Premeditated Theory

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaperDoll

When I'm Silent, I make the most sense
Reaction score
Do you think that this was premeditated? I personally think it was. I think RH had been thinking about this for some time. My theory is Cooper was going to be a hinder in RH's life, more trouble than it's worth. I believe he was trying to figure out a way to get rid of Cooper without it looking like it was intentional. This is STRICKLY MY OPINION and sometimes my opinions are not correct :D (but this one is..lol) :hand:

What is your theory?

I believe it indeed was. He planned to make it look like he forgot. It was an accident. No one would even question it.
He has a past in LE, he knew car seat rules and even had watched videos. It was his worst fear and by golly, it happened to me.
He deleted stuff off his phone just in case he might want to offer it to them to prove he was an upstanding church guitar player.
He can manipulate everyone and walk away a free man.
-Easy

oh and he chose the pizza place so that LH (and his friends) wouldn't see him
if they were to back track his route to the movies.

All posts are MOO

I believe he put on the "good dad" act as well. I think he was plotting this for some time and didn't know how or was hesitant then decided he had to do while Cooper was still young enough to be in a car seat.

Great topic, paperdoll!

I haven't made up my mind on the degree of premeditation-- whether he planned it all from the beginning, or is just negligent, sex distracted, and a not-very-bright guy that wasn't very good at coming up with a plausible scenario to cover up his extreme negligence. I'm very interested to hear what else prosecutors and investigators have, that they haven't shared publicly yet.

I really have a hard time dismissing the fast food breakfast, and the scant amount of time between buckling Cooper in, and "forgetting" him. Then continuing to "forget" dropping off Cooper ALL DAY, with a return trip to the car. He just wasn't that busy at work for that to make sense.

And I really don't want to give him a pass for being SO DISTRACTED with sexting that he's excused for "forgetting". Men actually ARE capable of pushing thru (no pun intended) their "sex fog" to know right from wrong, lol, IMO. That's the same as saying a woman in labor no longer knows right from wrong, because she's preoccupied with birthing her child. He definitely knew that child was in the car, IMO.

The whole scenario strikes me not as a forgetful episode, or just as a negligent one, but an extremely poorly planned murder, if that makes sense. Poorly planned by someone who is self aggrandizing, and assumes they can persuade authorities it was an accident.

Do I think prosecutors can PROVE to a jury of laypeople that RH premeditated this murder, I doubt it. Even people here don't want to believe it could be premeditated.

I don't think he intended to kill his child or that he planned anything in advance.

I really don't think he's that bright or that deep of a thinker to even consider it. He seems shallow to me and from his point of view, his life is pretty good - he has a job that he can sext during, friends to socialize with, a cute kid to play with, freedom to sext and hook up with women/girls in the park, a start-up company to brag about. He didn't get a recent promotion and his intimate life with his wife isn't going great, but oh well....he distracts himself with his gadgets, trips to the movies, and daydreams about tacky cruises. He seems like a guy who lives in the moment and is not in the habit of thinking beyond the next meal or social outing.

I don't think he forgot Cooper between breakfast and HD. I think he left Cooper in the car and then forgot about him when he was at work, while sexting and sending photos of his weiner.

I do, however, think he is 100% responsible for the death of his child.

Just my opinion.

There are some posters who think RH is only guilty of forgetting and should not go to prison. Some posters don't trust LE and think LE lies. Everyone has a right to their opinions. I am trying to keep an open mind about the evidence we have seen so far. I can not explain away in my mind every strange/unusual action/ speech that has been presented so far. At this point I think RH is guilty of the charges presented at PCH. I do think this is such an evil act that many people will never under any circumstances believe a father could do this and would vote not guilty no matter what evidence is presented. Those people will try to think of the one in a billion chance that each piece of evidence is wrong. Again, everyone has a right to their own opinions. I was afraid Scott Peterson would not be convicted of murdering Laci. The Laci case was as emotionally charged as the CH case.

If RH's case goes to trial, it will be very interesting to see the security video. I am interested to see if maybe HD had several cameras focused on the parking lot and maybe there are several videos from different angles.

The security video will be interesting to see. If there are additional videos that Det. Stoddard didn't view before the PCH, they may change the perception of the events that took place.

MOO.

Premeditated, IMO.

Mostly because:

1. Can't believe RH could forget he was to drive to daycare in less than a minute.
2. Can't believe RH didn't see or hear Cooper in the drive to work (and backing up to park).

Also:
3. Can't think why RH would make himself late for work by going to CFA. He could have gone earlier. It makes me wonder why, other than to arrive at the parking lot after everyone else was already in the building.

4. The fact that he at least read about (if not researched ) kids dying in hot cars and didn't implement any safeguards to prevent it from happening.

5. I don't believe RH didn't smell anything when he went to the car at noon and after work.

6. His behavior where he stopped with Cooper was bizarre and, IMO, not like most parents in that situation would act.

7. His reply to LE that he shouldn't be arrested because it wasn't intentional (I can't remember the exact legalese term he used), but it sounded to me that he had looked up the law.

A bunch of other things too, but these are the most relevant for me.

No. RH strikes me as a guy like many others I know...ungrateful and arrogant. I think the harm of his actions would only be seen by him in retrospect--he was oblivious to the damage he was doing to his life. It appears he was living in the moment, getting his kicks without regard to those around him. He's paying now...like so many others, he never thought it would happen to him.

Premeditated?
IMO, yes. Why?
jh searched the subject 'dogs dying in cars' along with searching 'how long it takes for a child to die in a hot car' (or should I say when it is hot outside). The last search was done 5 days before Cooper died and I don't believe that was coincidental.

jh used an infant seat-- a too small car seat-- to transport Cooper that chosen, blistering hot day. jh first took his son to CHIK FIL A for breakfast. What better way to be captured on video than at a public place eating breakfast with his adorable little son? jh afterwords put his son in his car seat, buckled him in the smallest setting, gave him a kiss and proceeded to drive>>>>>>for mere SECONDS>>>>>>>>>> past the childcare facility>>>>to his place of employment. jh gathered his work stuff, exited his vehicle, locked the doors, mind you leaving his windows up-shut-closed so no sounds exited and no air entered, leaving little Cooper in the car to bake a horrifying, extremely painful,beyond cruel death.

A few hours later jh left work to eat lunch with friends and to buy vanity bulbs for his wife. After buying the bulbs, jh walked over to his car inferno, opened the drivers side door to>>>>>>>>>>>> toss the bulbs in and>>>>>>> to see if his son was yet deceased.

This child died a horrendous premeditated........planned and carried out death by his so called dad.

Interesting take at this link. Just posted it in the Media thread. Profiler, doctor analyze Harris - http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story/25490723/article-Profiler--doctor-analyze-Harris

"Dudley said he sees lapses in memory very often and considers them normal. What wasn’t normal about Harris’ act of forgetfulness, he said, was Harris apparently didn’t remember his child for seven hours.

“What made it unusual is the length of time that he was left in the car,” Dudley said."

There are some posters who think RH is only guilty of forgetting and should not go to prison. Some posters don't trust LE and think LE lies. Everyone has a right to their opinions. I am trying to keep an open mind about the evidence we have seen so far. I can not explain away in my mind every strange/unusual action/ speech that has been presented so far. At this point I think RH is guilty of the charges presented at PCH. I do think this is such an evil act that many people will never under any circumstances believe a father could do this and would vote not guilty no matter what evidence is presented. Those people will try to think of the one in a billion chance that each piece of evidence is wrong. Again, everyone has a right to their own opinions. I was afraid Scott Peterson would not be convicted of murdering Laci. The Laci case was as emotionally charged as the CH case.

Good analogy (Sc*tt Peters*n) and I agree----RH thinks, heck I'm bored with this married life and fatherly duties. Been there--won the t-shirt. And so RH really starts delving into his fantasy sexting life and making that more and more real.
That was giving him his Narcissistic feed. That was what he was focusing his energy into.

LH and CH no longer really fit into his world.

My first thought was guilty - how could he not of done this on purpose.

I had questions, how could he? why did he do? what?, did I hear that right?

After watching the pch - some of those questions received some answers. Maybe not in great detail, which caused more questions.
Some of the answers in favor of prosecution, some of the answers in favor of defense.

I'm glad I'm on a website that all opinions are welcomed, because mine then changed to Undecided.
I've been processing information giving the benefit of the doubt to the defendant.
Not to RH - but to the process of our judicial system. I know we are not in a court of law, and
opinions can go directly to guilty, my opinion is taking some detours. It may end up at guilty, then again it may not.
He'll sit in jail (IMO) just not sure for how long. So many other cases, and no death sentences that I know of.

I'll wait for trial :waiting: to see all evidence the prosecution has, and the presentation of the defense.

I watched this again and in the first 2 min, when RH comes in and hears the charges against him, is that an eye roll ? Then it does look like he is scanning for LH.

The eye roll... I'm not sure it points to premeditation, but it rubs me the wrong way.
He sure didn't hang his head in shame.

Justin Ross Harris - Probable Cause Hearing - Par…: http://youtu.be/I9u--A2TwZg

All posts are MOO

I don't think he intended to kill his child or that he planned anything in advance.

I really don't think he's that bright or that deep of a thinker to even consider it. He seems shallow to me and from his point of view, his life is pretty good - he has a job that he can sext during, friends to socialize with, a cute kid to play with, freedom to sext and hook up with women/girls in the park, a start-up company to brag about. He didn't get a recent promotion and his intimate life with his wife isn't going great, but oh well....he distracts himself with his gadgets, trips to the movies, and daydreams about tacky cruises. He seems like a guy who lives in the moment and is not in the habit of thinking beyond the next meal or social outing.

I don't think he forgot Cooper between breakfast and HD. I think he left Cooper in the car and then forgot about him when he was at work, while sexting and sending photos of his weiner.

I do, however, think he is 100% responsible for the death of his child.

Just my opinion.

I really like your analysis of his character. It makes a lot of sense to me.

It does seem to me that if a person like that did decide to commit murder, this is the kind of murder he would plan. He doesn't have to actively do anything except walk away, and he can keep his all-important image as a "good" person and father. If he did premeditate this, it could have been a lot of idle thinking and random research and then just deciding the day that it happened. I'm not saying that is what occurred, but it is possible.

I do lean more toward premeditation at this point, as there is just so much evidence, but I am looking forward to hearing more information.

Watched it, just now. Not sure why but he rolled his eyes.
No emotion during reading of the charges.
Wouldn't that cause a reaction?
wow

Interesting take at this link. Just posted it in the Media thread. Profiler, doctor analyze Harris - http://www.mdjonline.com/view/full_story/25490723/article-Profiler--doctor-analyze-Harris

"Dudley said he sees lapses in memory very often and considers them normal. What wasn’t normal about Harris’ act of forgetfulness, he said, was Harris apparently didn’t remember his child for seven hours.

“What made it unusual is the length of time that he was left in the car,” Dudley said."
I am really surprised he didn't mention the glaringly obvious. 7 hours even though he went back to the car and opened the door
3 1/2 hours later.

Not finding Cooper then is ginna be a problem.

All posts are MOO

I watched this again and.in the first 2 min, when RH comes in and hears the charges against.him, is thatan eye roll ? Then it does look like he is scanning foe LH.

The eye roll... I'm not sure it points to premeditation, but.it rubs me the wrong way.
He sure didn't hang his head in shame.

Justin Ross Harris - Probable Cause Hearing - Par…: http://youtu.be/I9u--A2TwZg

All posts are MOO

I saw the eye movement. Not sure if it's an eye roll, more like the type of movement people make to resettle their contacts to me (although I seriously doubt he would have contacts in at this point), but it's sort of hard to see really. Nope, no hanging the head, no shame, no sorrow.

Speaking of contacts, have we heard anything about him wearing corrective eye wear of any kind?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Knovah