1071 users online (220 members and 851 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RH's Ear and the alleged Bottle Rocket Accident

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    "A local psychologist and criminal profiler agree police will be looking at Justin Ross Harris’ habits, his testimonies and the evidence he left to determine who Harris was before he was arrested June 18"

http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_s...analyze-Harris

That was a bit of a downer. Wasn't RH deaf in the RIGHT ear?

Why did the psych totally ignore the fact that he sexted someone under 18.?
    wow.
    All posts are MOO
    All of these reports about RH having loss of hearing in his right ear that required at least one surgical procedure after a bottle rocket exploded near him in his youth have me questioning the veracity.

This shows JRHs left ear. The left earlobe looks as if a bottle rocket may have shot clear through it.

Because of this image, now I want to know what he was carrying in the pocket of his orange top.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/26b2...Harris-024.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by DeDee View Post
    All of these reports about RH having loss of hearing in his right ear that required at least one surgical procedure after a bottle rocket exploded near him in his youth have me questioning the veracity.

This shows JRHs left ear. The left earlobe looks as if a bottle rocket may have shot clear through it.

Because of this image, now I want to know what he was carrying in the pocket of his orange top.

IMO heart disease.
    http://heartcurrents.com/heart-disea...arlobe-crease/

"He did. This is back when we were -- when both of us were still working at the University of Alabama, he was working delivering mail and things like that. I was working as a building manager at the student union there."

"And so because of where we were in our jobs, we actually crossed paths a lot, because he would deliver stuff to the student union. I remember it wasn't long after it had happened and he had surgery, it was -- the way it was explained to me, a bottle rocket had somehow gone off and shot into his ear and exploded in his ear."

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...14/csr.01.html

All posts are MOO
    Last edited by gngr~snap; 07-27-2014 at 12:15 AM.
    ~ my opinion only

I have wondered this myself and just assumed the photo was flipped and that the split lobe is his right one.

Moved from the RH thread
    Focus on the small detail of hearing:

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    IMO heart disease.
    http://heartcurrents.com/heart-disea...arlobe-crease/

He did. This is back when we were -- when both of us were still working at the University of Alabama, he was working delivering mail and things like that. I was working as a building manager at the student union there.

And so because of where we were in our jobs, we actually crossed paths a lot, because he would deliver stuff to the student union. I remember it wasn't long after it had happened and he had surgery, it was -- the way it was explained to me, a bottle rocket had somehow gone off and shot into his ear and exploded in his ear.*
    He did. This is back when we were -- when both of us were still working at the University of Alabama, he was working delivering mail and things like that. I was working as a building manager at the student union there.
    http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIP...14/csr.01.html

All posts are MOO
    I simply adore being around brilliant minds! Thank you, gngr~snap! I do believe you will prove yourself to be the go-to-expert in sweet Cooper's case. It's uncanny that you live nearby the CS, and have for years; you are a trained medical professional; and a super sleuth online detective with a specialty in maps.

Diagonal Ear Lobe Crease: It even has an acronym: DELC

Now I wonder if TRT causes heart disease...

"We know that low testosterone causes dementia, depression, poor cognition, erectile dysfunction, and overall lower quality of life. We also know that low testosterone is associated with a shorter life span..... low testosterone levels are associated with (visceral) obesity, the metabolic syndrome, diabetes mellitus, cardiovascular disease and erectile dysfunction (ED)."

TRT does not cause CVD; LowT causes cardiovascular disease.

http://www.dangerandplay.com/2014/04...heart-attacks/

JRH was not a very healthy boy.

moo and all that jazz

deleting, moving post to thread re Ross' ear.
    Last edited by al66pine; 07-27-2014 at 01:09 AM. Reason: as shown

He has the ear fold in both ears now.

The left ear wasn't too bad here.

All posts are MOO
    Last edited by gngr~snap; 07-27-2014 at 01:14 AM.
    ~ my opinion only

RH's Ear and the alleged Bottle Rocket Accident

Talk about the ear, here

Salem

Deaf ear?

'Funny' earlobe? Which side?
    I posted about creased earlobe being on same side as mark near corner of his mouth, but was mistaken,
    as corrected, per gngr~snap, both earlobes have crease. Thx, g-s.

BTW, his booking photo is not/should not be flipped (no selfie mugshots, lol).
    The mole/mark close to corner of mouth is on his left.

....All of these reports about RH having loss of hearing in his right ear ....

SBM BBM

Ear detail...we have officially reached a lull in the case lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post

jump-the-shark.gif

Quote Originally Posted by MzOpinion8d View Post
    Well, imagine my own surprise to discover this thread was allegedly started by me. Does this mean every post on this thread has to pertain to this man's ear?
    If so, this promises to be a one page thread.

I hate to carry on and make this a two page thread
    but.......

Am I seeing these pictures correctly, aren't they of the right ear, and not the left ear.

Right ear bottle rocket, surgery, can not hear.
    Left ear creased, fold?, scar?, unsure why the misshape. Able to hear.

I only have a 50/50 chance of getting this right - please don't confuse me anymore than I am

I wasn't going to get involved with the left earlobe discussion, but here I am anyway, lol!

The left earlobe, to me, appears to be a traumatic tear of a cosmetic piercing or gauging, that has healed poorly without benefit of a plastic surgery closure. (And possibly with infection as a complication.) It is too pronounced and traumatic for a "cardiac" crease, IMO, and in the wrong place. And it doesn't appear to me to be a congenital malformation.

Lol, we have attempted to "fix" a number of these in the OR as "hey doc, as long as I'm under, would you sew up...." Both umbilical piercings and earlobe piercings/ gauging seem to be subject to a lot of "buyer's regret" as the owners age and mature, IMO.

All these bodily piercings sure seem to get in the way of our surgical procedures and instruments these days, lol! Not everyone lands on an OR table as an elective procedure, able to remove the jewelry before surgery. People these days have loops, hoops, bands, studs, and implants in the most unusual places! Ouch! (And icky, when not healed well.) I just wish people would stop with the airway piercings. I have gone diving into an airway more than a few times looking for bits of jewelry among the broken teeth, torn tongues, and lacerated lips, etc, from facial trauma. And my general surgeon and OBGYN colleagues would wish for less jewelry "down there", too.

To each his or her own, I guess. I wish people would research the complications and consequences ahead of time, but most don't. <Climbing down from soapbox.>

But here are a few icky pics, if you're interested.

Search under images for "ear gauging damage". Can't link.

I am curious, but MAN was it tough looking at all those closeups of RH. His face is repellant to me. Any more than that and I risk a TO.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast