK STOPPPP!!!!!!! But like I said I haven't spent much time reading a whole lot on this and others know so much more then I do so I'm sure there are reasons why some have never considered this.

I've entertained the whole truck driver idea too. What with several truck stops near by, and the Blue Beacon almost literally next to the discovery site, it seemed plausible. Mr. Bojangles crossed my mind for a brief second too, when I first heard about him.

Never gone as far as to suspect TM though and (probably) never would.

Quote Originally Posted by Graznik View Post
    I've entertained the whole truck driver idea too. What with several truck stops near by, and the Blue Beacon almost literally next to the discovery site, it seemed plausible. Mr. Bojangles crossed my mind for a brief second too, when I first heard about him.

Never gone as far as to suspect TM though and (probably) never would.
    I hadn't, either, but I do wonder now!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast