Off the wall theories that have crossed your mind

Ausgirl

Reaction score
In cases like this -- incredibly frustrating, complex and unusual, unsolveds - I find myself passingly *but seriously* (even if only for a few minutes or days) entertaining some pretty strange or off the wall/unlikely/simplistic/overly complex theories that I'm just NOT going to post anywhere for discussion, for fear of being pointed and laughed at.

I am sure we all have one or two ideas like that - I wanna see yours!

Here's one of mine:

I found myself wondering whether this could have begun as a vehicular homicide, ie, a car hit one of the bikes, killed one of the boys outright, or just stunned all three. They're stuffed, with bikes, into a vehicle and taken elsewhere, possibly killed right away or maybe just left in the trunk. Then driven back to RHH area later when the search dies down, bodies stashed in water, killer drives away.

Of course there's a whole heap wrong with that theory. But that's the point!~ Here's a thread for the theories that didn't wash, for you.

OK, here's my wild theory:

A homicidal maniac truck driver did it. He killed them in the bed of the 18-wheeler and threw them into the ditch. I know there's a lot wrong, but the thought did cros my mind at some point in time.

Damien Echols, Jessie Misskelly and Jason Baldwin did it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh here's another one:

Those supposedly hyper religious parole officers did it, and were using their jobs to both molest kids and make sure someone else was blamed for the murders quick smart.

Yep. I'm curious as to how much corruption is involved. They spoon fed the people what they wanted to hear and everyone bought it without question.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LOL. I posted to the wrong forum.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406427225.093280.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1406427225.093280.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 127
I guess my off the wall theory is that the kids witnessed police involved in drug activity at the blue beacon truck stop parking area and were caught and silenced. especially with JMB involved as an informant in other cases.

OK, here's my wild theory:

A homicidal maniac truck driver did it. He killed them in the bed of the 18-wheeler and threw them into the ditch. I know there's a lot wrong, but the thought did cros my mind at some point in time.

Ausgirl, great topic! Along CR's train of thought, I too thought a trucker could have done it. To me, that is not a "ridiculous" theory at all -- I still think a trucker could have done it. He'd have a confined, yet big enough space in an empty cab he was hauling; he could have parked at the back of the truck stop parking lot; and there was even a trail that led directly from the last parking space of the truck stop, right to the discovery site. All he'd have to do is back up his truck into that last spot, and wait until night fall. Also, he'd have a vantage point to see when and where searchers were in the area, giving him the perfect time to transport the victims on multiple occasions.

Now, here's where my theory enters the absurd, to say the least -- but I must admit, it did cross my mind (once). I DON'T believe this to be true and I realize how absolutely ridiculous it is in even mentioning it in a thread entirely devoted to ridiculous theories, but I'll do it anyway:

MM's father. He was a truck driver (matter of fact, he was on the road when the murders occurred). He'd no doubt have knowledge of all the areas involved: Blue Beacon, the truck stop, the discovery woods. Big enough man to have been able to transport the bodies. Could have easily gained the boys' trust and lured them into the empty cab.

Again -- I KNOW this is an absolutely ridiculous theory, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind (one time).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, one thing I actually did find intriguing was how a reporter called an old Blue Beacon truck wash employee to inquire about the case. Here is an excerpt from the article:

"We tore that old place down," says a Blue Beacon worker. He refuses to discuss the murders and won't give me his name. "It's over with, and I'm not allowed to talk about it. All these years later, I'm still trying to figure out if those three kids that got killed were the same kids we told not to play here that day because of the trucks."

When I ask him if he believes they got the guys who did it, he hangs up.

They tore the place down, yet he's still not allowed to talk about it? Full article here: http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/life-after-death/Content?oid=1129741

Ausgirl, great topic! Along CR's train of thought, I too thought a trucker could have done it. To me, that is not a "ridiculous" theory at all -- I still think a trucker could have done it. He'd have a confined, yet big enough space in an empty cab he was hauling; he could have parked at the back of the truck stop parking lot; and there was even a trail that led directly from the last parking space of the truck stop, right to the discovery site. All he'd have to do is back up his truck into that last spot, and wait until night fall. Also, he'd have a vantage point to see when and where searchers were in the area, giving him the perfect time to transport the victims on multiple occasions.

Now, here's where my theory enters the absurd, to say the least -- but I must admit, it did cross my mind (once). I DON'T believe this to be true and I realize how absolutely ridiculous it is in even mentioning it in a thread entirely devoted to ridiculous theories, but I'll do it anyway:

MM's father. He was a truck driver (matter of fact, he was on the road when the murders occurred). He'd no doubt have knowledge of all the areas involved: Blue Beacon, the truck stop, the discovery woods. Big enough man to have been able to transport the bodies. Could have easily gained the boys' trust and lured them into the empty cab.

Again -- I KNOW this is an absolutely ridiculous theory, but I'd be lying if I said it didn't cross my mind (one time).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

On another note, one thing I actually did find intriguing was how a reporter called an old Blue Beacon truck wash employee to inquire about the case. Here is an excerpt from the article:

They tore the place down, yet he's still not allowed to talk about it? Full article here: http://www.memphisflyer.com/memphis/life-after-death/Content?oid=1129741

I agree with this so much!!! I just keep going back to the truck stop. It would make so much sense.

Oh and another one:

Simmons and Benyo were part of an international pedo ring, LG was being groomed into further moral decripitude in order to soften him up for eventually taking a role in this organisation. One or all of them were murderers. Probably the one who left the country soon after.

Yes, this is how my head works when left to its own devices. Though I actually do think LG was being groomed for *something*..

The reason I ruled out the truck driver theory is that, if true, I would think that there would be a trail of murders across the country that could be linked to a truck driver. However, I never thought of TM (MM's dad). I don't believe it, but his aversion to the media does give one pause . . .

The reason I ruled out the truck driver theory is that, if true, I would think that there would be a trail of murders across the country that could be linked to a truck driver. However, I never thought of TM (MM's dad). I don't believe it, but his aversion to the media does give one pause . . .

Me too! it bothers me that TM and TH are so sure that they caught the right ones, the 3 men convicted of it, that they won't acknowledge the possibility of other suspects. And I wonder how if TM was on the road he got back so quickly the next day. Just my idle wonderings.. so many possible angles the police didn't follow up on thoroughly.

I think that there is. I don't think that the crimes could possibly be as noticeable as these because they were three innocent little boys. But I've been doing some reading on truckers and serial killers and I honestly believe that there are tons of truckers who are killing easy pray. Maybe that's the thing here is that this trucker doesn't typically go after little boys and this was a crime by chance. When you think about it how many little boys are actually by truck stops? From all the times I've been out on the road with my trucker I've never seen little boys riding there bikes...but there are lots of hookers. Maybe this trucker just kills whatever is easy at the moment. And sad to say but "lot lizards" as they are called don't really get noticed when they are killed and hard to track because truckers usually tend to dump the victims on the other side of the country and stay Jane Does for a long time before even being identified. As crazy as I sound I believe that serial killers who are truckers are the hardest to catch and there are more of them then we know.

I don't want to keep pressing the truck driver did it issue because I understand there are people here who have put there hearts and souls into this case and know way more then I do. I've only just started reading about this case. But honestly I was about five min into looking at this and pictures and maps...I kept thinking DUHHHH THE TRUCK STOPPPP!!!!!!! But like I said I haven't spent much time reading a whole lot on this and others know so much more then I do so I'm sure there are reasons why some have never considered this.

I've entertained the whole truck driver idea too. What with several truck stops near by, and the Blue Beacon almost literally next to the discovery site, it seemed plausible. Mr. Bojangles crossed my mind for a brief second too, when I first heard about him.

Never gone as far as to suspect TM though and (probably) never would.

I've entertained the whole truck driver idea too. What with several truck stops near by, and the Blue Beacon almost literally next to the discovery site, it seemed plausible. Mr. Bojangles crossed my mind for a brief second too, when I first heard about him.

Never gone as far as to suspect TM though and (probably) never would.

I hadn't, either, but I do wonder now!

I hadn't, either, but I do wonder now!

Well, I suppose until we know who did it, we can't know for certain who didn't! Just because a lot of evidence points in one direction we shouldn't refuse to look in other directions.

However, TM provided a solid alibi didn't he?! Confirmed by logs one would assume? I'm struggling to entertain the idea tbh, and I wouldn't want it to be interpreted as pointing fingers or being accusatory.

I guess my off the wall theory is that the kids witnessed police involved in drug activity at the blue beacon truck stop parking area and were caught and silenced. especially with JMB involved as an informant in other cases.
As stated before, JMB was a drug informant for the Memphis Police Department NOT West Memphis. However, he did one time, give 'assistance' to the wmpd. Furthermore, had there been any serious thought that the murders might be either a revenge or warning message by big time dealers then surely the Memphis Police Department would have been involved, especially their drug squad! It really just comes down to whether people opt to believe JMB or not. Sadly, many base their view on that according to how they 'perceived' him to be in the films and most did not like the man we saw then!

Due to the intersections of two major interstates West Memphis became a major hub for drug distribution to all the four main compass points. Also no truck would look suspiciously out of place at a truck wash!

The anomalies surrounding the BB Truck Wash, rota, receipts lack of ant real evidence of scrutiny by the wmpd, have always perturbed me. But that could also be explained if some of the CCDTF were using people there to move some of their 'confiscated assets', from busts, that did not make it to the evidence room!

Given the alleged paranoya of drug dealing fraternity it is easily possible that the three boys might have seen something that caused concern and that they were 'silenced'.

As stated before, JMB was a drug informant for the Memphis Police Department NOT West Memphis. However, he did one time, give 'assistance' to the wmpd. Furthermore, had there been any serious thought that the murders might be either a revenge or warning message by big time dealers then surely the Memphis Police Department would have been involved, especially their drug squad! It really just comes down to whether people opt to believe JMB or not. Sadly, many base their view on that according to how they 'perceived' him to be in the films and most did not like the man we saw then!

Due to the intersections of two major interstates West Memphis became a major hub for drug distribution to all the four main compass points. Also no truck would look suspiciously out of place at a truck wash!

The anomalies surrounding the BB Truck Wash, rota, receipts lack of ant real evidence of scrutiny by the wmpd, have always perturbed me. But that could also be explained if some of the CCDTF were using people there to move some of their 'confiscated assets', from busts, that did not make it to the evidence room!

Given the alleged paranoya of drug dealing fraternity it is easily possible that the three boys might have seen something that caused concern and that they were 'silenced'.

It was just a thought, I believe in a town that size people knew of JMB and what he was about, not necessarily that he was an informant for the wmpd but that he had a reputation for being an informant. If CB witnessed drug activity at the blue beacon truck stop from wrong place wrong time kind of a situation, I bet he would have been silenced for being JMB's "boy" and other boys for being there. It's more probable that it was done by an immediately family member/care giver or secondary family member. It still bugs me that CB had the most violent and decisive head injury.

I based my views on JMB on the charge of terroristic threats with a taser to his ex-wife, pulling a shotgun on a child to make him fight another child, hitting other people's kids, terrorising and ripping off his neighbours.... etc etc .. all the various other acts of interpersonal and domestic violence that I refuse to downplay because he is now an object of sympathy for some. Seeing this individual's long history of abuse toward human beings weaker than himself get downplayed and even whitewashed really gets my goat.

Oddly enough, he did not hardcore feature in my any of my theories for a long time (not even after the movies!), until I really sat back and took a long hard look at exactly what kind of man he is, and what he's gotten away with or may as well have. It's chilling. Like Hobbs' history (which ofc features him actually killing somebody... ) it's chilling. Violent men on drugs snap, they're famous for it. I don't know how these two could be seen as somehow incapable of it, when everything in their histories says otherwise. It flabbergasts me.

And now I'm off topic, dammit. Back on it:

Yes, the 'killer passing thru' theory was up there, early on for me. I spent idk how many hours scouring US news archives for ANY crime which even vaguely resembled it, assuming a person of that nature would not stop at a single crime (and really, they almost never do).

Mainly, as I thought the bindings highly resembled the kind of thing I'd expect to see in a fetishistic crime. I'm still nursing that suspicion, to a lesser degree now, as I think it also could have been entirely functional - though I highly doubt the bindings were carry-handles of any kind!

Anyway, when I was thinking 'trucker', I even thought the boys might have been shoved into a truck, bound and posed for pictures before being killed. Not so much now, for various reasons. But it was a line of thought that stuck with me for a long time.

Whilst I do not subscribe to his opinion of the guilty parties here (!) I cannot, for the life of me, interpret his reluctance to play a 'public' role in the ongoing story of the death of the three boys, as a possible 'red flag'. There are plenty of new suporters around at the moment with a great deal of hard slog catching up to do - let us not confuse them more by even hinting for a second that another paternal figure might be a potential perp JMO

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cabinsleuth
Back