1228 users online (213 members and 1015 guests)  

Websleuths News

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    I suspect it was premeditated and I believe LE suspects so as well. I do think that at this point there is not enough evidence to get a conviction on anything involving premeditation. If any evidence comes forth the charges will probably be changed but for now this looks to me like a premeditated crime that cannot be proven as such. Sadly.

Quote Originally Posted by krkrjx View Post
    I suspect it was premeditated and I believe LE suspects so as well. I do think that at this point there is not enough evidence to get a conviction on anything involving premeditation. If any evidence comes forth the charges will probably be changed but for now this looks to me like a premeditated crime that cannot be proven as such. Sadly.
    Didn't someone post that premeditation didn't need to be proved with what he was charged with?

Quote Originally Posted by Inthedetails View Post
    Didn't someone post that premeditation didn't need to be proved with what he was charged with?
    Correct. As he is currently charged there is no proof of premeditation required. But if they get to a point in the investigation where they see proof of premeditation, the charges could be upgraded.

Correct. As he is currently charged there is no proof of premeditation required. But if they get to a point in the investigation where they see proof of premeditation, the charges could be upgraded.
    Gotcha. Thanks.

Do you recall WHEN he cleared the history? Was it something he routinely did or is it specific to the day in question?? I'm not recalling this detail but it could be big. Though, I would think a married sexter would be in the habit of clearing history on devices.?
    I don't have a date. You could be rigbt, he could have been in the habit of clearing the history, IM's, texts etc. every day.
    I'm sure it will come out. Imo he cleared out his phone and maybe the laptop on his car, but because he had some accounts linked they found stuff easily on another device he hadn't been able to clear.

I have been saying he wasn't headed to the theater, that he was headed home instead.
    It just hit me, that may have been his plan, run home delete stuff on home computer then go to theater for the discovery with his buddies to vouche for and comfort him in his "grief"

He couldn't handle the smell.

All posts are MOO
    ~ my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by gngr~snap View Post
    I don't have a date. You could be rigbt, he could have been in the habit of clearing the history, IM's, texts etc. every day.
    I'm sure it will come out. Imo he cleared out his phone and maybe the laptop on his car, but because he had some accounts linked they found stuff easily on another device he hadn't been able to clear.

I have been saying he wasn't headed to the theater, that he was headed home instead.
    It just hit me, that may have been his plan, run home delete stuff on home computer then go to theater for the discovery with his buddies to vouche for and comfort him in his "grief"

All posts are MOO
    I'm thinking he was heading home too. I didn't think of the devices, but heading home so LH could be the grownup and handle the situation he created. Could be both reasons.

The electronic trail he left is sure to be a big part of the case.

Do you recall WHEN he cleared the history? Was it something he routinely did or is it specific to the day in question?? I'm not recalling this detail but it could be big. Though, I would think a married sexter would be in the habit of clearing history on devices.?
    Can someone make a phone call and do other functions on an iphone? Specifically, wipe and delete programs, history and files? Maybe he was doing that during his 6 minute phone call. JMO

All posts are MOO
    BBM

Ahhh, very good thoughts. That would make his comments about being late fit, and the direction he was headed fit as well. Very interesting.

All posts are MOO
    Bingo.
    Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts.---Patrick Moynihan
    Living in the

Quote Originally Posted by KaylynnCouture View Post
    I think it was premeditated, but I think prosecutors are going to have a difficult time convincing a jury of that.

MOO
    It's a good thing they don't have to.

It's a good thing they don't have to.
    Good point.

It won't affect the charges, if I understand what our legal experts have posted.

But I really want to KNOW for real, what happened. Same as Scott P., same as FCA.......just tell us what REALLY happened.

I predict the DA will have the evidence to show malicious intent. Fortunately for Ross, he should have nothing to fear with our juries. I saw one of our own member's post that they needed "overwhelming evidence" that Ross did not forget his child in order to vote guilty for this young man's life sentence. For me, overwhelming evidence is a confession. People rarely confess to their crimes. They try to hide and cover up their dastardly deeds and keep them secreted from others. Members of Caylee's jury just wanted to go to Disney even though they knew CA was a bad word and a baby killer; they let her go free on all the major charges. We know who killed Nicole and Ron yet OJ was acquitted because Christopher Darden thought it was a good idea for OJ to try on the gloves that didn't fit and the jury, if they so chose, had all they needed for reasonable doubt right there.

Maddox Kilgore, Esq. is equipped, as far as I have been able to ascertain, and if he remains as lead counsel for the defense, expect him to work diligently day and night to acquit this man in the upcoming high profile trial.

That's some scary stuff, DeDee, because it's true

Let's hope for jurors with a lick of sense
    Say what you mean, mean what you say, but don't say it mean.
    We are all just trying to make sense of an unimaginable crime.

Quote Originally Posted by EvilSoup View Post
    Good point.

It won't affect the charges, if I understand what our legal experts have posted.

But I really want to KNOW for real, what happened. Same as Scott P., same as FCA.......just tell us what REALLY happened.
    Good yordy! Dennis Rader was enough for me. I will never forget how he matter O factly rattled off what he did.
    His poor wife never had a clue.

All posts are MOO
    ~ my opinion only

Quote Originally Posted by DeDee View Post
    I predict the DA will have the evidence to show malicious intent. Fortunately for Ross, he should have nothing to fear with our juries. I saw one of our own member's post that they needed "overwhelming evidence" that Ross did not forget his child in order to vote guilty for this young man's life sentence. For me, overwhelming evidence is a confession. People rarely confess to their crimes. They try to hide and cover up their dastardly deeds and keep them secreted from others. Members of Caylee's jury just wanted to go to Disney even though they knew CA was a bad word and a baby killer; they let her go free on all the major charges. We know who killed Nicole and Ron yet OJ was acquitted because Christopher Darden thought it was a good idea for OJ to try on the gloves that didn't fit and the jury, if they so chose, had all they needed for reasonable doubt right there.

Maddox Kilgore, Esq. is equipped, as far as I have been able to ascertain, and if he remains as lead counsel for the defense, expect him to work diligently day and night to acquit this man in the upcoming high profile trial.
    His attorney is supposed to work diligently so I have no issue with that. As a matter of fact, I hope he does his job leaving no stone unturned.

Jury ignorance is another issue. I have been soured on our jury process. CA trial and JA penalty phase did that for me. I have no faith in it anymore for the very reason you pointed out that someone posted: Jurors want to see overwhelming evidence. They want a nice neat case that leaves no question unanswered and describes motive, all tied up with a bow. Many jurors are not even aware that proving motive is not required. In this case, I have little doubt that one or more jurors will require that the state prove premeditation. Never mind that the charges do not require that--if a juror requires it, he will walk.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast